LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Good time to buy 07' LS460 or wait after 09'?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-09, 02:53 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good time to buy 07' LS460 or wait after 09'?

Hi guys,

I am thinking about getting for my wife a 07' LS460, but not sure if i should wait until January for price to come down........ if so how much do you think the price will drop? I saw a couple of LS460 with NAV, ML, low 30K mileages, and CPO for low $40K...............is this a good buy? I am thinking of offering $39k, but i am afraid they might show me the door.

UPDATE: find a 07' LS460 with NAV, ML, 37K mileages, and Lexus CPO asking $46K. Assuming it is a clean car...........do you guys think i can get away with $40K-$41k? Second car: 07' LS460 with NAV, ML, 65K mileages, and Lexus CPO asking $42,600. Same thing assuming the car is clean................should i offer $38k?

Thanks in advance,
nick

Last edited by Nick2JZ; 10-25-09 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-25-09, 09:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

it's hard to say what price is a good price, but given that the 2010 facelift is coming, and then there will be a lot of lease return coming soon, i think the price of 07 will have quite some drop coming
Old 10-25-09, 12:05 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking about 2007 prices .. just found a 2007 LS460L 33K with Executive Rear Seating Pkg for $53,999. What a deal but the downside is that it is a wind buyback and according to Lexus.com cannot be Lexus Certified. Don't think it can get a third party extended warranty either. So after initial warranty expires I would think that is it. With all the gadgets on something like that I would want an extended warranty.
Old 10-25-09, 04:17 PM
AceVA
Driver

That seems like a great price. I bought an 08 460, 15k miles, CPO, loaded (ML, Nav, Comfort, intuitive parking, etc.) for around $56k with TTL. I found much better deals elsewhere and realize it's most definitely not the best price around, but it was the color I liked (truffle mica) - had the options and a very good maintenance history.

In regards to the 07 - be sure to check the dates, ensure it has the laminated glass updates, no excessive wind noise, etc.

As for the buyback -- be careful. That may seem like a great deal initially, but remember that if you get rid of vehicles every 1.5-2years like I do, you're going to have that shadow of doubt cast upon you with the next buyer -- was it really JUST wind noise? etc. I'd have to get a lot better deal than that to take a buyback. Just my .02.
Old 10-25-09, 10:31 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WAIT,till 2010 sir!! That would be most WISE!!! L.G.N.M
Old 10-25-09, 11:53 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Thanks guys for your comments. I think so too that delaying the purchase til 10' is a good idea, but i needs to control my temptation of wanting it now.

Usermel, can you please go into details why i should wait til 10' ? BTW, what is L.G.N.M.?

thanks,
Old 10-26-09, 12:34 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Reason why? Wisdom!

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
Thanks guys for your comments. I think so too that delaying the purchase til 10' is a good idea, but i needs to control my temptation of wanting it now.

Usermel, can you please go into details why i should wait til 10' ? BTW, what is L.G.N.M.?

thanks,
Wisdom: having or showing experience,knowledge, and good judgement. Responding sensibly or shrewdly to a particular situation.

I put the definition of Wisdom in this response so you can see what I meant by "that would be most wise" dear sir!! Without question next year the prices wil be lower as the calendar year will have changed and newer 2010 LS's will have been on car lots for a while as well. You may save a couple or more thousand dollars as well.

We are in delicate times(financial) in this country and though we are doing well financially(I assume if we buy Lexus') our purchases shouldn't be taken for granted. Buying a car is a business transaction and we don't tend to see it that way but it is. Be patient. You'll feel better next year when you do so.

Things should never make decisions for the living, the car will be there next year sir. Be patient and a great deal will await you next year. Patience always pays off! I buy all my cars that way myself and alot of my other purchases! Saving $ leads to more being available for things we NEED! We want the luxuries we buy but, don't need them so when I buy any luxuries(also needs) I look for deals. Were fortunate to be able to drive luxury cars!!! Wait on the deal in 2010 buddy it will be worth it. Love.GOD.Not.Money
Old 10-26-09, 02:08 PM
jimmyford1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars are a depreciating asset and the 07 LS460 will sell for less in January than it will today. It will sell for even less next June! No two pre-owned cars are alike. If you find one that has what you're looking for in terms of mileage, color and equipment go for it. If you're not paying cash, Lexus is currently offering reduced interest rates on CPO's.
Old 10-26-09, 08:45 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Good points!

