LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

?? best offset for 22's ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-11, 03:40 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question ?? best offset for 22's ??

well ive been digging around looking at old threads and asking around on what would be the ideal offset for the ls460 with 22's..... so far i have heard that front is recommended 30-40 and rear 40-45... i am not planning on doing any fender mods to the car, and i will probably be doing megan coilovers in the future (or tanabe springs if i decide to cheap out) but for now im just planning on getting rims that have a good offset and will be good for when i plan to lower it and such

so i would like to know from you guys from experience what you guys are running and what would probably be the best offset for 22's on the 460.... my car is a SWB non air suspension btw.... thanks in advance
Old 03-14-11, 03:47 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

adam, one of the things you can do is measure it yourself -- here's what i'd do:

1. figure out your ride height and alignment settings (this would probably mean you'd have your coilover/spring setup installed already)
2. at the ride height you want to roll at, grab a piece of cardboard or something and measure out the fitment you want to have and measure the distance between your "new wheel face" and your original wheels
3. plug the original wheel offsets and widths into a wheel width/offset calculator

voila, you have the measurements for a set of wheels that fit the way YOU want them to.

or if you like how other peoples' wheels fit, then you should just ask them haha.
Old 03-14-11, 04:41 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cheez80
adam, one of the things you can do is measure it yourself -- here's what i'd do:

1. figure out your ride height and alignment settings (this would probably mean you'd have your coilover/spring setup installed already)
2. at the ride height you want to roll at, grab a piece of cardboard or something and measure out the fitment you want to have and measure the distance between your "new wheel face" and your original wheels
3. plug the original wheel offsets and widths into a wheel width/offset calculator

voila, you have the measurements for a set of wheels that fit the way YOU want them to.

or if you like how other peoples' wheels fit, then you should just ask them haha.
that sounds good but then again in my situation i would have to be lowered 1st which im not planning to :/

haha but yes im basically just trying to ask what people are running specs from this forum based on experience of course
Old 03-14-11, 05:52 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
that sounds good but then again in my situation i would have to be lowered 1st which im not planning to :/

haha but yes im basically just trying to ask what people are running specs from this forum based on experience of course
why aren't you going to lower it first? just curious, haha
Old 03-14-11, 08:45 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

i want to see how it turns out looking 1st so i might not even lower it unless i really dont like the way the ride height is on 22's and also this is my only car for now so until im financially able to get another car i dont want to lower my DD for obvious reasons (had bad experiences prior LOL)
Old 03-14-11, 09:50 PM
o2 jockey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I8ABMR just posted his 22's and the specs. i think he'd be your best bet to ask so far.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...formation.html
Old 03-14-11, 09:56 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

If you did through my post, I listed the offset I got on my wheels. You can also look at the pics I have that show my LS at different heights. No fender mods at all and i'm loving my 22's...
Good Luck...
Old 03-15-11, 07:31 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

thkanks guys....Alex i like your ride even though i'm not a huge chrome fan but its clean i couldn't find what offset the Savanis are and also how much are you lowered?? i know its a lowering module but im not going to be able to get that...

also I8ABMR is not lowered so i wouldnt know how thats going to be like... need to ask him or some Vossen representative on the offsetts that they offer for the ls460...

i think i saw a thread of someone else with vossens that is lowered on tanabe springs so id have to check that out...
Old 03-15-11, 02:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Generally when you order wheels the offsets are set by the manufacturer unless you are doing some custom 3 pc wheels. I dont think you need to look for the specific offset as much as the wheels that will fit your car. Ask some of the VIP guys. They do custom offsets but they also tend to do more fender mods than most as well
Old 03-16-11, 05:43 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Generally when you order wheels the offsets are set by the manufacturer unless you are doing some custom 3 pc wheels. I dont think you need to look for the specific offset as much as the wheels that will fit your car. Ask some of the VIP guys. They do custom offsets but they also tend to do more fender mods than most as well
thanks will do ive been on the VIP sites searching around...
Old 03-16-11, 08:43 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
thanks will do ive been on the VIP sites searching around...
there's not much information floating around on US sites, but if you're looking for a conservative fitment, you could try the japanese wheel manufacturers. for example, trafficstar recommends a 22x9 +26 hi-disk and 22x10 +39 standard disk, with 245/30 and 285/25 tires. this seems conservative, but you probably won't have to do any fender modification to your car.

here's the PDF: http://www.river-side.co.jp/matching/matching.pdf
Old 03-16-11, 08:56 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

thanks im thinking of going with 9x22F and 10.5x22R rims sizes... and 245/30F and 295/25R

at least i think a 295 would fit in the rear... im probably only going to lower it between 1-1.5in all around just good looking for everyday driving unless i go crazy and decide to try it out on the track hahah
Old 03-16-11, 07:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am pretty happy with the way the 245/30 and 295/25/22 look and ride. If you are going to drop and do aggressive offsets you may want a slight stretch of the tires and to try the 285/25/22
Old 03-17-11, 07:16 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

hmmm thanks for the help!! i really like your ride i guess ill have to see whats going to happen when i do all of this...
Old 03-24-11, 10:36 AM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Default Savini OffSet on my 22's

[QUOTE=adamls2;6225314]thkanks guys....Alex i like your ride even though i'm not a huge chrome fan but its clean i couldn't find what offset the Savanis are and also how much are you lowered?? i know its a lowering module but im not going to be able to get that...QUOTE]

I'm looking at my invoice and it shows "120+40mm"

Quick Reply: ?? best offset for 22's ??