LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lousy HSV Service Manager - False accusation on my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 03:48 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Lousy HSV Service Manager - False accusation on my car!

I took my LS460 in for oil change and wind noise fix last Tuesday.

Lexus of Huntsville took two days to replace the windows with double pane on driver side and passenger side.

I took delivery of the car in the evening at 5:30PM under the veranda. It was dark outside under the veranda when I took car delivery. Therefore, I did not notice an item on the interior on driver curtain was scratched / ripped. The small circle about 1/8 inch rip is now directly in my view when I turn left looking at the A pillar.

Luckily, on Sunday night my driver seat was jammed and had to drop off the car on Monday. Lexus order new seat beat mechanisms to replace it.

I brought up the small circle rip to tell the SA to bring it up to Service Manager that it was not there in the first time.

The service manager had the audacity to tell me it's a "cigarette burn mark" and they will not replace it.

I came back to say that I don't smoke either and it was a non-smoker car when I bought it. Could there be a chance that the tech might have scratch it when replacing the windows?

He flat out said "No".

I took my lump - got out of there to fight another day.

Looking for some advice from the board - What would you do?

I will take a picture of it within the next few days to show you all.

Does anyone here know the phone number or contact for Southern Zone?

That 800 toll free number is useless for me in placing complaints since the last complaint filed few months ago regarding bad salesmanship and no one returned my call.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...untsville.html
Old 08-18-10, 04:26 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I would ask to speak to the general manager of the dealership.
Old 08-18-10, 04:48 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First mistake was picking the car up at night. Don't ever do it. Your first objective is to fully inspect the car for damage and point it out before you leave the dealership property. Demand they fix it on the spot.

At this point, you need to talk to the GM of the dealership. If it is owned by a large corp or even just one person, threaten to escalate it up to the owner. Chances are the GM will take care of this without question, just to get you off their back. If all else fails, have a lawyer write a certified letter to the owner demanding this gets fixed by this date at this time or else you will sue them. That normally scares most people into making a move, so you don't have to go to court.
Old 08-19-10, 06:19 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same response before at a dealership. I wrote a certified letter to the president of Lexus North America in California. I explained how I thought I was ripped off and wondered where is the wonderful customer satisfaction. He called me the day after it was delivered in CA. He told me whatever it takes just fix it. Then the GM of the dealership called me later. Whatever it takes to fix it.

Moral of the story **** If you want something done --go to the top dog.

jarm
Old 08-20-10, 12:34 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Try calling Lexus corporate and opening a case with them. That's only if the dealership is not willing to do anything for you.
Old 08-21-10, 09:42 AM
460l
Driver School Candidate

I have the same experience at Lexus of Roseville. I upgraded to chrome wheels and notice later that there is a scratch on the edge of the rim and small bumps on the other three rims. I took my case to Roseville Lexus Service Manager and Assistant GM and demanded all replace. They refused to do so. I threaten to take this case to small court and they welcomed the challenge. I escalated to Corp Lexus and the guy was flimpsy. After I call him back severals time for status and left messages he finally call me back and tell me that there is nothing he can't do about it. I refused to do any future business with Lexus of Roseville.