LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

[PICS] My Latest Car Upgrades 5 [ P.Caliper & Front Bumper Centre Opening Closed ]

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 02:56 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default [PICS] My Latest Car Upgrades 5 [ P.Caliper & Front Bumper Centre Opening Closed ]

Upgrades:

Painted Caliper red ( WALD LOGO )
Closed Centre Opening in front bumper
Changed Exhaust tips , they look new now
Previous Upgrades:
Full Wald Body Kit( Head to toe )
LS 600 Front Hue Emblem
Rear Emblem Crystal Swavoriski
Michilen PS2
Angel eyes(removed)
Shift ****
Throttle Control
Navi/Avi Unit

Hit F11 On your Keybord FOr Full screen View

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-24-10, 03:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Clean man
Old 06-24-10, 03:00 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A GFM LS.....yummy.
Old 06-24-10, 03:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
A GFM LS.....yummy.
i don't think that color is available on ls460

it's starfire pearl i believe
Old 06-24-10, 06:10 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Car looks great, you should be proud!
Old 06-24-10, 07:12 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car, except for the painted fake WALD calipers, looks great. These calipers are not WALD and should never have a WALD log on them. Keep in mind... you own a Lexus LS460... this is not a Honda Civic and you are not a "ricer"
Old 06-24-10, 07:27 PM
Hawaii60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you missing a lug nut?
Old 06-24-10, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dimapb
Your car, except for the painted fake WALD calipers, looks great. These calipers are not WALD and should never have a WALD log on them. Keep in mind... you own a Lexus LS460... this is not a Honda Civic and you are not a "ricer"
pretty much what i have been saying since day 1. also the wald sticker on the dash above the clock, i am not sure about that one either

Originally Posted by Hawaii60
lol good eye. i noticed that too
Old 06-25-10, 04:07 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

I respect your opinion but the choice is mines i aint that stupid to spend 4k or 5k on brakes painting will do it if it gets scratched ( i doubt ) i will repaint and still be cheaper.
To answer your first part of the question. So what if i had a WALD on them ? Is there a checkpoint every 3k where public will start asking questions ( Are they WALD ? are they not ) ? mmm well the kit is wald but i was out of money for the brakes lOOOOl

The 2nd part of your question is interesting now Civic is the only car with painted caliper ? how about porsche all brands BMW's?
How about this LS 460 ( post your magic wordings there also )
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls46...installed.html

With all my respect i dont care what you think coz im very happy to see people take pics of my car and ask me if the car is for sale or not

I think this tells me if i my car looks or not i dont need someone thousands of miles that will judge on my car on what to do and what not to do

looooooooooool

Originally Posted by Hawaii60
yes i am the lug nut was broken i ordered 20 new lug nuts from WALD as spare parts. It was broken due to the stupidness of the guy who tights the lug nuts directly with the air machine, they should be tightened manually first.

Originally Posted by rominl
pretty much what i have been saying since day 1. also the wald sticker on the dash above the clock, i am not sure about that one either
My reply to id:rominl is as follows:

as long as done right, painting can go a long way. my calipers were painted for good 6 yrs and still like new, no chipping no peeling

but painting and put on wald stickers on brakes that are not by wald? not my cup of tea
lOOOOOOOOOOl

well but i did say two things too

1) i won't do anything else but black or silver. red/blue/yellow/orange, etc... on stock calipers? nop, not my cup of tea
2) i won't do wald stickers. another big poser move imho (not to offend anyone). if you get wald brakes, sure. if you get brembo brakes with brembo stickers, sure. if you get ls460 sport brakes and put brembo stickers, sure (because those are brembo brakes). stock brakes with wald stickers, no, never, coz' those brakes aren't by wald. to me it's just about the same as putting mercedes stickers.

the technique in painting caliper, that's last of my concern. not hard at all
Now your guiding me as if it is your car , do i really care whats ure cup of tea ? Choice is mine.
I dont care what you think
People living in different areas have different thinkings
Different strokes for different folks
If you dont like my thread my car pics my calipers just dont post anything please lol

Originally Posted by Seven07
Black or silver= don't paint them at all.
Red = everybody does it
Blue = you're cool. (I painted them this color on my white BMW 750)
If you want to see pics let me know. Also, check out G2 caliper paint system. That's what I used. Lifetime warranty on chips, scratches and it's super easy to paint compared to spray paint. The paint is shiny and you ca hose off any brake dust or grease.

