LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DIY / Info thread for LS460/LS460L/LS600hL

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-12, 06:43 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
NOTE: All HID bulbs should be replaced in pairs to ensure equal bulb life and even light ouput.

You have to remove the wheels and then the fender lining to replace the bulbs. This is how the service manual shows replacing the bulbs, use a flat head to remove the liner tabs. You can do it, might take you 20 mins ea. or less. But you can turn the wheel pull the liner back and reach in to replace them if you have done this before as well.

Yeah Tee I did this and it was a piece of cake. Great info.
The following users liked this post:
RazorBack1 (05-28-18)
Old 01-04-13, 08:24 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by philipjdm
i know this is the sticky thread, i was wondering have anyone done a the fog light mod, like the 2nd gen GS?
Yes..Search for the fog light mod thread posted by Shibumi. You can also do the mod by wiring a seperate circuit using an aftermarket 9006 hid kit..only downside is loss of factory switch. .but shibumi1 method retains oem switch function but you can still run fogs with no other lights on
Old 04-27-13, 10:19 AM
OLL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys, any tip to deactivate the seat belt buzzer? Same as the 3GS?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-13, 10:12 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Here is my semi DIY on Full Android Integration into my LS600hL

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ic-system.html
Old 06-13-13, 11:33 PM
tommyLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DIY Bumper Plugs for Front License Plate Pre-Drilled Holes

I wanted to share this simple DIY fix...but not sure where to put it so I'm putting it here and the moderator can move it wherever it should belong...

anyway..I was searching around and there were ideas where one would order some bumper plugs online and then have to drill the holes bigger and whatnot...DON'T DO THAT!...I would not feel comfortable drilling or making anything permanent to my car...plus you never know when you might need to put back your license plate...

I have a 2007 LS460 and unfortunately there were 4 pre-drilled holes. 2 of which are 5/16" size and the other 2 are 4/16" (or 1/4"). I went to Pepboys and got me some universal black plastic retainers (Dorman, Part 454900BP, pack of 5) for around $3 and a touch-up paint (Dupli-Color, Color Code 1F7 Classic Silver Mica) for around $8. My car's color code is 1F2, which is Mercury Metallic but Dupli-Color doesn't carry that color so I went with 1F7 which matches pretty good. I applied 4 coats of paint to the top of the plastic retainers, I allowed about 15-30 minutes to dry in between each coat and then they're ready to be popped into the bumper holes. These plastic retainers work great because they fit all 4 of my bumper holes, which were slightly different in size. And that's it, you're done. You'll have to get used to seeing these 4 caps but now your car is much better looking than having a license plate. I'm very satisfied with this new look. You don't need to take it to the shop and have them fill and paint your bumper for over $300. This is quick and cheap for under $12! =). Hope this helps those that are looking to do this fix.

I shouldn't put this disclaimer because we're smart enough to know what we're doing...but here it is:
Be sure to check with your state law to see if it is legal or not. Perform and apply this DIY at your own risk.

Last edited by tommyLS460; 06-14-13 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-26-14, 05:25 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Want LKA w/steering assist on pre-2010 LS 600 w/ advanced PSC ??

Lane Keep Assist With Lane Departure Warning

Photoshow of part You have to buy

.... You have to have the stereo cameras on the top of the windscreen above the rear view mirror and face recognition LED's on the steering stem to use this !!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ing-wheel.html

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 03-26-14 at 05:40 AM. Reason: put in new links
Old 06-23-14, 10:53 PM
Tom11x
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My trunk dome light fuse blown. Wondering does anyone know exactly which fuse. Already check the trunk fuses and passenger side.
Old 06-24-14, 07:16 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom11x
My trunk dome light fuse blown. Wondering does anyone know exactly which fuse. Already check the trunk fuses and passenger side.
Check this thread, you may have the same issue..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ed-swap-3.html
Old 06-06-15, 11:36 AM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I replaced my headlamps today. Putting the front on jack stands and removing the tires was the way to go. Here are some pictures I have yet to see on this thread.

