LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm considering a '07 LS 460 L... how happy are you with yours?

Old 01-05-11, 08:11 PM
bossku69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm considering a '07 LS 460 L... how happy are you with yours?

I'm getting rid of my BMW 750Li for the LS460L. I had a friend with one and loved the car and IMO, better than the S550 in terms of value.

I've had my 7 for about 2 years and I can't wait to see this thing go. Everything is expensive and non stop problems with the car... plus I'm sick of sitting in something that was made in 2002 with no interior updates.

There's a good deal on one at my dealer, CPO and in great condition. However, viewing the car I'm not sure if it has the sport package or not. Which leads me to ask, what other options should I be looking for (minus executive seating)?

Ideally, I want to get the kit from vaistech.com to use my iPhone in the car through the factory nav. Can't do that in my 7 without spending hundreds

Anyway, how happy are you overall with the car? I'm not buying this to be a sports car or expect to race other cars, but more for a long term vehicle that I can drive for the next 5-8 years.

Thanks
Old 01-05-11, 09:08 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

I love my LS 460L and I too debated the exact car you are about to get rid of, but the interior was my turn off! How can a luxury car not come or give you an option for a Wood Grain Steering Wheel for the amount of $$$$ you are spending!

Here is my thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...my-ls460l.html

You will not regret this car!!!
Old 01-05-11, 09:11 PM
bossku69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JSTALEX
I love my LS 460L and I too debated the exact car you are about to get rid of, but the interior was my turn off! How can a luxury car not come or give you an option for a Wood Grain Steering Wheel for the amount of $$$$ you are spending!

Here is my thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...my-ls460l.html

You will not regret this car!!!
Thanks

Your car looks sweet, and ironically I'm getting the same color haha.

Ive always been a black or white car guy, but had an Audi in the silver color and didnt mind it to much. However, I do like the charcoal color but its rare.

I've been going back and forth on this for a few weeks now and just going to pull the trigger. The 7 is due for a major tune up which will be about $1k+ out of my pocket as they seem to always find something that needs fixed.

Btw, if you want to find the worst interior design, check out the Maserati Quattroporte... the buttons and layout looks like something from an 1987 GMC truck
Old 01-05-11, 09:27 PM
bossku69
Driver School Candidate

looking on KBB it goes you the options for Luxury & Touring package. I'm 99% sure the car has self parking, but not sure about the luxury and touring. Anyone know how to tell the difference?
Old 01-05-11, 09:45 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought mine brand new, it's a short wheel base '07 and I love it. I will be selling mine soon to buy a piece of real estate. You definitely have to get the Mark Levinson package. I don't remember how they group all these options, but my car for example have the soft close doors, reclining heated/cooled seats at the back, etc... and I opted out on the self parking thing because I can park the car a lot faster than the computer LOL

I had no problems whatsoever with the car so far and it has 27,xxx miles. The recalls you see here in this forum were all done without a hitch at my dealer.

PM me if you want more details Sorry, don't want to keep writing a sales pitch here but I'd be happy if my car would go to someone that would take care of it as well as I do.

EDIT: never mind, just noticed you're on the other side of the country...
Old 01-05-11, 10:34 PM
kitchamp
Rookie

I believe the major difference between touring and luxury will be the air suspension and 19" 5 spoke wheels. Touring will have both of these, the luxury version has the regular 18" wheels. Air suspension is a stand-alone option for luxury.

I agree with Lux- Mark Levinson is definitely a must if you don't have major stereo overhaul plans. Power package includes power trunk and power door closers. As far as the self-parking, only way that I have been able to tell is putting the car in reverse, and if the 2 buttons show up in the lower left/right corner of the screen, then it has self parking. Other than that, there are 3 rear seat packages for the 460L: the plain jane (only heated rear seats), what I call upgraded (reclining, heated/cool rear seats), upgraded plus (reclining, heated/cool rear seats, radio controls in the rear armrest, sunshades on the rear doors), and the executive (with the rear ottoman and overhead video setup).

