LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Contacts will not transfer from my iPhone to the phone book

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-17, 12:12 PM
TeamG34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacts will not transfer from my iPhone to the phone book

I recently bought a 2009 LS 460. I can connect the phone to make and receive phone calls but I can't transfer my contacts to the phone book. I've read on different post that the 07 - 09 models use different Bluetooth capability than the iPhone uses. And that the 2010 and up models are in fact compatible with iPhones. Does anyone have a solution for this problem. I've even looked into buying 2010 touchscreen nav unit off of eBay to resolve the problem, but the 2010 screen is not compatible with the 09 car for some reason. Can anyone out there help. I mean it's not a life or death issue but it would be nice to look at the scene to see who's calling instead of having to pick up and look at my phone.
Old 09-21-17, 02:07 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamG34
I recently bought a 2009 LS 460. I can connect the phone to make and receive phone calls but I can't transfer my contacts to the phone book. I've read on different post that the 07 - 09 models use different Bluetooth capability than the iPhone uses. And that the 2010 and up models are in fact compatible with iPhones. Does anyone have a solution for this problem. I've even looked into buying 2010 touchscreen nav unit off of eBay to resolve the problem, but the 2010 screen is not compatible with the 09 car for some reason. Can anyone out there help. I mean it's not a life or death issue but it would be nice to look at the scene to see who's calling instead of having to pick up and look at my phone.
if you've set up your phone, can you delete it and re-add it? Does a transfer contacts or similar option appear? The 2010 added streaming Bluetooth audio, but I don't think it would affect transferring contacts. Just a guess.
Old 09-21-17, 08:13 PM
TeamG34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried that. When I attempt to transfer contacts to phone book my iPhone 6s+ disconnects from the Bluetooth. I've read that the car uses some older Bluetooth called obex, while the iPhone uses ad2p. I was wondering does anyone have a solution for this. Like I said, it's not life or death. Just kinda annoying
Old 09-21-17, 09:18 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

In case you don't have the 2009 owner's manual handy:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM50B42U.pdf

Search for phone book. You can also look at page 437.

Depending on the version of the iPhone, it looks like you're not the only person with this problem on the 2007-2009 Ls460:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...007-ls460.html
Old 09-21-17, 09:22 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

I've tried that. When I attempt to transfer contacts to phone book my iPhone 6s+ disconnects from the Bluetooth. I've read that the car uses some older Bluetooth called obex, while the iPhone uses ad2p. I was wondering does anyone have a solution for this. Like I said, it's not life or death. Just kinda annoying
The only possible solution I've read about is exporting your address book to an Android phone and using that to transfer your contacts. Not a great solution, as you'd either have to maintain the car's phone book manually or repeat the procedure.
Old 09-24-17, 08:25 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

The pre-2010 Toyota infotainment systems won't request the address book from the iPhone. The 2009 and older units rely on OBEX push, which pushes the contacts from the phone into the system. (AD2P is the stereo streaming protocol).

Apple does not allow this; although some jailbroken iphones can do this. Both my Parrot units request the phonebook on startup from the iPHone; and then when they turn off the phonebook is discarded. On the 2010+ cars you can request an address book sync from the car and then the contacts will appear; I don't know if they persist when the phone is disconnected.

I used to maintain an old blackberry that was synced up with the address book on my Mac but with the latest OS the desktop software won't work anymore. You can also try exporting the contacts to a phonebook.vcf file and then sending that file over bluetooth to the car; either with a phone or a computer but I haven't gotten all the contacts to come in reliably.

More often than not i'm dialing with Siri anyway but it would be nice to see who's calling without having to find the phone. Maybe Apple will update this in a future OS update.