LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

?!? ls460 exhaust options ?!?

Old 03-30-11, 07:35 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
hahaha you should just pick up the megan exhaust -- it's cheap enough. i'm sure you can find it for less than $300 picked up somewhere and if it doesn't work out, you can slang in on the forum for about what you bought it for :P
Hahahah, you're probably right. I've had that experience before with my G35 :P LOL Althoguh this is my 1st "expensive "car and I guess I want to do it right from the start?? I'm not really sure.... i'm not exactly running around with deep pockets....at least not for now

So ya, i'm probably going to end up getting the MR and just testing it out for my self :/ + $1500+ for an exhaust is just asking for trouble hahahahah!!

Last edited by adamls2; 05-31-12 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-31-11, 08:14 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to do the same thing. I'm waiting on my megan exhaust in the mail. i'll try it out with and without the silencer. Hopefully it's what i'm looking for. All the good video clips are on other cars and i'm sure on the LS it will sound differently...but better than the clip on megan's site cause the outside one is terrible.
Old 03-31-11, 08:59 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by memphisLS
I plan to do the same thing. I'm waiting on my megan exhaust in the mail. i'll try it out with and without the silencer. Hopefully it's what i'm looking for. All the good video clips are on other cars and i'm sure on the LS it will sound differently...but better than the clip on megan's site cause the outside one is terrible.
did you also buy the midpipes as well??
Old 04-01-11, 06:53 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

I have the midpipes on order as well. I ordered those from lextasy but found them cheaper on another site and with free shipping. pm me and i'll send you the link for that site. I'm trying to get some tracking info from lextasy but no luck so far, they are supposedly "in transit". I'm really hoping that they sound great behind this V8.
Old 04-01-11, 07:17 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I have the midpipes on order as well. I ordered those from lextasy but found them cheaper on another site and with free shipping. pm me and i'll send you the link for that site. I'm trying to get some tracking info from lextasy but no luck so far, they are supposedly "in transit". I'm really hoping that they sound great behind this V8.
yeah i really want to hear what it sounds like because i might get them as well :P

do you mind PMing me the website and what you paid for it??

also are you going to install both mid-pipes and exhaust together or are you goging to do one before the other?

thanks
Old 04-03-11, 06:02 PM
1LSsport
Driver

Here's another exhaust made by PTS they also manufacture exhaust for the IS-F which have a similar engine. This exhaust can be purchased at VipAuto Salon and by the way the PTS have a nice exhaust note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pdXS...e_gdata_player
Old 04-04-11, 06:52 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adamls2
yeah i really want to hear what it sounds like because i might get them as well :P

do you mind PMing me the website and what you paid for it??

also are you going to install both mid-pipes and exhaust together or are you goging to do one before the other?

thanks
I'll be doing both together. I also have new tires to put on and will install those the same day. The naval base close to me has a hobby shop and I do all my work there. My mid-pipes arrived Saturday and my axle back is being shipped. I'm planning to install everything next Saturday morning.
Old 04-04-11, 07:58 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I'll be doing both together. I also have new tires to put on and will install those the same day. The naval base close to me has a hobby shop and I do all my work there. My mid-pipes arrived Saturday and my axle back is being shipped. I'm planning to install everything next Saturday morning.
good to hear, cant wait til saturday
Old 04-04-11, 11:08 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

here's what the PTS sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z8BpT2fm5Q

don't mind the video... i was helping a friend drop his car off and after i video taped it, i noticed my exhaust sound came out spot on in the video... if you have a sub that is...

and someone asked me what PTS stood for... i had the car on the lift and i found out myself:
Old 04-04-11, 03:11 PM
1LSsport
Driver

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
here's what the PTS sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z8BpT2fm5Q

don't mind the video... i was helping a friend drop his car off and after i video taped it, i noticed my exhaust sound came out spot on in the video... if you have a sub that is...

and someone asked me what PTS stood for... i had the car on the lift and i found out myself:
Do you mind If I PM you? I just have a few questions regarding the exhaust thank you in advance.
Old 04-04-11, 04:30 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Alright, I put the videos of what I found so far of the available exhaust systems so far...

I'm interested in listening to the ings+1 system, if anyone can find a video or has it please pitch in....

if anyone else finds something interesting please post it up here

also i founds the Tom's exhaust system on lexus parts and the tips look nice but the price is pretty hefty http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2886

Last edited by adamls2; 05-31-12 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-06-11, 08:09 PM
RioDino
Driver School Candidate

You can look here for some exhaust options:

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts.../10A50209.aspx
Old 04-07-11, 06:39 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RioDino
You can look here for some exhaust options:

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts.../10A50209.aspx
That site doesn't have any options for the LS460. At least none that are made specifically for this car.
Old 04-09-11, 11:26 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

That site doesn't have any options for the LS460. At least none that are made specifically for this car.
yep there is nothing on that site for LS460's...

so any update on the megans?? did the axle back arive and did you install them??
Old 04-10-11, 02:02 AM
o2 jockey
Driver School Candidate

i wasnt really in the market for an exhaust, but after hearing that suruga exhaust i think i woudnt mind getting it. if theres a group by and the price drops... Im in as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ?!? ls460 exhaust options ?!?