LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Governor Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 07:57 AM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Governor Eliminator

Hey fellas, I am kinda new to the forum. I just found the governor in my LS, and let me say, I dont like it. 130mph is fast, but not what I expected it to be capped off at. Not that I drive this fast everyday, nor do I plan on it, however it would be nice to know that this subtle beast could push further than that.

So.... Who makes a fix or programmer or some sort of something to fix this.

BTW- at 130 with my 22's the car was stable.
Old 12-16-10, 09:26 AM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Damn! Didn't even know it had a governor! But then again, not too many places to dive that fast around here anyway!
Old 12-16-10, 01:29 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Most U.S. cars are governed around that speed. My Maxima is the same maybe 135. My friends 02 WRX governed at 140, we tested on the autobahn. I'm sure there is something out there to change the governor. Question tho, what did you expect it to be governed at? Driving that fast you would go through a 1/4 tank in about 10 mins, did it in my MAX. I don't see the problem with a luxury vehicle having a 130mph governor. You can't drive it legally anywhere that fast except for a racetrack.
Old 12-16-10, 02:22 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

The problem is not that the car can't exceed 130 mph, but that it doesn't have the proper handling and braking characteristics to exceed 90 mph.
Old 12-16-10, 03:06 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

i say leave the 130 alone, the chances of you going that fast frequently wont be worth the effort of disabling it
Old 12-16-10, 03:50 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Yea CJITTY your probably right. It just would be nice to go above that if need be, however it's probably best to leave it alone.
Old 12-16-10, 03:52 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

I didn't expect it to be at 130mph. I was expecting something like 145-55ish like the S-Class. I cant remember what my G35 was governed at but thats because I never had a chance to hit it, it got reprogrammed right off the bat. And that is the car I replaced with the LS.
Old 12-16-10, 04:25 PM
Al-Taweel
Driver School Candidate

Mine is at 260 km/h which is around 160 miles, I live in Saudi Arabia. The top speed on the meter is 280. I tried driving at that speed a couple of times and boy,,, the car was sitting well on the road!!! That was a little bit shocking.
Old 12-16-10, 04:59 PM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by nolimitguj
Hey fellas, I am kinda new to the forum. I just found the governor in my LS, and let me say, I dont like it. 130mph is fast, but not what I expected it to be capped off at. Not that I drive this fast everyday, nor do I plan on it, however it would be nice to know that this subtle beast could push further than that.

So.... Who makes a fix or programmer or some sort of something to fix this.

BTW- at 130 with my 22's the car was stable.
Good Lord! What are you planning on trying to do...trailer the car out to the Salt Flats? If so, knock yourself out.

If on the other hand, you're planning on driving that fast with others on public highways, you need to find some other activity that you can successfully kill yourself doing, but not endanger the lives of others.

It makes me shudder to think that guys like you actually share the road with my 16 year old daughter who just started driving!

Seriously...you are NOT a professional race car driver. And, if you were, you'd have enough sense to not even ask this question.
Old 12-16-10, 06:32 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stoks
Good Lord! What are you planning on trying to do...trailer the car out to the Salt Flats? If so, knock yourself out.

If on the other hand, you're planning on driving that fast with others on public highways, you need to find some other activity that you can successfully kill yourself doing, but not endanger the lives of others.

It makes me shudder to think that guys like you actually share the road with my 16 year old daughter who just started driving!

Seriously...you are NOT a professional race car driver. And, if you were, you'd have enough sense to not even ask this question.

Touche.....
Old 12-16-10, 07:00 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah man, not even worth it.
Old 12-17-10, 08:45 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

F**** it, get a blower or two added along with some rockets mounted on the side and let's get her up to Ludicris Speed! (inside joke for those of you have have seen SpaceBalls!)
Old 12-20-10, 02:05 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Against the consensus of this board, I went a head and ordered the Walmart Titanium Muffler bearings, lifter springs and quad friction clutch nuts, as well as the electric blow off valve. I hardwired the BOV straight to the battery, always live, so as to maintain the optimum amount of boost at all times. I should be able to tear past 130 in a few seconds and knocking on 210s door real quick now. Thanks Wally World!!
Old 12-20-10, 05:48 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

You wasted your money. In order to do 200+ mph you need to install a plutonium powered flux capacitor.
Old 12-21-10, 03:19 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I wouldnt dare do any of those things to my precious L but I did find out that on my bike, if you run a Fusion Transponder along with matched platinum nitrate muffler bearings, you can get pass that 200MPH mark. Another thing I found to be helpful is to lighten up a bit. Like stated above, I'd never do it to my L but I put magnesium wheels on my bike (that part is true), so I figure if you took the spare, doors, lights, grill, 2-3 lugs from each wheel, the engine cover, that pesky nav system, the 19 speakers, the rug and all of the seats except the drivers seat of course, you'd save a few hundred pounds. I'd have to say that 200 is easy.

Quick Reply: Governor Eliminator