LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hybrid Logo on Base LS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 08:38 AM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid Logo on Base LS?

The pic below belongs to one of the members on this forum (I hope he doesnt mind if I borrowed it )

I think the hybrid logo looks very very nice on a white car and I am thinking about putting it on my white ls. Anyone do this? The only problem I have is the Hybrid logo costs $392 and thats the cheapest I found (Stevenson lexus)!

Only alternative would be to paint underneath the chromoe logo. I would paint it black. I dont think it would look as nice as the hybrid logo though.

Old 10-05-09, 10:07 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I would just buy it and put it on the car if you like it that much

But I wonder if some members here will not approve of it, isn't this like putting an AMG logo on a non-AMG Benz, or a ///M logo on a 323i ?
Old 10-05-09, 10:13 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow...what kind exhaust setup is that???
Old 10-05-09, 10:26 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bigger

Bigger is better !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hybrid Logo on Base LS?-ls600.jpg  
Old 10-05-09, 10:27 AM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

But I wonder if some members here will not approve of it, isn't this like putting an AMG logo on a non-AMG Benz, or a ///M logo on a 323i ?
Nah, I dont think its the same thing. AMG signifies performance. This is just a logo. And perhaps a few Hybrid owners may not like it or perhaps they wont even care what others do to their car but it is a very very nice emblem especially on a white car.

BTW, I was at a local lexus dealerhip the other day and the accessories/body guy was wlling to do it. But when i heard the cost of the emblem itself I was like

Last edited by Mark_Nimda; 10-05-09 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-05-09, 09:16 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Pricing aside, if you think it's worth it then by all means.

Design-wise though, it might look out-of-step with the front logo...

You might also consider the upgraded LS460 with the glossy black background.
Old 10-06-09, 12:15 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well the 07 RX 400h came with the rear logo with the hybrid 'glow' while the front remained the silver chrome logo...
Old 10-06-09, 06:11 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

Way too much time on your hands.
Old 10-06-09, 06:21 AM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Pricing aside, if you think it's worth it then by all means.

Design-wise though, it might look out-of-step with the front logo...

You might also consider the upgraded LS460 with the glossy black background.
any pics of the glossy black backround?

BTW, I was wondering why this "hybrid" rear emblem was so expensive there is something in the emblem that has to do with the P crash systems in the hybrid. So apparently its not just a "pretty" emblem. Lexus service is willing to do it for me but I am now thinking about it. I havent seen any distinct aftermarket emblems which may resemble it
Old 10-06-09, 01:04 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_Nimda
any pics of the glossy black background?

BTW, I was wondering why this "hybrid" rear emblem was so expensive there is something in the emblem that has to do with the P crash systems in the hybrid. So apparently its not just a "pretty" emblem. Lexus service is willing to do it for me but I am now thinking about it. I haven't seen any distinct aftermarket emblems which may resemble it
The radar anti-collision system is located in the front behind the grille, and it is not only available on the 600, but also the high-end 460s as well. The reason it is so expensive is probably multi-fold; The emblem is a low production, low sale volume part that is not ordered that often. Add to that the high margins that are built in MSRP prices, and the price skyrockets from there.

Correction: The trunk lid mounted glossy badge is only used on the 600. A front mounted grille glossy badge is featured on the 600 and the Touring Edition 460s. However, I was looking at some low res pics of the 2010 edition, and it appears they may have added one on the high end 460 trunk lid as well.

Last edited by Johnny; 10-06-09 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 01:27 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

ya i wouldnt do it because what Gojirra said is pretty much right
Old 10-06-09, 03:22 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark_Nimda
any pics of the glossy black backround?

BTW, I was wondering why this "hybrid" rear emblem was so expensive there is something in the emblem that has to do with the P crash systems in the hybrid. So apparently its not just a "pretty" emblem. Lexus service is willing to do it for me but I am now thinking about it. I havent seen any distinct aftermarket emblems which may resemble it
Indeed, you might want to check where the rear emblem is coming from. In some markets (Europe, Japan) the LS rear pre-crash system does use sensors in the rear emblem.

Perhaps you could consider an RX 400h or GS 450h rear emblem which is simply an emblem with no electronics?

Last edited by encore888; 10-06-09 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 09:07 PM
Mark_Nimda
Rookie

Originally Posted by encore888
Indeed, you might want to check where the rear emblem is coming from. In some markets (Europe, Japan) the LS rear pre-crash system does use sensors in the rear emblem.

Perhaps you could consider an RX 400h or GS 450h rear emblem which is simply an emblem with no electronics?
Good idea if thats possible

when I initialy asked the parts guy for the emblem, he asked which model. i said "Does it matter, they are all the same arent they?" He aid no, he would have to know the model of the car. Could it be that the RX 400h emblem has diffrent dimensions than the 600h? Or is it as, you sat, an electronics thing on some cars.

I have the part number but I dont know if the part # is only for the LS 600h. i need to check into this. I think the next time I am in the local show room I will take a measuring stick with me and see for myself on the measurements
Old 10-06-09, 09:32 PM
LexFather

The blue badges are to designate the vehicle is a Lexus hybrid. If its not a hybrid, I wouldn't put the badge on it.
Old 10-07-09, 05:48 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Sure the hybrid badge is expensive, but with the improved mpg you'll experience, it will more than pay for itself within a year.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Logo on Base LS?