I picked up my 07' 460L 6 months ago and love it. With the CPO warranty + separate extended warranty to 125k miles, the expensive bits will be covered for me. This is the 3rd LS I've had, and the only major problem I have had with the other cars is with the air suspension failing after several years. That's why this latest one I specifically sought one without air suspension. The ride is not as smooth, but I can do without the repair bill down the line when it's out of warranty.

It's a great car, good luck and hope to see you around here soon.
Old 01-05-11, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

look at the shift plate and see if there is a "height high" button. if so, it has air suspension. look at the rear seat center console / armrest, see if it has a lot of buttons or just a few. if it's a lot of buttons, it has rear seat upgrades so for sure no touring. if only a few button, maybe it's touring. look at the wheels, if 19s, another hint of touring. otherwise the best way is to look for the sticker to confirm the packages

get the sl2i-up, sweet setup
Old 01-06-11, 05:15 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I honestly love my car. I've had a couple of issues but the dealer has been great at resolving the issues. Nav display went out, blown sub, and the major issue now which was the brakes locking when I slightly pressed the brake. Besides that, I love the car, love the ride. Also love when I hang with my buddies and their 7s and their S550 and people say "that's a lexus?". Not so common here.
Old 01-06-11, 11:03 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have to say that I really love my LS460. It is so nice to drive. The car pampers and insulates you from everything around you. The car is built better than any car I have ever had. Best of all , even more than the car itself, is the service quality. I am blown away every time I leave the Lexus dealership at how well they take care of me and how attention to detail there is in their work
Old 01-06-11, 11:25 AM
vancouverl
Driver

I had a gs400 5 years ago and moved onto MB ,throughout the 5 years I would always lament on how I missed the Lexus quality and attention to small details, that the other manufactures over looked .Visit the MB forum ,of who I was a member .Every complaint on that car appeared on mine like clockwork MB is solid but has issues that keep appearing throughout the life of the car one after another .
I have a ls460l 2007 with technology pkg .the Ml is amazing i am enjoying the reliability and the fact that the warranty is so long. My MB warranty was done in 3 years .Then all hell broke loose
For me this is the best car money can buy .Have owned most of the European cars out there .The Lexus is number 1.
Old 01-06-11, 11:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by vancouverl
I had a gs400 5 years ago and moved onto MB ,throughout the 5 years I would always lament on how I missed the Lexus quality and attention to small details, that the other manufactures over looked .Visit the MB forum ,of who I was a member .Every complaint on that car appeared on mine like clockwork MB is solid but has issues that keep appearing throughout the life of the car one after another .
I have a ls460l 2007 with technology pkg .the Ml is amazing i am enjoying the reliability and the fact that the warranty is so long. My MB warranty was done in 3 years .Then all hell broke loose
For me this is the best car money can buy .Have owned most of the European cars out there .The Lexus is number 1.
to be clear, all new mb, lexus, and bmw all have the same 4yr/50k warranty?
Old 01-06-11, 12:03 PM
vancouverl
Driver

No Lexus has the 6 / 70 powertrain as well

Last edited by vancouverl; 01-06-11 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-06-11, 12:53 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

my 07 LS460 is the best car i have ever had, hands down. I bought mine used with 44K miles this past August. Had all the TSB work I could get out of the dealer..lot of stuff fixed (updated) for free. Very happy..work a good deal and do it
Old 01-06-11, 12:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh powertrain, i see. coz' you said mb done in 3 yrs and i couldn't match that to anything
Old 01-06-11, 02:31 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I would recommend the car. I've had mine new since July, 2007. It has been flawless. At the time I looked at the S550, but like you the value (it was $25,000 more for the exact car except it was a 4 Matic) just wasn't there.

I test drove a new 750Li just before Christmas. It rode nice, but the interior did not appeal to me, but that was strictly a personal judgement.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm considering a '07 LS 460 L... how happy are you with yours?