LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 LS460 Need new battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 11:49 AM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmcraney
You must be talking about some sort of anti-theft feature. I am not aware that there is that sort of problem with disconnecting the battery.
Yes, I think he is talking about an anti-theft security code. I used to own an Acura TL 2000. Every time the battery was disconnected/connected the radio wouldn’t work without first inputting the radio code. I managed to run down the battery a couple of times (same little dome light – I finally learned my lesson) and after a boost start the radio code was needed. If anyone steals the radio it will be worthless without the code. It came with the vehicle documentation. This is not at all the same as the XL radio. I haven't heard of any similar code for the LS460.

Last edited by MikeE12345; 09-25-11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-26-11, 05:33 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roundback
any duralast gold 24-DLG users have a suggestion for a guy who needs a change asap? is it still the right choice ?

thanks!
I just changed the OEM Panasonic battery with the Duralast Gold 24-DLG. Easy process, perfect fit, and all settings are preserved. As long as you don't let the battery disconnected for too long, I think there is built in memory reserve in the electronics. It shouldn't take more than half an hour to change the battery from beginning to end. It looks like the TPMS is working the same and does not require a re-initialize.
Old 09-29-11, 10:16 AM
Aychdot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bsl888
I just changed the OEM Panasonic battery with the Duralast Gold 24-DLG. Easy process, perfect fit, and all settings are preserved. As long as you don't let the battery disconnected for too long, I think there is built in memory reserve in the electronics. It shouldn't take more than half an hour to change the battery from beginning to end. It looks like the TPMS is working the same and does not require a re-initialize.

+1.
Old 11-21-11, 06:14 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, my turn - dead battery after 5 years. Got the InterState MT-24 - perfect fit, everything good, no loss of any setups or memory settings. The only thing different was the brightness and contrast of the nav screen that returned to default settings.
Old 11-21-11, 08:17 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

You might also want to check..

-sound settings treb, mid, bass (sat, am/fm, cd, aux)
-volume settings for Nav voice
-speed settings (Nav) residential, main road, hwy
-clock

I had reset all of these when I change mine out.
Old 11-21-11, 08:54 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tee

-clock

When I did mine, not one setting was changed. I changed my battery before it went dead, so the car was without electricity for only the time it took for me to take out the old battery and re-installing the new one. So it probably depends on the time the car is without any charge. If it's within 15-20 minutes then probably all the settings should be saved, at least in my case.
Old 11-22-11, 11:23 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bsl888
When I did mine, not one setting was changed. I changed my battery before it went dead, so the car was without electricity for only the time it took for me to take out the old battery and re-installing the new one. So it probably depends on the time the car is without any charge. If it's within 15-20 minutes then probably all the settings should be saved, at least in my case.
Same here, I didn't lose any of my settings, but my battery wasn't dead. It did fail the load test at the Lexus dealer. I had them install an Interstate battery, but it's labeled Lexus...
Old 11-22-11, 06:21 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee

-clock

My battery died completely, and I took it and went out with my other car to buy the new one. The LS460 stayed without a battery for about an hour. Didn't lose any settings but the ones I mentioned above (contrast and brightness of the screen) - it also reset to default the brightness of the instrument cluster, in both modes, with lights on and off. Another thing that changed and I just noticed today, is that when I open the trunk using the button inside of the car, the trunk lid unlatches, but the lid only goes up when I open the door to get out of the car. Very neat, actually. Before the battery died the setting was to just open the trunk lid all the way up when I pressed the button.

Also, when I turned the engine on for the first time after the new battery was in, the navigation system "booted up" showing a progress bar at the bottom with a hard drive icon next to it.
Old 05-07-12, 08:42 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cmasten
I recently dropped in a DuraLast Gold from AutoZone, its a perfect fit for the LS 460

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...32327_27122_0_
FYI.. Mine just died at 2 years and 2 months... maybe I got a defective one or this car just pulls hard on batteries with all of the electronics... anyhow wanted to put my experience up here
Old 05-08-12, 06:37 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

FYI.. Mine just died at 2 years and 2 months... maybe I got a defective one or this car just pulls hard on batteries with all of the electronics... anyhow wanted to put my experience up here
Turns out to not be dead.... but one of those brackets that holds the engine cover managed to set up a short to the + terminal.. bent that back and gave it a few hours to heal and its back to full power again.. nice!
Old 05-08-12, 08:36 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Turns out to not be dead.... but one of those brackets that holds the engine cover managed to set up a short to the + terminal.. bent that back and gave it a few hours to heal and its back to full power again.. nice!
Good to know, I got the Duralast gold because of all the recommendations. I'm hoping for at least 5 years.
Old 06-10-14, 12:25 PM
cwsouthern
Driver School Candidate

BTW, Johnson Controls also makes the Interstate battery, one of the best. If you stick with what Johnson Controls Mfg., you will be in good hands.

Chester
Old 06-11-14, 06:40 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Did the same last christmas and no issues so far.

I recently dropped in a DuraLast Gold from AutoZone, its a perfect fit for the LS 460

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...32327_27122_0_
Old 03-24-15, 01:26 AM
Sandu

how many Ah must have the battery?

the Toyota microcat says 70Ah, but the battery dealers says 100Ah..
Old 09-13-15, 10:41 AM
Vito
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just replaced an AutoZone battery that was 1 week shy of 4 years old, in my 2007 LS460. Has 80K miles. Latest Consumer Reports suggest Walmart xxMAXX. Got it for $99.00. All vehicle settings remained except radio presets.

One safety correction to previous DIY posts. Always disconnect the negative terminal first when removing the battery and connect it last when installing the new one.

Quick Reply: 2007 LS460 Need new battery