LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Leaving the fold ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-10, 12:49 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that's sweet mike, i am glad things worked out smoothly for you

show us some pics!
You mean you won't ban me for posting pix of other brands?

Thanks again, Rom.

Old 05-07-10, 12:51 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I'm not a regular here in the LS460 but good luck to you

I would like to hear some more comparison on the M56 when you have more seat-time.

I love the interior, but the rear end hasn't grown on me yet
Thanks, man. I'll post some comments after I get more time with it. First impressions are very good, though!

Old 05-07-10, 12:57 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just my opinion and no offense but that thing is hideous compared to the LS. The LS is one of the best looking cars out there right now, hands down.

Good luck with it an hope you enjoy it!
Old 05-07-10, 01:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lol thanks mike, now i have the right reason to ban you j/k

thanks for posting pics, i can't wait to hear your comparison between the two cars after you get familiar with it!
Old 05-07-10, 01:53 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TWong1200
Just my opinion and no offense but that thing is hideous compared to the LS. The LS is one of the best looking cars out there right now, hands down.

Good luck with it an hope you enjoy it!
Hey, no offense taken, and your opinion is valid. I like the LS, too ... I was awestruck when I saw my first one, and had to have one. But I'm personally getting a little tired of it after 3 years, and want something more athletic-looking.

The M is a different kind of car, and not everyone will like it. Like the man said, that's why they make both vanilla and tutti-fruity.

Old 05-07-10, 09:51 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, thanks for all your great posts here at CL, sucks you have to leave the Lexus family but good luck enjoy your car!
Old 05-08-10, 12:23 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

He'll be back... In three years anyway...

By the way, I love that analog clock. The Nav is quite busy though, and the trunk doesn't look too big. Great pics overall, and I see you remained in the Sewell family. Love those Michelins!

420 horses? Low fives... Whoa baby! LS600 territory!

Last edited by Johnny; 05-08-10 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-08-10, 07:57 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Burnaby
He'll be back... In three years anyway...

By the way, I love that analog clock. The Nav is quite busy though, and the trunk doesn't look to big. Great pics overall, and I see you remained in the Sewell family. Love those Michelins!

420 horses? Low fives... Whoa baby! LS600 territory!
Thanks, TNL. I appreciate it.

The nav is indeed busy as compared to the rather spartan view the Lexus system provides. I'm accustomed to that, though, from my days with Acura and Infiniti systems, and I like the extra detail and info it provides. It's a matter of preference and what you're used to.

The trunk is smaller than the LS (most cars are! ). It's 15 cu. ft., which is more than adequate for most uses.

But, Burnaby ... "low fives" ??? Get outta here. Car and Driver got to 60 in 4.6 sec!

Old 05-08-10, 08:45 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

4.6? Woohoo, nice! Nissan doesn't mess around; I expect to see quite a few of these around, stomping on the Hemi pretenders. I think it will take a bite out of the RL market, which has always been in the doldrums anyway. Honda has always been short of a V8, perhaps this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back...
Old 05-08-10, 09:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Acura RL sales have dwindled to around 150 cars per month, so there aren't many sales to be captured from them.

I would think a lot of new M sales will come from similar models of Lexus, BMW, MB, Audi etc.
Old 05-08-10, 10:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol thanks mike, now i have the right reason to ban you j/k
BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

Not safe for Club Lexus

Why is it an east coast thing where the dealer slaps their emblem on the rear?
Old 05-08-10, 12:56 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

Not safe for Club Lexus

Why is it an east coast thing where the dealer slaps their emblem on the rear?
Well, I'm actually on the south coast (well, North Texas, anyway), and it's pretty common for dealers to put their emblems on cars unless you ask them not to. I forgot to ask.

Thing is, it's on the license plate frames they install, too, so it's kind of redundant.

As I mentioned, I'm sure I could remove it pretty easily, but it's not that obvious to me. And it balances the M56 emblem on the other side.

Meh - I don't know ... I may take it off.

Old 05-08-10, 01:16 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Take some dental floss under the stupid emblem and it will come right off. I always tell the dealers not to put that crap on my cars...

Good luck with your new car and enjoy!
Old 05-08-10, 01:25 PM
stever500
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Take some dental floss under the stupid emblem and it will come right off. I always tell the dealers not to put that crap on my cars...

Good luck with your new car and enjoy!
Yes, you MUST lose that emblem AND the license plate frame! No free advertising for them, this month . I'd get a pretty Infinity frame for it instead.

Great looking car, but I must say, the LS 460 is equally great looking too. Does the Infinity lock you out from your Nav while driving?
Old 05-08-10, 02:14 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stever500
Yes, you MUST lose that emblem AND the license plate frame! No free advertising for them, this month . I'd get a pretty Infinity frame for it instead.

Great looking car, but I must say, the LS 460 is equally great looking too. Does the Infinity lock you out from your Nav while driving?
The Infiniti nav locks certain features while moving, but one of the ones I consider most important is there ... it's the "nearby POI's" screen. I can dial up nearby restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc., while moving and the screen will display tons of them. You can scroll through the list while moving and pick one. Then you can set it as your destination, see it on the map, call the place, or whatever.

The screens for inputting addresses, etc., manually is greyed out while moving, but the voice recognition system works very well. I've set several destinations by voice and it's been flawless so far.

For the LS, I had to buy and install the Prestigious Society override unit to get access to a list of nearby POI's! With the Infiniti, I won't have to worry about it.

Oh, and I agree the LS460 is a great-looking car.

Quick Reply: Leaving the fold ...