LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 08:21 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Some parts are on an affected parts list. Certain suppliers to Lexus have been serverely disrupted because of the disaster. They expect it to get worse by mid summer. There's not a whole lot the dealer can do. I ordered a part recently for a customer (I work parts at a Lexus dealer) that showed in stock in our local warehouse. It went on backorder for 2-3 days. And they may show stock in the California warehouse, that doesn't mean they'll release it to the dealer. And of course this isn't typical. We can normally get parts in 1-2 days.
Old 04-27-11, 04:32 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Ramik, all I can say is that I wish It had taken them 2 weeks to fix my car. I'd been super happy. I dropped my car off Dec 20th for a braking issue and didnt get it back for 5 weeks. Yes, 5 weeks. no typo. After getting back, it went back and forth to the dealer for the same problem up until 2 weeks ago when they finally called and my wife picked up for me since I was our of the country. The longest it was in our posession since the 5 week return was 6 days, yes 6 days. All other times varied from a couple of minutes to a few days. Its been back 2 weeks now and all seems fine so Im hoping the issue is fixed. My case might have been a little different since it involved a brake issue and they wouldnt release the car until they thought it was fully repaired. All 5 times I had it back.

I did rack up almost 5000 miles on their loaners which is something I wouldve never done on my own car. Went out of time any chance I had. And since they were all hybrids, I had no problem with just riding around.
Old 04-27-11, 08:54 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

305Busa,

Thats Crazy!!! 5 weeks.... Well at this point I wish to get my car back within a 5 week period. I am going on 3 weeks now....

Offroad200,

From your experience with this whole Japan issue, how long is it taking for parts to come in... Have you had to order motor mounts or front air shocks? If so, is it difficult to get those parts now? How long should I expect to wait...

Thanks - Rami
Old 04-28-11, 08:12 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramik80
Offroad200,

From your experience with this whole Japan issue, how long is it taking for parts to come in... Have you had to order motor mounts or front air shocks? If so, is it difficult to get those parts now? How long should I expect to wait...

Thanks - Rami
It just all depends. We're not having issues with all parts. Most are coming in in the normal time frame. Something like motor mounts and air shocks on that new of a car aren't common items (at least not for our dealership). Uncommon parts are usually harder to get just because the warehouses don't stock that many. For instance, if our local warehouse shows a few in stock, we normally get the parts the next day. But, with this disaster, the local may show stock but may not release them. It's kinda up in the air for us too. There may be more info they're not telling us. I'm the low man on the totem pole here.
Old 04-28-11, 08:16 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The situation in Japan is affecting more than just cars built in that country. Apparently there is a factory outside of Tokyo that manufactures a computer chip that is an essential piece of equipment in 40% of vehicles worldwide and that factory had to close down due to earthquake damage and is just now, slowly, coming back on-line. I'm afraid that we'll be feeling multiple effects from this disaster for some time to come.

To the OP: enjoy your RX loaner...it's a great car!
Old 04-28-11, 01:28 PM
iceburg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ramik80
Hello,

Its now 2 weeks since the car has been in the dealership.... WTF has anyone else ever experience such a long wait on there car from the dealership?
Maybe they actually completed the service and delivered the car to the wrong customer like this poor guy.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...st-my-car.html
Old 04-28-11, 01:45 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Procedure fix problems and procedure takes time. Your local dealership did nothing wrong but you just have to wait. Now your can enjoy a loaner car without any worry of running into potholes and you can pushing it hard too. (lol, j/k)

A 3-year-old car needs motor mounts already? I can be wrong but I think it is something else causing that vibration. If it is the mounts problem then the previous owner must utilize the car well....

Last edited by josephdoc; 04-28-11 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-30-11, 05:25 AM
max1223
Driver School Candidate

Just had air shocks replaced. First one took ten days to come in but second one was only 2 days. Who knows
Old 04-30-11, 07:31 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

JosephDoc,

This is the Lexus Dealer.... you would think they would run a diagnosis that would tell them that motor mounts are worn.... I dont think that they assumed it was just the motor mounts. I would sure hope so...

Max1223,

The dealer said I only need the front right air shock to be replaced... If I counted business days... it is now 10 business days since I dropped off the car. I am hoping for a phone call this week.
Old 05-03-11, 11:37 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Calling my nick out won't make a difference.

I know... it is a Lex dealership. It will take longer if you have a Lambo or a Ferrari.

You need to work this one out with patience. If dealer has no parts then you just have to wait. The econ system is a mess in Japan due to the earthquake and after-effect damages, and maybe your parts are affected in production.

I am sure your local dealership is doing their best. I had to wait for a window trim (10' LS460) for 3 weeks, and 6 weeks to wait for a special gasket for my wife's show car (06' IS350). I did not complain because it was reasonable to me since I work in auto industry too.

The dealership wants to finish repairing your car as fast as they can no matter it is a warranty issue or not. They loose more money if a car is doing nothing in their yard.

Good luck~
Old 05-04-11, 11:09 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, they have clearly communicated to you your options. Either take your car or leave it, nobody is stopping you.

It is understandable that the parts are taking longer than expected. Not even the mighty Toyota Motor Corporation can control mother earth.
Old 05-07-11, 09:11 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

Just an update, This thursday will be a month since I left my LS460L at the dealership. I spoke with the rep that is suppose to be in contact with me regarding my car last week and he said he has no word, and no estimated date.
Should I request to speak to a manager regarding this issue or should I just it back and let them figure it out?

I mean come on now, this is starting go get a bit frustrating. Would this is be the same issue if I would of taken it to a different dealership???? Maybe another dealership has these parts - (motor mounts and front right air shock)

What if they cant get the parts??? What happens then???

Thanks - Rami
Old 05-08-11, 04:52 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

I would probably be doing the same thing as I hate having a loaner that isn't my car, but think about it like this you putting miles on another car other than yours. They should give you free gas. I would def. check other dealerships to se if they have these parts in stock and then try to see if they can talk to the service manager to get them there.
Old 05-08-11, 10:40 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

The nuclear disaster in Japan notwithstanding, typically foreign manufacturers do not stock rarely needed parts in US distribution centers. I think engine mounts probably qualify for this category.

Like the others said, just go pick up your car and have them call you when the parts come in.
Old 05-09-11, 11:11 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah Ramik, I hate to say "I told you so" but back on April 25th when you first posted I suggested you take your car back until the parts arrived.

Obviously the dealer gets no joy from having your car sit on their lot and you driving their loaner. I would expect them to be doing everything "reasonable" to resolve this problem.

So, while I sympathize with you wanting to get your LS back, I suggest you "Suck it up buttercup" until it gets fixed (whenever that may be given the parts pipeline disruption) or go get your car back today and wait for the parts to arrive.

Quick Reply: 08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???