LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I8AMBR's VAIS Tech ipod adapter with Prestigious Society Nav override review

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-11, 06:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default I8AMBR's VAIS Tech ipod adapter with Prestigious Society Nav override review

Hey guys I just added the VAIS Tech ipod adapter with the Prestigious society nav override to the car and I am so impressed that I had to let you guys know. With the new units I can now drive with no ipod in my cup holder. I have been waiting for this for a long time. The ipod adapter is what we would expect but what really adds another dimension of use to the entire system in the car is the PS nav override with the ipod adapter. The override unit allows you to use the phone book , use dial pad, scroll through playlists on the ipod , and allows you to use the CD player ( who uses that today ) as a 6 disc DVD player. I just made a trip back from LA with the unit installed and it was so nice to be able to let my wife relax and watch movies while I drive. She said the LS now feels more like a luxury jet with the movies going. It made the trip much easier for her and I am loving the new ipod adapter and all of the cool options I can use with the PS override.

I was a little skeptical about the nav override unit but in all honesty if you get the VAIS tech ipod adapter it just makes sense to add the PS unit to expand the capability of the ipod while driving as well as to turn your car into a rolling theater for your passengers on a long trip. I am so happy with these units I had to let you guys know. All in all for around $600 you can take your LS460s ML system to the next level.

If anyone is interested and lives in the LA area you can PM me for contact info for the shop who sold the parts and install work. You will not regret it !!!!!

PS I should have done this on my GS350

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-08-11 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-09-11, 04:05 AM
phatskeemz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to agree i really like my VAIS Tech ipod adapter
Old 08-09-11, 08:10 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

which model from vaistech did you get?? i'm not that familiar with the models....ive been wanting to get the ML+ but the only thing holding my back is the back-up camera issue and having it installed :/

so, do the two units interfere with each other or is it smooth sailing?? also, can you confirm that you can use the 6-cd changer as a dvd player slot even in the non-ml cars?? (in my situation) lol sorry for throwing these questions at you
Old 08-09-11, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the two units do not interfere with each other, they are completely separate but they compliment each other, that's how i usually say it

actually a little correction, the modules do not change cd changer (non-ml) to play dvd. I8ABMR's car has ml from factory already so he always has a dvd changer. the override simply enable the dvd playback while car is moving

ml+ is still not working for ls460 with backup camera yet i think
Old 08-09-11, 12:14 PM
phatskeemz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adamls2
which model from vaistech did you get?? i'm not that familiar with the models....ive been wanting to get the ML+ but the only thing holding my back is the back-up camera issue and having it installed :/

so, do the two units interfere with each other or is it smooth sailing?? also, can you confirm that you can use the 6-cd changer as a dvd player slot even in the non-ml cars?? (in my situation) lol sorry for throwing these questions at you
i have the VAIS tech VML and i can't play DVD's with my non ML LS and as far as i know you can't do it with the VAIS tech ML+ ether
Old 08-09-11, 01:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

BTW if you guys need info on how to get these units or if you need someone to install the units I would recommend my friend Henry who did my installs. You can PM me for more info if interested
Old 08-09-11, 01:50 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright, great info guys. So, basically I can't play DVDs in the stock cd changer with the ml+ if I'm understanding correctly... I wish I was in Cali so you guys could help me with the install but unfortunately I'm stuck in Fl hahaha!!! It's cool that they integrated pandora into the system but I'm surprised that with that update the backup camera problem is not resolved :/

Thanks again for the replies guys!!
Old 08-09-11, 02:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Alright, great info guys. So, basically I can't play DVDs in the stock cd changer with the ml+ if I'm understanding correctly... I wish I was in Cali so you guys could help me with the install but unfortunately I'm stuck in Fl hahaha!!! It's cool that they integrated pandora into the system but I'm surprised that with that update the backup camera problem is not resolved :/

correct, if you don't have ml then by nature you only have cd changer so you can't read dvd. in your case seems like ml+ is still the only answer. just need to wait for vaistech to work things out
Old 08-09-11, 02:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

You will love this addition. It will take your system to the next level. If you have kids or do long drives this is the best mod for you
Old 08-09-11, 07:56 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

brief summary.. you have to have the factory dvd changer to play dvds.(w the P.S. piece) if u dont have the oem dvd player then u can add the aux a/v input from vais tech..

the ML+ (which vais tech claims will be avail end of this month.... but they've been tellin me that since beginning of may) will allow u to add ipod/iphone WITH VIDEO INPUT.. to the Mark Levinson system w the oem dvd player. the major issue is bcuz of the oem dvd player the a/v input is being used by the nav screen. so they are creating a new electronic switching system to integrate another a/v input for ur ipod/usb/sd etc

the non mark levinson system just needs a simple a/v input and a source whether it be ipod or whatever..

hope this helps

an to whoever is interested DICE electronics jus released a piece the gives u an aux audio (only) input thru a now static free fm input.. for ipod/usb & bluetooth audio so pandora works with oem system (we're using 1 on a Bentley GTC next week)

http://www.diceelectronics.com/
Old 08-09-11, 09:09 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hMm. I have ML system.
Old 08-09-11, 09:56 PM
jasprit
Driver School Candidate

i dont have that ipod installed yet. but i m thinking about buying it today. but my question is where should i go to get it installed. ?
thanks
Old 08-09-11, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
brief summary.. you have to have the factory dvd changer to play dvds.(w the P.S. piece) if u dont have the oem dvd player then u can add the aux a/v input from vais tech..

the ML+ (which vais tech claims will be avail end of this month.... but they've been tellin me that since beginning of may) will allow u to add ipod/iphone WITH VIDEO INPUT.. to the Mark Levinson system w the oem dvd player. the major issue is bcuz of the oem dvd player the a/v input is being used by the nav screen. so they are creating a new electronic switching system to integrate another a/v input for ur ipod/usb/sd etc

the non mark levinson system just needs a simple a/v input and a source whether it be ipod or whatever..

hope this helps

an to whoever is interested DICE electronics jus released a piece the gives u an aux audio (only) input thru a now static free fm input.. for ipod/usb & bluetooth audio so pandora works with oem system (we're using 1 on a Bentley GTC next week)

http://www.diceelectronics.com/
not entirely correct. ml+ works on other lexus models with mark levinson and factory dvd system. their system already integrate factory dvd system video with the external video from ml+ (ipod or other sources). problem with ls460 is something else due to its unique internal computer system design, which is different from other models with ml

Originally Posted by jasprit
i dont have that ipod installed yet. but i m thinking about buying it today. but my question is where should i go to get it installed. ?
thanks
most good audio shops can do it no problem. your location is not listed in your profile so it's hard for people to pinpoint to any specific places
Old 08-09-11, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSP David
hMm. I have ML system.
just wait i guess
Old 08-10-11, 03:55 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

correct as usual... but vais tech already makes compatible modules w/the ls460, the Sl2iup an the VML... but ML+ adds video if im not mistaken as well as ipod out feature

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/SL2i...on%20Guide.pdf

Quick Reply: I8AMBR's VAIS Tech ipod adapter with Prestigious Society Nav override review