LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pics! Got the new wheels on..finally

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-11, 06:35 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

oh, don't get me wrong.. I am very pleased..just my initial reaction was they were just a touch louder than what I remembered about my 18s..then again, today was the first time in 10 days I got the car at hwy speeds and I took the majority concrete route vs the majority blacktop hwy route home tonight.
Old 01-19-11, 07:02 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I love this shot.

Old 01-19-11, 08:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I felt the same increase in road noise and vibration with the addition of the 22's on my car...........but it totally worth it. I love the way the car looks
Old 01-20-11, 05:31 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice choice in wheels, looks good!
Old 01-20-11, 09:19 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice!
Old 01-20-11, 11:10 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Looks like too much tire!! Small wheels+ bigger (quality) tires equals great ride. However not my style. My deuce deuces improved my drive 10%, however to each their own. If this makes you happy, than more power to you sir. I just think that if your factory wheels were jacked, get another set of factories, from your our local rim shop that were just took off a car that had 22"s put on, for cheap.

You spent $$ on rims and tires that were 1" larger than the largest factory size? Sorry but it makes no sense to me.

However its your car, enjoy!
Old 01-20-11, 11:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

those are clean!!
Old 01-21-11, 10:10 AM
ESU1909
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimitguj
Looks like too much tire!! Small wheels+ bigger (quality) tires equals great ride. However not my style. My deuce deuces improved my drive 10%, however to each their own. If this makes you happy, than more power to you sir. I just think that if your factory wheels were jacked, get another set of factories, from your our local rim shop that were just took off a car that had 22"s put on, for cheap.

You spent $$ on rims and tires that were 1" larger than the largest factory size? Sorry but it makes no sense to me.

Really?!?!
Old 01-21-11, 02:02 PM
CJITTY

Default Updated pics

Here are some more pics with my aging digital camera..bonus shots at the end with my daily driver Acura TL and some HID Yellow Fog goodness

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-21-11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-24-11, 11:23 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Looking Good! I don't usually like to give advice but you need to paint your calipers black to really tie it together especially with such an open design wheel. Its like wearing old socks with new shoes.
Old 01-24-11, 11:49 AM
up4speed
Driver School Candidate

That looks great! I have to say, for me, it is the nicest wheel and tire combo I have ever seen on an LS so far!! It has just the right amount of flash, not too much. It has a custom look, but still looks stock and still matches the class of the car. Even though some rims look nice, and even stunning some times, I am not crazy about the rims that people put on that would look at home on a Mustang or Camaro. This car is not a sports car, I think it's over kill when people try to make it look like one. Just my opinion of course.
Old 01-24-11, 01:23 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by KayGee
Looking Good! I don't usually like to give advice but you need to paint your calipers black to really tie it together especially with such an open design wheel. Its like wearing old socks with new shoes.
Can't agree with you more! This has been on my list, just haven't got to it yet..lazy fail. Trust me, it bothers me too lol
Old 01-24-11, 01:26 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by up4speed
That looks great! I have to say, for me, it is the nicest wheel and tire combo I have ever seen on an LS so far!! It has just the right amount of flash, not too much. It has a custom look, but still looks stock and still matches the class of the car. Even though some rims look nice, and even stunning some times, I am not crazy about the rims that people put on that would look at home on a Mustang or Camaro. This car is not a sports car, I think it's over kill when people try to make it look like one. Just my opinion of course.
Appreciate that, that is exactly what i was going for. Something a little different, bigger wheel, oem fitment. I have been getting crazy compliments on them while out and about..glad i went with them
Old 01-26-11, 09:38 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimitguj

Wow, I wanted to say this but thought it wouldn't be nice. Dude has *****.

Maybe this is nicer.

The stock tires are performance tires.
Going bigger is not a significant change.
To compensate for the smaller sidewall, all-season performance tires work well. I used my stockers several times over the past 4 years. I won't say there is no difference but it isn't much because I buy 20's that are highly rated for comfort and quiet. More highly rated than the stockers.
I am a person that loves the sport/luxury ride. Smoothness is important to me. Just ask the guys who sell me tires. It has to be just the way I want or I am a pain in the butt. So I see no logic in getting 20's for a car that looks best with 21 or 22's. The 22's use 245-30 aspect ratio...same as my 20's. The ride should be fine with good quality all-season tires.

However, to each his own. If the owner likes 20's on his LS460, more power to him. I just wish he'd use a better reason, more accurate reason...or none at all cause it ain't ride quality.
Old 01-27-11, 08:32 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

I think those wheels and tires look great. If I were to buy new wheels I would probably go for 20's as well. I like that they are not too flashy and you don't have to get your car lowered to make it look good.

Quick Reply: Pics! Got the new wheels on..finally