LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 07:17 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??

Wow! I'm no pro but I've installed and uninstalled a good amount of systems in my time. Working on my new (to me) LS is like no other car I've had. The thing is built like a tank.

Usually, running the power into the trunk is the easiest part. Snap up the bottom part of the back seat and then a few bolts to remove the upper part of the back seat and your basically IN the trunk.

Not on the LS...Any tips on the best way to get this from the back seat into the trunk?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-11, 07:48 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a fuse box on the driver side behind the back seat and accessible from the trunk on the side. You can follow the bus lines that are already feeding into that area and there are several grommits on the rear wall behind the rear seats that you can feed into. I had an installer run my cables as he ran 4 gauge from the battery all down the passenger side and then into amp area which is also in the trunk , there are lines there also that feed into the trunk which is what he used, but your right, this vehicle is solid
Old 03-09-11, 04:57 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

Thanks cmasten. I was reading your posts actually looking for the answer.

So like under the trunk closer motor I'm guessing? I was hoping to avoid removing the whole trunk lining, but I guess that's the next step.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-11, 05:24 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice posting. I was looking to do the same thing this weekend. Im tired of my ML sub blowing. I listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop and I dont think it was designed for that. So Im going with an aftermarket amp and sub. I couldnt figure out a way into the trunk though.

By the way, Cash, I feel the way you do. Love the name.
Old 03-09-11, 07:38 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm implanning on doing something inn the trunk as well...so the best way would be through the that fuse box??
Old 03-09-11, 08:17 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

adam, where in Florida are you? Maybe you me and 305 need to meet up and put our heads together.

I'm thinking this should be easy once we get the whole trunk liner removed, i just really didn't want to start messing with that piece too much.
Old 03-09-11, 10:06 AM
305Busa
Instructor

That sounds good to me. I have another question though. How did they get the wire thru the firewall?

Send me a PM and we can meet up.
Old 03-09-11, 11:04 AM
CashOverAs
Driver

O my goshhhh that was the worst part (but in my experience with car audio that's always the worst part).

Open the passenger door and pull up the door sill. Then pull up out that corner piece. That will expose a whole bunch of wires.

Then pull down the black cover that's under the glove box.

Then all the way in the front right, there's a gromet that feeds into the engine bay. you can (carefully) poke a hole in that gromet and feed the wire through. It's really frustrating but this will help a lot.

I literrally reclined the passenger seat and laid UPSIDE down with my head on the floor so I can see the gromet and feed the wire through.
Old 03-09-11, 02:33 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

haha hey guys im up in JAX... btw also do you guys have ML? i dont so could it be a little different (dont much about either premium system or ML )
Old 03-09-11, 02:54 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

I have ML.

In regards to what we are trying to accomplish, it's probably no different at all.
Old 03-09-11, 04:55 PM
305Busa
Instructor

ML here as well.
Old 03-09-11, 06:41 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a sub that would fit into stock location that would replace the stock ML sub? I'm not looking for extra bass, just want to find alternatives incase I need to replace the stock ones. Thanks
Ps I believe the stock one is 10"? How thick?
Old 03-09-11, 06:52 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

since u guys are a lil ahead of me on this..(gonna pull the back seat to install coilovers) if i have time this w/e i'll pull the seat out as well as kick panels w runners.. an post some pics...

btw are any of u going to daytona next w/e for Spring Break Nationals?
if so lemme know

http://www.springbreaknationals.com/
Old 03-10-11, 12:09 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Well, if youre installing coil overs, I assume you have the SWB. If thats the case, do your rear seats recline? I took mines over the bestbuy and they looked at it and when they realized the seats reclined, they said they wouldnt touch it.

BTW, I took it to BB because I have a buddy that works there and he's done all my other cars.
Old 03-10-11, 12:10 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Oh, it looks like there's a few Florida LS guys on here. Maybe we can have our own Florida LS meet.

Quick Reply: Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??