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-25-10, 05:31 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UAE... What matters here is that you are happy with your choices/decisions. You post pictures here on this forum asking for opinions and suggestions all the time. I simply stated my opinion.
Old 06-25-10, 09:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by uae
I respect your opinion but the choice is mines i aint that stupid to spend 4k or 5k on brakes painting will do it if it gets scratched ( i doubt ) i will repaint and still be cheaper.
To answer your first part of the question. So what if i had a WALD on them ? Is there a checkpoint every 3k where public will start asking questions ( Are they WALD ? are they not ) ? mmm well the kit is wald but i was out of money for the brakes lOOOOl

The 2nd part of your question is interesting now Civic is the only car with painted caliper ? how about porsche all brands BMW's?
How about this LS 460 ( post your magic wordings there also )
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...installed.html

With all my respect i dont care what you think coz im very happy to see people take pics of my car and ask me if the car is for sale or not

I think this tells me if i my car looks or not i dont need someone thousands of miles that will judge on my car on what to do and what not to do

looooooooooool

yes i am the lug nut was broken i ordered 20 new lug nuts from WALD as spare parts. It was broken due to the stupidness of the guy who tights the lug nuts directly with the air machine, they should be tightened manually first.

My reply to id:rominl is as follows:

lOOOOOOOOOOl

Now your guiding me as if it is your car , do i really care whats ure cup of tea ? Choice is mine.
I dont care what you think
People living in different areas have different thinkings
Different strokes for different folks
If you dont like my thread my car pics my calipers just dont post anything please lol
see, i think that's your problem. no doubt it's your car, it's your money, your time. of course it's your choice.

however, in case you haven't noticed this is a public forum too, you post here and it's subject to all kind of comments, positive AND negative. plus in the original thread, you ASKED for opinions from people about the color, didn't you?

i am all for different strokes for different folks, that's exactly why YOU should choose what to listen and what not. but all it seems is you feel bitter about people not liking what you have done to your car. i really don't mind you neglecting my posts, but why would i stop saying anything just coz' that hurts your feeling? see, i hardly ever ask people what i should do to my cars, coz' they are mine and i make my choice. i post pictures of my cars ready for comments from both sides, i welcome them. if i don't want to hear anything negatives, i should choose not to post, since i am well aware that this is a public forum.

what's funny is if you don't like my comments so much, why all the pms in the past to ask for my opinions and picked my brain on your setup? are you contradicting yourself or just because i say something negative about your car

but when there is a thread, i go in and read and say anything i want.

Last edited by rominl; 06-25-10 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-25-10, 09:06 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

UAE... What matters here is that you are happy with your choices/decisions. You post pictures here on this forum asking for opinions and suggestions all the time. I simply stated my opinion.
FYI this thread was not started for opinions i just posted pictures without asking for suggestions/opinions. Asking for choices/decision threads may be found in other threads i started not this one.

+

It always posts replies in all my threads if it doesnt like my threads then dont post.
Old 06-25-10, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by uae
FYI this thread was not started for opinions i just posted pictures without asking for suggestions/opinions. Asking for choices/decision threads may be found in other threads i started not this one.

+

It always posts replies in all my threads if it doesnt like my threads then dont post.
i am sorry but i suggest you go back and study the idea of forum posting and threads. you post something, that's subject to replies/comments/suggestions from people. if you don't want any, then don't post. that's just the nature of how forums are.

and there is also no power in you to control who posts in your thread or not.

i am not against you or your car or your threads. if you check back in my previous postings, i have nothing against you. when i see something good, i reply. when i see something bad, i comment. period.
Old 06-25-10, 09:15 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

see, i think that's your problem. no doubt it's your car, it's your money, your time. of course it's your choice.

however, in case you haven't noticed this is a public forum too, you post here and it's subject to all kind of comments, positive AND negative. plus in the original thread, you ASKED for opinions from people about the color, didn't you?

i am all for different strokes for different folks, that's exactly what YOU should choose what to listen and what not. but all it seems is you feel bitter about people not liking what you have done to your car. i really don't mind you neglecting my posts, but why would i stop saying anything just coz' that hurts your feeling? see, i hardly ever ask people what i should do to my cars, coz' they are mine and i make my choice.

but when there is a thread, i go in and read and say anything i want.

As you said all posts are welcomed in their correct place in the original discussion thread.
All of a sudden im feeling bitter from someone who lives miles away from where i live ! Your not making sesnse at all, All what i desire i do and that what matters + dont stop commenting and i wont stop replying i dont mind.
lOl, i aint talking about people commenting on my threads, its just u and the way you comment,maybe feeling jelous coz u didnt have the fenders on your wald thats when u started posting negatively j/k.True i dont care what u type but i also have to comment and specifiicaly on your comments.

Hurt my feelings ?? lOOOl all of a sudden mr henry is so sensitive & thinks my feelings get hurt because i dropped a few lines for him?

think what u think as i said all what matters is im happy LOL
Old 06-25-10, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no problem, your comments are well taken and i am sure it's read well by everyone. but my previous post still stands that if you post something, then people can comment. sorry but that's the hard facts. i am not being sensitive at all (why would i, it's not my car, not my thread), but i think it's important to make it clear about the policy of the forum

Quick Reply: [PICS] My Latest Car Upgrades 5 [ P.Caliper & Front Bumper Centre Opening Closed ]