LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The LS460 Vossen Wheels owners thread !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11, 05:16 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
CJITTY, where'd you get the Vossen decal on the window? I'd love to have a couple of those. (hint hint just in case any of the vossen guys are watching.
Originally Posted by adamls2
SAME HERE!!!!

You guys email me your address and color you would like

mike@vossenwheels.com

THanks!
Old 12-21-11, 05:37 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
CJITTY, where'd you get the Vossen decal on the window? I'd love to have a couple of those. (hint hint just in case any of the vossen guys are watching.
Looks like Mike is going to take care of you on the stickers..for reference, mine are black and are against 15% tint, but they have enough shine on them to give it a really nice look..I think it is perfect for my color car..folks notice it right away..most recent at the gas station..dude said.."what dat say?? Vosseeen?" Lmao! I provided him with a quick phonics lesson, but he was showing love for the wheels so its all good. Bet he knows how to pronounce it now..he even took pics as I stood in front of my license plate lol
Old 12-21-11, 04:52 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Shout out to Mike for the hookup Vossen rules
Old 12-21-11, 05:51 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks a million Mike. Email sent. Didnt know the colors so I made a couple of requests. And remind Jav to set aside those CV4s for me.
Old 12-21-11, 06:19 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, when are you new Concave styles to be released? We'd love to know kind sir!
Old 12-21-11, 11:13 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am going to get a set of the CV4s when they are released in about 6-8 weeks. I am going to take a plunge into the concave world.

From what I have heard the CV4s will be out in a couple of months and the CV5 closer to the middle of 2012. Not sure about the CV7. Mike what have you heard buddy???
Old 12-22-11, 04:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am going to get a set of the CV4s when they are released in about 6-8 weeks. I am going to take a plunge into the concave world.

From what I have heard the CV4s will be out in a couple of months and the CV5 closer to the middle of 2012. Not sure about the CV7. Mike what have you heard buddy???
Changing wheels doesn't change the fact that you need to lower that car. That's first.
The only problem I have with lowering is excessive tire wear. The LS has a camber correction part. So what else is the problem? It won't change the ride much. It'll be a little less floaty. I guess you like the float. That's cool if that's the case.
Old 12-22-11, 09:26 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Ice350
Changing wheels doesn't change the fact that you need to lower that car. That's first.
The only problem I have with lowering is excessive tire wear. The LS has a camber correction part. So what else is the problem? It won't change the ride much. It'll be a little less floaty. I guess you like the float. That's cool if that's the case.
Well, based on my experience with the Toyota +2mm camber brackets and the Tanabe Springs, the camber is better but the front camber will still be slightly less than perfect. It is NOT enough of a factor for me to have any regrets on the drop. Now that I have the Vossens with different offsets than my 20s, i will be getting it re-aligned and see where things stand now. The alignment guys estimate I will maybe lose 5-10% of tire life based on being a few 10ths out of spec on camber..Toe is good, which is more of a problem than camber. I also lose tire life with staggered fitment because I can't rotate. Since this is not my daily driver, I fully expect to get at least 3 years on this setup..thats good enough for me.

And I can't make it any more clear since I have said this at least 9 times on different posts..but my car on Tanabe's is 5% stiffer than stock...Tanabe advertises this fact and i agree 100%. I have at least three other people (Tee, Trin and Mike) who can vouch for me to say this car still rides like an LS.

I8ABMR, I know you want to drop the car..so just do it LOL! Not sure where you are but, I have an excellent source who can do the install for $250 in FL. Make sure you get your 4 Toyota camber brackets first before installing the springs..those need to be installed at the same time since the struts has to be slightly removed before you can put on the new brackets..all because of one bolt FTL...

And all this talk about lowered cars cause more tire wear is not an accurate statement. I have been dropped 2" all around on my Acura TL (H&R Sport Springs) for many years on Discount Tire's cheap azz Barum Bavaris tires and my tire wear is perfect..I'm not staggered and I do have an Ingalls camber kit on the rears to keep all my alignment numbers green all around. So, you can drop a car with no excessive tire wear...once these dang vendors get on their job to come up with a truly adjustable camber kit for the LS, we will be in this same category as well...just a matter of time. Keep in mind, the rear alignment on my setup is ALL green on the machine, so your only concern is really the front tires..NOT all 4. This is not a big deal if you run a nice conservative drop like the Tanabes. (drops microphone, walks off stage)
Old 12-22-11, 09:38 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ice350
I like the float but I am still leaning towards dropping the car. I have had this mystery vibration for 12 months now so I guess I am concerned about creating more issues until I get it resolved. I have already worn out my welcome at a couple of shops from the number of return visits so I need a little break and so do they. lol. Once the car is vibration free with the new set of wheels then I will consider dropping the car
Old 12-22-11, 10:02 AM
CJITTY