On my 2007, once the fender liner is pulled back you see the cover over the bulb. A short twist CCW and it comes off.

Connector to back of lamp. Note wire clips at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Release these and the connector pulls straight back.

Looking through the compartment with the lamp removed. Clips are now at bottom. Insert new lamp with care matching the lamp to the notch at the top of the opening.
The following users liked this post:
yyymmm31 (11-04-17)
Old 08-29-15, 09:36 AM
cerbum
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is replacing the Brake sensor and front pads materially different on the LS460 than LS400, documented here?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...fix-ucf20.html

About to order new front brake pads, rotors and brake sensor. Since I need to replace the rotors, it's going to be a little different.

Comments?

Last edited by cerbum; 09-13-15 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-31-15, 05:05 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mdpresco
I replaced my headlamps today. Putting the front on jack stands and removing the tires was the way to go. Here are some pictures I have yet to see on this thread.

On my 2007, once the fender liner is pulled back you see the cover over the bulb. A short twist CCW and it comes off.

Connector to back of lamp. Note wire clips at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Release these and the connector pulls straight back.

Looking through the compartment with the lamp removed. Clips are now at bottom. Insert new lamp with care matching the lamp to the notch at the top of the opening.
Me again...
So as I had said a bit ago, my passenger side low beam went out.
It would randomly come back on, then noticed that, at random, my drivers side would go out and the passenger side would work.
Between all of the things I had going on before I left, I didn't have time to change out my bulbs, but as of a few days prior to me leaving home, both sides were working.
While on my trip, when it got dark, both sides worked.
We we stopped to get something to eat. Came out to resume driving, and only the driving side worked. I cycled them off then turned them back on, then neither worked.
Luckily for me, I had LED park lights and fogs.
I didn't get pulled over either...Again, lucky me.
Just a bit ago, I tried to replace both sides with new bulbs, (the brand is a whole other story), but they were 5500K bulbs.
I broke the charging rod on one putting it in: bummer.
So that left me with one.
Out of curiosity, I put the regular bulb back in, and it worked...
I went to install the new bulb on the passenger side..nothing!
I'm clueless here!
I called Lexus and a tech said though its highly not likely, the plug that the bulb goes into may be defective.
Also, the bulb might be bad out of the box.
I have to try the working OEM bulb on the passenger side and see what happens as well as try the new bulb on the drivers side tomorrow...
I'm wondering if the ballast is bad on the passenger side...
Any ideas??
Old 12-31-15, 06:42 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

We'd obviously be guessing, but a bad ballast is possible. The only way to know is to try a bulb from the other side of the vehicle to see if it's a defective bulb and go from there.
Old 01-01-16, 06:48 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
We'd obviously be guessing, but a bad ballast is possible. The only way to know is to try a bulb from the other side of the vehicle to see if it's a defective bulb and go from there.
Yeah...I'm about to try that now...
If I find it still dosent work, I found a dealer near me that is open today.
Bad thing is, is that I feel like I'm almost at the mercy of the dealership in the event I need it replaced, because I have to hit the road on Sunday...smh
Old 01-01-16, 08:55 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Yeah...I'm about to try that now...
If I find it still dosent work, I found a dealer near me that is open today.
Bad thing is, is that I feel like I'm almost at the mercy of the dealership in the event I need it replaced, because I have to hit the road on Sunday...smh
God that sucks. I had some issues with my bulbs last year...or at least one of them. When it was really cold out one of them would go out, then I'd turn them off and on, and it would be ok for a while. Then it'd go out again. For me it was the bulb. I guess the bulbs actually wear out, not just burn out, but gradually wear out and you get symptoms like that.

Yours could be the ballast resistors, but it absolutely sucks you have to take that car to the dealer. You have patience that I wish I had.
Old 01-01-16, 10:20 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

When I replaced my bulbs nearly two years ago, I had one that would exhibit similar symptoms to yours. I ordered a set of Morimoto bulbs from these guys: https://theretrofitsource.com

I haven't had an issue since.

Quick Reply: DIY / Info thread for LS460/LS460L/LS600hL