LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best Dealerships for the Valve Spring Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 04:27 PM
june
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yipster222,

Which Lexus dealer did you go to to have VSR done? I would appreciate any positive/negative feedback you may have.

Marty
Old 02-14-11, 07:06 AM
mocon1422
Driver School Candidate

I had mine done at JM Lexus in Margate Florida. They are the #1 Lexus dealer in the country. Hind sight thought, I'd run the car as long as you have no problems and then do it. I think Lexus went overkill on th recall and I had no problems and probably never would have. If you want to be slick, wait until the 90k service is due, then do it as they can replace the timing belt etc while they have the engine apart. Just my opinion though.
Old 02-14-11, 09:55 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mocon1422
If you want to be slick, wait until the 90k service is due, then do it as they can replace the timing belt etc while they have the engine apart.
I don't think the timing belt has to ever be changed.
Old 02-14-11, 10:41 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JFNash
I don't think the timing belt has to ever be changed.
Correct we have chain not a belt.
Old 02-20-11, 02:06 PM
socallex
Driver School Candidate

I had mine done 5k miles ago at Thousand Oaks Lexus with no problems. I had a long list of TSB's done while it was there. Ianth Teeters was my service advisor and didn't question a thing and was extremely helpful. I have worked with others there in the past (that i didn't really care for) but Ianth is by far the best I have worked with.
Old 02-20-11, 02:13 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by socallex
I had mine done 5k miles ago at Thousand Oaks Lexus with no problems. I had a long list of TSB's done while it was there. Ianth Teeters was my service advisor and didn't question a thing and was extremely helpful. I have worked with others there in the past (that i didn't really care for) but Ianth is by far the best I have worked with.
Can I ask if you had any of the wind noise TSB's done there? I'm in Porter Ranch, there are a few dealers closer to me but TO isn't too far of a drive.
Old 02-21-11, 08:13 AM
socallex
Driver School Candidate

Yes I took it in and another adviser seemed to dismiss it. Since I had used Ianth before and didn't want to drive far i decided to to give her a shot. She had them replace all the seals around the doors. I then took it back for a speaker issue and she had found another fix around the front windshield that they did without me having to ask. It's much better than it was, but when the East winds blow they still leak. IMO I think that since the car has such limited road noise that it makes the wind noise more noticeable.

Service advisor's can make or break your experience at a dealership. Since they make money on warranty work I'm curious to why they would dismiss the complaints. I had so many of these TSB's done I began to feel a bit guilty but she never questioned any of them.

Hope this helps
Old 03-28-11, 07:27 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Received 428 Likes on 330 Posts

Well winter is almost over in New England. Probably just one more small snowstorm before opening day. So its time to take the LS out rom its long winter's nap.

I have to have the VSR done and I'm debating between two local dealers, Lexus of Watertown and Herb Chambers Lexus.

Does anyone have VSR experience with either of these dealers that you could share?
Old 03-28-11, 08:47 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by socallex
Since they make money on warranty work I'm curious to why they would dismiss the complaints.
a friend who is a lexus tech told me that lexus has been known to deny frivolous repairs after the fact -- the dealer doesn't want to be holding the cost on any repair so they try to be selective on what is done, just in case the part is examined and lexus corporate decides a replacement wasn't warranted
Old 05-06-11, 05:37 PM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

I just had the VSR done this week. I took it to Heb Chambers Lexus in Norwood, MA. I was very pleased with the service. They were running an oil and filter change special and that cost me just $79 with full synthetic. I also decided to spring for the nav update as they only charge $269.

And thanks to those who posted about getting the full tank of gas with the recall. I brought it in empty and left with a full tank. At today's prices that was worth about $85!
Old 05-06-11, 06:28 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I also decided to spring for the nav update as they only charge $269.
I don't have the most recent update yet. Is it worthwhile?
Old 05-06-11, 06:41 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
eh, i really dislike how they took away the "i agree" button on the warning screen. it fades automatically, but takes its sweet time in doing so.

finding addresses i previously couldn't is nice, though
Old 05-07-11, 09:13 AM
boxcarfan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus of Charleston does really good work. we put a peice of metal over the overflow tube and bolt the metal down to an existing bolt hole. so we never break one when we do the valve springs. and really...its not that crazy to do one, just VERY time consuming! and the lifters take a while to get oil in them at the first start up. even though you prime the lifters like the instrustions say, it still bleeds out by the time you start the car, but after the first start it holds its prime. we dont drop the engine...it can all be done with the eng inside. but Lexus of Charleston as won Elite of Lexus 11 years in a row....just sayin...
Old 05-07-11, 10:10 AM
Nospinzone
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
The main reason I did it was to get rid of the "I agree" screen. Also, this is the first time I had it done since the car was new in 2007. In the Boston area there were a number of road changes now that the "Big Dig" is completed. Plus a lot of businesses have changed.