LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Average man drive a LS 460 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 09:42 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Average man drive a LS 460 ?

So I would consider myself the average Joe,not rich not poor...I told someone close to me today that I am looking for a LS 460L...and he goes why?

I said because for what you paid for your brand new Acura MDX)(full load)I can pick up a slightly used LS 460L.

He said are you an a executive?I said no,..I responded "I am just smart".

Whats your thoughts....do alot of you average people get alot of this?
Old 04-05-10, 10:39 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think any of us are average( I did grow up poor/lower middle class). I think were WISE! Lexus is a WISE mans car. Also, never explain to anyone why you want what you can afford. The AVERAGE MIND(person close to you) ,thinks as he/she does,its about intelligence more than it is class(poor,middle class,upper class,rich,wealthy)! If a man/woman who makes a modest salary saves and is financially responsible, he or she can buy what there finances dictate they can. Most AVERAGE MINDS think a LS460 used cost more than it does.

This stems from environment and lack of knowledge. I was one who 15 years ago would have never imagined I'd own a Benz(i did) or a Lexus(I do). Fellow member, your no average man, as YOU stated your just smart! Do you!! Forget what others think because if you can afford it fellow member the rest are just haters! There are alot of Mr./Mrs. Me To's(people who say they have or had what you just got or have yourself but, only after you state you have/had it first) out there and if they cant me to you, they just hate! Buy the LS460 if its what you want fellow member and an early welcome from me as well. WELCOME LEXUS OWNER!!!! I IGNORE those who question why I buy what I can afford, follow the blueprint buddy, DO YOU!!! L.G.N.M
Old 04-05-10, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

a lot of people ask me why i have owned all the cars i have had so far. honestly, i don't see a reason to explain myself, i just simply say coz' i like them.
Old 04-05-10, 11:01 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm an average joe, and I honestly want an LS460 myself..
Old 04-05-10, 11:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe the LS 460 L has a CEO image but anyone can appreciate it IMO.
Old 04-06-10, 06:48 AM
98LS
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a lot of people don't realize is that when you purchase a used luxury car that is only a couple of years old, it is an incredible value for the money. The previous owner/lessor took the depreciation hit, while you end up with a heck of a nice car for the money. So yes, a lot of "average joes" who are smart with their money are able to drive a gently used luxury car.

One thing I always tell people interested in a luxury car is that they need to budget for maintenance and/or repairs. Cars go down in value but repair costs don't. Fortunately with Lexus, repairs are usually few and far between. Plus, most owners of higher-end brands take care of their cars.
Old 04-06-10, 11:25 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm certainly not average. I'm fabulously wealthy, incredibly handsome (stunning, actually), and I wrestle grizzly bear to maintain my god-like physique. I pilot my own personal customized 767, I've climbed Everest twice (once, blindfolded) and I've sailed my yacht around the world three times, alone. I've walked in space, gone down inside live volcanoes, and waded the length of the Amazon River, all just for the heck of it.

Average? Hell no.

Old 04-06-10, 12:14 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .....

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm certainly not average. I'm fabulously wealthy, incredibly handsome (stunning, actually), and I wrestle grizzly bear to maintain my god-like physique. I pilot my own personal customized 767, I've climbed Everest twice (once, blindfolded) and I've sailed my yacht around the world three times, alone. I've walked in space, gone down inside live volcanoes, and waded the length of the Amazon River, all just for the heck of it.

Average? Hell no.

.......hhahahahahahaha! I like that post!!! L.G.N.M
Old 04-06-10, 12:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX

Average? Hell no.

lol this one is great!
Old 04-06-10, 02:23 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha damn all you got on me is climbing everest twice
Old 04-06-10, 02:47 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people are just so set in their ways (normally the older generation), that they would never consider a used car of any type. Because it used, they won't buy it. My father still lives by the motto that you are buying another persons problems with a used car. I tell him he is free to waste his money buying brand new. These type of people will go buy that brand spakin' new ES350, when they could have afforded a slightly used LS460........ but because a new LS was out their budget they wouldn't ever consider the car.
Old 04-06-10, 02:47 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Average? Hell no.

Yea, right, you don't even have an L. Talk about your average plain vanilla!

Whats your thoughts....do alot of you average people get alot of this?

Seriously though Manny, no I don't. The folks who talk to me about my car consider it a smart decision. Some are envious in that it may not be something they can reasonably afford right now, but their attitude is they would get one when they can.
Old 04-06-10, 02:53 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hey Mike, I forgot to add, you know who you remind me of is that Dos Equis ad about the most interesting man in the world. That's you!
Old 04-06-10, 03:13 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome reply everyone,

So check this out...I walked into a Lexus Dealership this morning,jeans,runners,ball cap,a zip up jacket...anyways...I was the only person in the dealership...It was about 1045am...everyone was either standing around,having a smoke,or pouring a cup of coffee...I stood around for 10 minutes no one came to my aid..not one customer in the showroom...I walked out without even one person acknowledging I was there.

I cant wait till I get my car...I am gonna go to that dealer to get a oil change...the look on there face priceless...on a side note the dealership had a 2010 white AWD LS SWB priced at 96K....and a 2010 LWB Black for 124K

Sorry to go off topic even though its my thread.
Old 04-06-10, 03:16 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They should do better! Since last year at the height of the recession, just walking into SoCal Lexus dealerships, in any attire, even T-shirt etc, I would get approached within 2-3 minutes...those salesmen were hungry with the empty showrooms...

Yes but it is sweet to come back with the expensive car and the casual look, and watch their faces.

It's human nature though to stereotype socioeconomic status. I am reminded of the scene in Pretty Woman where Julia Roberts' casual look gets little respect from Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive shopowners, and she comes back and makes big purchases, haha!

Quick Reply: Average man drive a LS 460 ?