LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Opinion request about Northtown Lexus in Buffalo

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 01:18 PM
arok
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion request about Northtown Lexus in Buffalo

Hi,

I have imported 2007 LS460L from US to Canada (Toronto) about 6 months ago.
This is my first Lexus, and I really love it as my daily driver.

I would like to get the valve springs recall done, and I will have to take my car to a US Lexus. Just got off the phone with Lexus USA about this. The closest Lexus dealership is Northtown Lexus in Buffalo. Since I have never dealt with them, I would like to ask for comments about this dealer or another recommendation, someplace reasonably close to Toronto.

Thank you very much...

Andrew
Old 10-26-10, 12:04 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Have you try to talk to your local dealership for the recall service?

I don't see the point of making a 2-hrs trip to cover the recall service since the recall is global-wide and your local dealership should be able to claim the payment coverage from Toyota/Lexus anyway...

Wow... it will take you a lot of time to across the borderline (twice) for the recall.
Old 10-26-10, 12:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

actually it will be more like 4 times, unless OP decides to stay in the US for a few days when the recall is being performed

my guess is canadian dealerships, they refuse to work on US spec cars? i mean, to some extend i can understand them not being very happy
Old 10-26-10, 04:56 PM
arok
Driver School Candidate

Actually, when I spoke with Lexus USA corporate, they told me that I will need to bring the car to a US based dealer. I suspect that relationship between Lexus USA and Lexus Canada is not exactly friendly. Couple months ago, I tried to get a Canadian dealer to replace my glove box, and I ended up in a big "he said, she said" discussion between my local Lexus dealer and Lexus USA corporate about getting this repair authorized for payment. After couple weeks and wasting about 2 hours on a phone with Lexus USA corporate, I gave up. Despite the fact that I have still have factory warranty and CPO warranty on the car as well.

Just to add insult to injury, $1,500 discount offer for a new Lexus purchase is useless to me, since Lexus USA will not sell a new Lexus for export out of US. Oh well.... I still love the LS anyway.

Since I will have to leave the car in US for few days anyway, I will ask them to complete couple other items: glove box and "wind noise" TSB's . Meantime, I will take a side trip to someplace warm in US, in order to improve my golf game and stay out of snow for couple days....
Old 10-26-10, 05:28 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

hmm... this is a good info to know Toyota/Lexus can't shake hands between US and CA.

I'm sorry to hear that you will need to make 2x trips, but Niagara area is always pretty to me.

See, I can tell mama I do learn from blogging.