LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"Safe Parts" stickers on brand new LS?

Old 11-18-10, 10:42 AM
SilverBell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Safe Parts" stickers on brand new LS?

I took delivery of a brand new 2010 LS460L a couple of weeks ago. The car is Smoky Granite and the first time I went to wash it, I noticed that there were these white stickers that you could see, in the gap between the hood and the fenders. When I opened the hood, on each fender, was a sticker that said "SAFE PARTS" and it had a phone number 1-800-742-7896. In addition, there was another number: 426735477. Evidently, these tags are to prevent theft and the sale of stolen parts, but these stickers peel off very easily, so what is the point? Does anyone know anything about these stickers or why they would be on my brand new car?
Old 11-18-10, 11:21 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Hmm... I don't see that on my 2009 SWB. I think you can just take them off since I am sure you won't call these numbers no matter what happen to the car.

Yeah I will take it off if it bothers!
Old 11-18-10, 06:26 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a counterfeit car made in Korea for $20k. Did you check and make sure it doesn't say Equus on the rear of the car?
Old 11-18-10, 06:45 PM
SilverBell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by miniz
Sounds like a counterfeit car made in Korea for $20k. Did you check and make sure it doesn't say Equus on the rear of the car?
Funny. I called the dealer and they say that when they do their PDI, they affix these stickers to all of the major body panels. THEN, if the customer BUYS the additional cost "protection" that is offered to them in finance, the numbers are activated and then my parts, supposedly are protected.

I have the same feeling about this that I have about Lojack and other "theft
recovery" systems: If my car is stolen, I never want to see it again. I'll give the insurance company the $1,000.00 deductible and I'll get another new car. Why would I want the return of a car that has been broken into, driven who knows how, abused in every which way, etc.?

Anyway, I peeled off all the stickers that I could easily find and that's the end of the story.
Old 11-18-10, 08:47 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBell
Funny. I called the dealer and they say that when they do their PDI, they affix these stickers to all of the major body panels. THEN, if the customer BUYS the additional cost "protection" that is offered to them in finance, the numbers are activated and then my parts, supposedly are protected.

I have the same feeling about this that I have about Lojack and other "theft
recovery" systems: If my car is stolen, I never want to see it again. I'll give the insurance company the $1,000.00 deductible and I'll get another new car. Why would I want the return of a car that has been broken into, driven who knows how, abused in every which way, etc.?

Anyway, I peeled off all the stickers that I could easily find and that's the end of the story.
I've heard that a car that's been stolen and then recovered is categorized as salvaged. There goes the resale value.