LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Drove my first LS460 today: Very disappointed

Old 06-09-11, 09:42 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The steering wheel of the LS Sport are all leather which I like much more thant the wood comb. I agree that the seats are the weakest part of the car. Thje seats are much worse than those in BMW's and MB's that I have owned/driven. Even the "Sport" seats in my LS Sport have virtually no lateral support and they have much more prominent bolsters than the standard seats.
Old 06-09-11, 10:26 AM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just a question, but do you realize this car wasn't built to go "canyon carving." The LS Sport isn't built for it either in my opinion. The LS Sport is supposed to be sportier than the LS460, but not to a BMW's/MB's extent. It is a plush and luxurious vehicle with "soft" suspension and decent handling for cruising the land. It weighs over 5000lbs. Yes, the seats could probably be better, and from what I've read on here, some dealerships have swapped them out because the foam/sponge in the seats were pretty bad. If the seats are that bad, see if you can get them swapped out, OR you could go buy some SPARCO seats and see if they fit.
Old 06-09-11, 11:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have sat in ls460 with the "fixed" seats with more padding, honestly it didn't help that much. nothing compared to the sc430 i once had, or the ls430 in terms of cushion. if you are saying the ls460 should be that plush, then the seats are a problem.
Old 06-09-11, 12:49 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree about the seats when compared to the LS430 vs. LS460, the 430's seats are on another level of comfort. I find myself adjusting my body a lot until I get comfortable also the 430's seat is wider too.
Old 06-09-11, 01:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

gosh LS owners always complainin,,, another note, with S class, its not guaranteed u will get the benz loaner all the time,,,it might be ford fiesta
Old 06-09-11, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LIMS407
gosh LS owners always complainin,,, another note, with S class, its not guaranteed u will get the benz loaner all the time,,,it might be ford fiesta
lol you want to check the other lexus model forums

and same with lexus. plenty of people have gotten rental car
Old 06-10-11, 10:58 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iceman76
Just a question, but do you realize this car wasn't built to go "canyon carving." The LS Sport isn't built for it either in my opinion. The LS Sport is supposed to be sportier than the LS460, but not to a BMW's/MB's extent. It is a plush and luxurious vehicle with "soft" suspension and decent handling for cruising the land. It weighs over 5000lbs. Yes, the seats could probably be better, and from what I've read on here, some dealerships have swapped them out because the foam/sponge in the seats were pretty bad. If the seats are that bad, see if you can get them swapped out, OR you could go buy some SPARCO seats and see if they fit.
I do understand that the LS Sport isn't a sports car. On the other hand, it has Brembo brakes, a sport tuned suspension, an LF-A tuned transmission and paddle shifters. It may not be a sports car and designed to carve up canyons like my old 550i sport, but it is designed to be able to be driven harder than the standard LS. Having said all that, I still contend that for a "sports" version of the LS 460, the sport seats have woefully little lateral support and should be improved.
Old 06-10-11, 11:32 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol you want to check the other lexus model forums

and same with lexus. plenty of people have gotten rental car
maybe it varies with dealership but mine guarantees lexus loaner at all times,,,but my mother never gets benz loaner with her SL,,,
Old 06-10-11, 12:25 PM
highroler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Seats

My only issue with the car is the A/C seats - great concept but doesnt really work as advertised. Airflow needs to be redesigned with stronger, low db fans.

Otherwise, love the car
Old 06-10-11, 01:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by stanatl
I do understand that the LS Sport isn't a sports car. On the other hand, it has Brembo brakes, a sport tuned suspension, an LF-A tuned transmission and paddle shifters. It may not be a sports car and designed to carve up canyons like my old 550i sport, but it is designed to be able to be driven harder than the standard LS. Having said all that, I still contend that for a "sports" version of the LS 460, the sport seats have woefully little lateral support and should be improved.
lfa tranny? you wish. it has the isf tranny i can tell you for sure if the ls460 has the lfa tranny it will be one of the worst things lexus can ever do. the shifting is hard

Originally Posted by LIMS407
maybe it varies with dealership but mine guarantees lexus loaner at all times,,,but my mother never gets benz loaner with her SL,,,
that's just your dealership, i have seen plenty of cases here where lexus dealerships ran out of loaners and need rentals. in fact, happened to me, and they offered a corolla.
Old 06-10-11, 02:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Bottom line is you were driving a sports version of a pure luxury car. What did you expect? Its kind of like saying my sports yacht cant keep up with my cigarette boat. LOL

I had a G35 that I used to do track days in and even did 2 autocross/gymkhana sessions in. I then went to the GS and now the LS. Although I miss the sportiness I had to learn to love the car for what they are and they do well. In the case of the LS it coddles me comfortably and makes me feel BIG TIME!! LOL
Old 06-10-11, 02:17 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Now if they would build a limited edition or get a crazy tuner to get a lfa v10 in an LS
Teehee....
Old 06-11-11, 03:00 AM
jaser35x
Driver School Candidate

It's not a sport's ride..... it's just not! If you want to float and enjoy the ride on the expressway go comfort, if you want a little more control go sport mode.. it's not a BMW, most of us don't care about how fast we can take the off ramp!!!! ... but it's there when you need it... and trust me, you'll be in the dealer a whole lot less too......
Old 06-11-11, 09:00 AM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Bottom line is you were driving a sports version of a pure luxury car. What did you expect? Its kind of like saying my sports yacht cant keep up with my cigarette boat. LOL

I had a G35 that I used to do track days in and even did 2 autocross/gymkhana sessions in. I then went to the GS and now the LS. Although I miss the sportiness I had to learn to love the car for what they are and they do well. In the case of the LS it coddles me comfortably and makes me feel BIG TIME!! LOL
This is exactly why I'm switching. Except trying to make the jump straight to the LS.
Old 06-11-11, 03:08 PM
Riceater
Driver

I've been in a few of German cars. Audi S4, A4, A5, BMW 335i, 535xi, 135i, M3, Mercedes C300, C350, etc.

Always been a fan of Mercedes. Love the looks. Love the fact that they put powerful V8s in their AMG packages. I feel they're usually a perfect mix of luxury, class, and sportiness. However, since about 2008/2009 it seems like they've decided to go cheap on their interiors. Base model C, E, and S-class cars get shoddy quality, limited features, no horsepower, and a massive price tag. I think it's safe to say that Mercedes has far more profitability built into their base model sedans than they do their higher end AMG cars.

BMW and Audi are the same story. Crappy interior. BMW is the worst by far. No LED lighting, no back up camera, no air-conditioned seats, no touchscreen NAV, sound system is mediocre at best when compared to the Mark Levinson package, more road noise, crappier reliability, more expensive maintenance, horrible resale value, I mean the list goes on and on. You have to spend nearly $60,000 on a German car to even come close to comparing to the bang for buck you get in a Lexus IS, GS, or LS. The one thing BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have going for them is looks.. but like a relationship, it takes more than looks to get the job done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drove my first LS460 today: Very disappointed