LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Extended Warranty Purchase: Thanks Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 02:19 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extended Warranty Purchase: Thanks Everyone

I really appreciate this forum. The information shared is priceless.

The original warranty on my 07 LS 460 expired today. I debated whether I should purchase an extended warranty and given how much a major repair might cost, decided that I wanted the extended warranty. Based on the recommendations from this forum, I had several choices and bought the 7 year/100k miles extended warranty from Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota (800 530-5789). I appreciated his service and reasonable pricing.

Greg
Old 07-10-11, 04:09 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ghenley
I had several choices and bought the 7 year/100k miles extended warranty

Greg
Did you get the Platinum warranty? Is the warranty in effect for an additional 7 years or does it extend 3 years beyond the original 4 year warranty and up to 100,000 miles from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service as new?
Old 07-10-11, 04:23 PM
vancouverl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the same platinum warranty It is from in service hence 3 years remaining .same with miles .
i will need to use mine as my passenger speaker is blown .$800 fix
Old 07-11-11, 08:21 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Yep, it just extends it a total of seven years. Not an extra seven years...
Old 07-11-11, 08:24 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vancouverl
I purchased the same platinum warranty It is from in service hence 3 years remaining .same with miles .
i will need to use mine as my passenger speaker is blown .$800 fix
Are you referring to the ECP warranty available from Lexus or some other third party warranty? I ask because I have the ECP Lexus extended warranty and my reading of the booklet that comes with this warranty shows that there are big differences on what is covered in Canada vs. the US. I see no mention of any of the sound system components ( I know the nav screen is not covered in Canada while it is in the US).
Old 07-11-11, 06:09 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
Did you get the Platinum warranty? Is the warranty in effect for an additional 7 years or does it extend 3 years beyond the original 4 year warranty and up to 100,000 miles from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service as new?
It is the Lexus Platinum and extends the orginal for 3 years and up to 100k miles from the in service date. There are a couple of other options available.

Greg
Old 07-11-11, 06:33 PM
vancouverl
Driver

Originally Posted by edarte
Are you referring to the ECP warranty available from Lexus or some other third party warranty? I ask because I have the ECP Lexus extended warranty and my reading of the booklet that comes with this warranty shows that there are big differences on what is covered in Canada vs. the US. I see no mention of any of the sound system components ( I know the nav screen is not covered in Canada while it is in the US).
I have the ecp and yes it does not cover audio or nav and a few other things .I was not satisfied with the ecp coverage and decided to put the us platinum from lexus which once on can be used in canada .
Its the only way to go .If you are still under factory warranty id advise you to get the platinum warranty .pm me if you need assistance
Old 07-14-11, 03:56 AM
mistermet
Rookie

I have a 2007 LS460 which I bought 9/1/07. I didn't take the extended warranty then. I have had zero problems with it including no wind noise problem. I only have 19,000 miles on the car. I was thinking of purchasing an extended warranty now that the original warranty is nearly expired except for the powertrain portion. What warranty options are available to me now at this stage of the car's life?
Thanks for any info.
Old 07-14-11, 05:20 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Originally Posted by mistermet
I have a 2007 LS460 which I bought 9/1/07. I didn't take the extended warranty then. I have had zero problems with it including no wind noise problem. I only have 19,000 miles on the car. I was thinking of purchasing an extended warranty now that the original warranty is nearly expired except for the powertrain portion. What warranty options are available to me now at this stage of the car's life?
Thanks for any info.
I wanted the Platinum which I understand is the best one offered by Lexus. I wanted insurance because of all the electronics in the car, the recalls it's had, the blown amplifier and it was the first model year of the LS460. I thought about saving the money and self-insuring, but was concerned that any problem would be expensive to fix.

In terms of the specific warranty options available, Jerry Johnson will be happy to take the time to explain them to you thoroughly.

Greg
Old 07-15-11, 04:32 AM
mistermet
Rookie

Thanks for your response. Who is Jerry Johnson and how do I contact him?
Old 07-15-11, 05:58 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I wanted the Platinum which I understand is the best one offered by Lexus. I wanted insurance because of all the electronics in the car, the recalls it's had, the blown amplifier and it was the first model year of the LS460. I thought about saving the money and self-insuring, but was concerned that any problem would be expensive to fix.

Greg
I basically had the same reasoning. I got mine at the end of June just before my original 4 year warranty was about to expire.

What cemented my decision as correct was when I later read this thread -

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...lfunction.html

The Pre-Collision option was $2850, and just to replace a part was over $3700!
Old 07-16-11, 05:43 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Originally Posted by mistermet
Thanks for your response. Who is Jerry Johnson and how do I contact him?
Here's my original post with why I recommended Jerry:

The original warranty on my 07 LS 460 expired today. I debated whether I should purchase an extended warranty and given how much a major repair might cost, decided that I wanted the extended warranty. Based on the recommendations from this forum, I had several choices and bought the 7 year/100k miles extended warranty from Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota (800 530-5789). I appreciated his service and reasonable pricing.

Greg
Old 07-16-11, 11:12 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Greg
How much did you pay?
Old 07-17-11, 03:00 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Originally Posted by USLEX
How much did you pay?
I paid $2,040.
Old 07-18-11, 09:33 PM
rtmk40
Driver School Candidate

Default Just purchased extended warranty for my Lexus LS600hL

Guys:

Thanks to the references in this thread, I was able to go straight to Troy Dietrich and Jerry Johnson and work with them to purchase an extended warranty for my 2008 Lexus LS600hL. My local dealer in Mesa, Az wanted $3150 for a 8 year, 75K zero deductible platinum warranty. Troy and Jerry both offered me the same platinum coverage for over eleven hundred dollars less than my dealer's quote. Both were very professional and nice to work with. I went with Jerry in the end. His service is outstanding and he follows up meticulously and makes sure that you are fully satisfied.

Just in case any of you club members are wanting to contact either Troy or Jerry, their contact information is included here:

Troy Dietrich
Toyota of Greenfield, Greenfield, MA 01301
Phone: 413-772-0231, Cell: 413-772-0989
Email: tdietrich@toyotaofgreenfield.com

Jerry Johnson
Midwest Toyota, Hutchinson, KS 67502
Phone: 800-530-5789, Cell: 620-664-8844
Email: jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Purchase: Thanks Everyone