Originally Posted by jimmyford1
Cars are a depreciating asset and the 07 LS460 will sell for less in January than it will today. It will sell for even less next June! No two pre-owned cars are alike. If you find one that has what you're looking for in terms of mileage, color and equipment go for it. If you're not paying cash, Lexus is currently offering reduced interest rates on CPO's.
Good points sir!! L.G.N.M
Old 10-27-09, 12:14 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by usermel
Wisdom: having or showing experience,knowledge, and good judgement. Responding sensibly or shrewdly to a particular situation.

I put the definition of Wisdom in this response so you can see what I meant by "that would be most wise" dear sir!! Without question next year the prices wil be lower as the calendar year will have changed and newer 2010 LS's will have been on car lots for a while as well. You may save a couple or more thousand dollars as well.

We are in delicate times(financial) in this country and though we are doing well financially(I assume if we buy Lexus') our purchases shouldn't be taken for granted. Buying a car is a business transaction and we don't tend to see it that way but it is. Be patient. You'll feel better next year when you do so.

Things should never make decisions for the living, the car will be there next year sir. Be patient and a great deal will await you next year. Patience always pays off! I buy all my cars that way myself and alot of my other purchases! Saving $ leads to more being available for things we NEED! We want the luxuries we buy but, don't need them so when I buy any luxuries(also needs) I look for deals. Were fortunate to be able to drive luxury cars!!! Wait on the deal in 2010 buddy it will be worth it. Love.GOD.Not.Money
Thanks usermel! You've reminded me of my old t-shirt that have a phrase "good things come to those who wait". Maybe i will pick up a 08' model in January instead of 07' and don't have to worry about wind noise. L.G.N.M.
Old 10-27-09, 12:20 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AceVA

In regards to the 07 - be sure to check the dates, ensure it has the laminated glass updates, no excessive wind noise, etc.
Thanks for reminding me on that................... i will probably looking at 08' come January.
Old 10-27-09, 12:22 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jimmyford1
thanks Jimmy. I plan on paying cash, but i will check out Lexus CPO rates.
Old 10-27-09, 12:32 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile All the Best!!!!

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
Thanks usermel! You've reminded me of my old t-shirt that have a phrase "good things come to those who wait". Maybe i will pick up a 08' model in January instead of 07' and don't have to worry about wind noise. L.G.N.M.
All The best and I know you will get what you want at a price you will feel great about!!! Next year the price will drop a bit more on the 2008. All the best dear sir!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 10-27-09 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 11-04-09, 08:50 PM
LXTASY
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to get a 2007, but I am very concerned about paying a lot of money to possibly get a wind noise problem. This is probably the single worst problem I can ever remember. Makes the folding side mirror problem that I had on my 2001 LS430 seem so small. Love Lexus, just in total shock over this wind noise issue and the Corporate reaction. Since reading the monster 50 page thread on this issue I look at LS460's in a whole new way. We'll see.........been without a Lexus for 15 months and I am starting to get a itch, a bad itch.
Old 11-04-09, 10:22 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

I understand your concerns LXTASY. Maybe you should hold of on the LS460 until you find one that has the windnoise issue fixed or, get another Lexus, maybe the GS 350/460 or just hold of on a new Lexus until the wind noise error is totally fixed. I think if you get an LS460 with the wind noise it will annoy you to much and destroy what should be a pleasent experience. That said, I would try to see if you can find one that has the issue of the wind noise repaired. All the best finding the LS460 without the wind noise issue!!!! L.G.N.M

Quick Reply: Good time to buy 07' LS460 or wait after 09'?