I like the float but I am still leaning towards dropping the car. I have had this mystery vibration for 12 months now so I guess I am concerned about creating more issues until I get it resolved. I have already worn out my welcome at a couple of shops from the number of return visits so I need a little break and so do they. lol. Once the car is vibration free with the new set of wheels then I will consider dropping the car
On the Tanabe's, the float remains on highway for comfort but goes away on cornering, braking and acceleration..if you had a chance to ride in my car with the 22s, Tanabes and Continental DWS (that you had), you will be ordering Tanabe's on your smartphone within a mile of the test drive...
Old 12-22-11, 10:47 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

On the second time around I think I would go with coilovers....I didn't think I would want it stiffer or lower once I had the springs on but I have the urge to go lower now I want my car to be lower like David's with his tire tuckin haahaha!! but once I shave all 4-sides I think i'm going to get some spacers and see how flush I can go
Old 12-22-11, 11:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Well, based on my experience with the Toyota +2mm camber brackets and the Tanabe Springs, the camber is better but the front camber will still be slightly less than perfect. It is NOT enough of a factor for me to have any regrets on the drop. Now that I have the Vossens with different offsets than my 20s, i will be getting it re-aligned and see where things stand now. The alignment guys estimate I will maybe lose 5-10% of tire life based on being a few 10ths out of spec on camber..Toe is good, which is more of a problem than camber. I also lose tire life with staggered fitment because I can't rotate. Since this is not my daily driver, I fully expect to get at least 3 years on this setup..thats good enough for me.

And I can't make it any more clear since I have said this at least 9 times on different posts..but my car on Tanabe's is 5% stiffer than stock...Tanabe advertises this fact and i agree 100%. I have at least three other people (Tee, Trin and Mike) who can vouch for me to say this car still rides like an LS.

I8ABMR, I know you want to drop the car..so just do it LOL! Not sure where you are but, I have an excellent source who can do the install for $250 in FL. Make sure you get your 4 Toyota camber brackets first before installing the springs..those need to be installed at the same time since the struts has to be slightly removed before you can put on the new brackets..all because of one bolt FTL...

And all this talk about lowered cars cause more tire wear is not an accurate statement. I have been dropped 2" all around on my Acura TL (H&R Sport Springs) for many years on Discount Tire's cheap azz Barum Bavaris tires and my tire wear is perfect..I'm not staggered and I do have an Ingalls camber kit on the rears to keep all my alignment numbers green all around. So, you can drop a car with no excessive tire wear...once these dang vendors get on their job to come up with a truly adjustable camber kit for the LS, we will be in this same category as well...just a matter of time. Keep in mind, the rear alignment on my setup is ALL green on the machine, so your only concern is really the front tires..NOT all 4. This is not a big deal if you run a nice conservative drop like the Tanabes. (drops microphone, walks off stage)
I see what you are saying and I agree. I want to drop it but I just want to fix the issue with the wheels first then I will dive into the drop. I am thinking about just ordering the springs and brackets to have them ready but since it will be a couple of months before the wheels show up, I will wait.. Once the car is dropped and aligned then we can dive into the rubbing issues I will be having in the rear because my Pirellis 295's are wider than the conti 295. In my case the rear fender lips will need to be shaved or rolled
Old 12-22-11, 11:22 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamls2
On the second time around I think I would go with coilovers....I didn't think I would want it stiffer or lower once I had the springs on but I have the urge to go lower now I want my car to be lower like David's with his tire tuckin haahaha!! but once I shave all 4-sides I think i'm going to get some spacers and see how flush I can go
does your car rub in the rear right
Old 12-22-11, 02:21 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

does your car rub in the rear right
only with the car full with passengers on very sharp turns or hard dips...I feel that Cjitty's car sits a little lower than mine but Iv'e had my springs on for a shorter period than him... here is how my car sits right now for reference...

Old 12-26-11, 12:45 AM
jasprit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please email me the exact offset and your tire size.
I m using this website so i have no idea. please email me the information at
jaspreetsingh90@rocketmail.com
thanks

http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...s%2Dcv122105bm

Quick Reply: The LS460 Vossen Wheels owners thread !!!!