LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460l w/ executive package Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-20, 12:00 PM
AlblineLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460l w/ executive package Purchase

been looking at LS430s as a side ride to purchase due to knowing how reliable they are for the most part, been thinking lately why not a 460? I had a 07 gs350 10 years ago and I know for the most part they ended up not being known for the same. ive heard differently about the v8s. I found a 1 owner ls460l w/ executive package. Serviced through the dealer. waiting on all the paperwork. 129k miles. asking 14k. What should I be looking to see to save me to many headaches? ive read the brake actuators. ML amp. I jus started researching on here and no lie this is the beginning of being in this thread. ive been in the GS and LS430 ones. Any help and advice would be appreciated as far as value and issues to look for and hell tell me I shouldn't buy an 07 I would love to hear your thoughts

regards,

hopeful 460 owner
Old 06-09-20, 12:12 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Hi. Is the car an 07? In any event, if that's your price range, then, for checking on the car head over to Lexus Owners Site and type in the vin. Any work Lexus has done will be listed under service. You can check the control arms, brake actuator, has the interior been replaced, shocks, etc. From there it's really a test and drive. Or if you're real serious, you can spend some money and either have a Lexus dealer do a full check of the car or find an independent. If you have more cash to spend, consider getting a 2011-2012 if you want to stay in that genre. Those years have the kinks worked out for the most part and offer bluetooth audio which is really worth it. Good luck!!
The following 2 users liked this post by R Z:
NoGo3 (06-09-20), scutch (06-10-20)
Old 06-10-20, 12:23 PM
AlblineLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by R Z
Hi. Is the car an 07? In any event, if that's your price range, then, for checking on the car head over to Lexus Owners Site and type in the vin. Any work Lexus has done will be listed under service. You can check the control arms, brake actuator, has the interior been replaced, shocks, etc. From there it's really a test and drive. Or if you're real serious, you can spend some money and either have a Lexus dealer do a full check of the car or find an independent. If you have more cash to spend, consider getting a 2011-2012 if you want to stay in that genre. Those years have the kinks worked out for the most part and offer bluetooth audio which is really worth it. Good luck!!
ya its an 07, singe owner, 18 pages of records, trying to keep my price down as much as possible as its a third car and jus a side ride. I was looking to send 8k for a quality ls430 but willing to go up a bit for a 460. For a 460L executive I get it'll be a little higher, but also don't wanna pay too much

Last edited by AlblineLex; 06-10-20 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-10-20, 12:31 PM
AlblineLex
Driver School Candidate

updated info: Mark Levinson amp replaced by dealer, brake actuator hasn't had issues yet, control arms haven't been an issue yet either. ill be getting the 18 pages later tonight to look at
Old 06-10-20, 03:54 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by AlblineLex
updated info: Mark Levinson amp replaced by dealer, brake actuator hasn't had issues yet, control arms haven't been an issue yet either. ill be getting the 18 pages later tonight to look at
im pretty convinced the brake actuator thing is just noise not real failure.... didn’t they extend the warranty? Google for that and see if you can get it changed, what about the 3 recalls ? Valve springs and fuel lines etc and something else I don’t remember , upgrades leather means you will likely not suffer melting panels
Old 06-10-20, 05:21 PM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

Although prices may well be higher in Hawaii, the value of the described vehicle in most of the continental U.S. would be lower than 14K, more like 11 or 12 given the mileage. While desired by some, the executive class seating package doesn't really add much to the price. There are a myriad of controls associated with that rear console, so it would be worthwhile to check them all for functionality.

Old 06-10-20, 08:06 PM
scutch
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Hi was curious about your post for when I get my next Lexus. What kinks are worked out in the 2011-2012 models? If the list isn't too long.
Thanks
Old 06-10-20, 09:50 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Given the mileage id try to get it down to $12k or so , but the executive package does add some value forsure, how much depends on the buyer, they are extremely rare and quite cool to have, I had one for a year I enjoyed it thoroughly

the main issues are control arms, which can be repaired for quite cheap if you go aftermarket

Air suspension is another one, id try to avoid it personally given the cars age , although both my 07 and 08 had air and never had an issue so far

brake actuator is mentioned a lot, but I don't actually hear of or see the failures happening often.
The following users liked this post:
scutch (06-10-20)
Old 06-11-20, 03:35 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

if the car was serviced properly with records then you have minimized a lot of the risks of having challenges.
due to the age of the vehicle, the expensive repairs already done in the service records would make my decision.

I noticed your in Hawaii, don't know how the roads are, but any time I buy a high mileage car I would only choose to purchase in an area with good roads and garbage kept car..

Once last thing to possibly do right before purchase swing by an auto body shop have them put a paint meter on the panels make sure car wasn't painted or hit...
a lot of buyers think there getting a great deal, buy a car and find out its worth 2-4 k less due to paint work... seems like you have a fair price and may not be an issue just wanted to throw it out there..

Other thing to ponder, selectivity is key in getting one at this mileage so you can drive without issues for another 100,000 miles. I noticed its an L which is more rare but the prices have come down on good examples of 2010+ for not much more and you may be able to find something with less miles and the updated version if your patient....

good luck with your purchase , have fun
Old 06-11-20, 12:42 PM
AlblineLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TriC
Although prices may well be higher in Hawaii, the value of the described vehicle in most of the continental U.S. would be lower than 14K, more like 11 or 12 given the mileage. While desired by some, the executive class seating package doesn't really add much to the price. There are a myriad of controls associated with that rear console, so it would be worthwhile to check them all for functionality.
sorry I not in Hawaii anymore so that's good to know
Old 06-11-20, 03:55 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by scutch
Hi was curious about your post for when I get my next Lexus. What kinks are worked out in the 2011-2012 models? If the list isn't too long.
Thanks
They supposedly fixed the control arm issue mainly. I believe the interior is a better quality than the 07-09. The advancements were bluetooth audio which is only bluetooth phone in the 07-09. New on the exterior is a revised grille, bumper, and headlamps, while rear styling is enhanced with revised tail lamps, license plate surround and exhaust diffusers. New side mirrors feature integrated turn signals, and the standard 18-inch wheels have a new 10-spoke design.
The following users liked this post:
scutch (06-11-20)