LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Equivalent LS460 to a 06 LS430UL?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 08:48 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equivalent LS460 to a 06 LS430UL? Exec pkg is now dead

Hey guys, I wandered over from the LS430 Forum because I am finding it really difficult determinig if there is a creditable LS460 equivalent to the LS430UL? As a 2006 LS430 UL owner I have often wondered what options or option packages I would need to get with a LS460 in order to enjoy most if not all of the "goodies" listed below that I now enjoy. If its not too much trouble I would be grateful if some of you mre knowledgeable owners could kindly advise? Especially former LS430UL owners. By the way the Exec Pkg is now dead. Not being built. Tks.

2006 LS430 Ultra Luxury Selection
- Mark Levinson® [6] 11-speaker 240-watt [7] Premium Audio System
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [10] with backup camera [11] and Bluetooth® [12] wireless technology
- Dynamic Laser Cruise Control [8]
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- Laminated side glass
- Manual rear-door window sunshades
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Front and rear climate-comfort seats with heat/cool ****
- Headlamp washers
- Power door closers
- SmartAccess
- Rear-Seat Luxury Group:
Power slide seat adjuster with power headrest, with memory and massager
Air conditioner controls with Air Purifier
Cool box
Audio controls
Swivel-type reading lamps

Last edited by BlackUltra; 05-12-09 at 12:34 PM. Reason: New info since posting
Old 05-12-09, 11:41 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the LS 460 forums.

For the 4LS, the LS 460 L took the place of the LS 430 UL as the topmost vehicle in the LS lineup, so there are features which are not available in the LS 460 SWB (air suspension, massaging seats, power rear side shades, rear seat cool box). However, most features can be had with the LS 460 Comfort + Comfort Plus packaging, as going by your list:

- ML 19-speaker system, GPS navi with backup camera are separate options
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with PCS is a standalone option
- Laminated side glass (should be on the front two windows)

LS 460 Comfort Plus:
Wood- and leather-trimmed heated steering wheel
Climate-comfort front and rear seats with heat/cool ****
Power rear seats with power headrests and memory
Power rear sunshade
Power door closers
Power rear trunk open/close
Intuitive Parking Assist
Headlamp washers
Rear-seat side airbags

There should be rear-seat audio controls in the armrest as well. The packaging and standalone options may come together depending on the regional allocation.
Old 05-12-09, 12:21 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Greatly appreciate. I just came from my dealer Nalley Lexus Galleria and they told me that the Executive back seat option is no longer being made. Wonder why?
Old 05-15-09, 07:35 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Maybe for that particular region. But I thought all Executive Package cars were special order only?
Old 05-16-09, 07:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Not necessarily, some dealers do order them just to have them in the showroom to show people.

When I ordered my Exec.Package(December '07), there are actually two LS460L Exec.Package coming in that month available for me, but I factory ordered mine anyway because they are not the color combo that I want, and I had to wait 4 more months for delivery.
Old 05-16-09, 09:07 AM
astrotoy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also got my Exec walking into the dealership (September '07) I didn't know that they were normally special order, and I walked in wanting a silver color (Mercury Metallic) exec to replace my old, old silver LS400. It turned out they had just received a silver Exec the day before. Didn't know how rare that was. Anyway, I bought it 4 days later.

In comparing to the top of the line 430UL, the exec also has the ottoman in the right rear passenger seat, so your 5'6" or shorter passenger (like my wife) can put her feet up and stretch out while you chauffer her. However, it only has four seats. No middle rear seat. Also the trunk is smaller because of the various mechanisms in the back seats.
Old 05-16-09, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah, dealerships a lot of time order theirs on their own and put them on the showroom. of course they wouldn't do a lot of them, specially in current's economy
Old 05-22-09, 05:03 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Just went to an Atlanta dealership to try and drive a 2007 LS460 L and it was in the shop for fuel rail replacement and therefore unable to be demo driven. Going back tomorrow to drive both the L and a regular version to see the ride/handling differences. Anything I need to be aware of or look for?

The salesman (Hennesy Lexus) told me that Exec pkg was a special order and nobody was ordering it because it took so long to get it. No one wants to wait so its not selling. I guess that's what the Nalley Lexus sales guy meant when he said it wasn't being offered any more. He also said the regular version came in 3 trim levels toppping out at $71K. That's what I thought the L version started at. Also I thought that the hard drive was able to record the radio so that you could replay things like TIVO. Not so says the salesman.
Old 05-22-09, 05:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no, the hdd records audio cd, not radio
Old 05-27-09, 12:16 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

BlackUltra,

Like I said in detail in the other thread, a LS460L with the Luxury Package and
Rear-Seat Upgrade Package is identical to a LS430 UL as far as amenities/goodies goes.

One of the few things cooler on the 460 is the rear door's side shade is power instead of manually operated. That's the only thing I wish my 430 UL has.
Old 05-27-09, 02:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BNR34
BlackUltra,

Like I said in detail in the other thread, a LS460L with the Luxury Package and
Rear-Seat Upgrade Package is identical to a LS430 UL as far as amenities/goodies goes.

One of the few things cooler on the 460 is the rear door's side shade is power instead of manually operated. That's the only thing I wish my 430 UL has.
yeah the power rear side shades are awesome, come with the rear seat upgrades
Old 05-27-09, 03:18 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah the power rear side shades are awesome, come with the rear seat upgrades
I have one question that I am sure you have the answer of, for the rear door's power shades, I know there are separate buttons to control them in the rear arm rest, but there is only one button for it on the front center console. Does it mean from the front, you can only rise and lower the 2 side shades at the same time, you can't control them individually?
Old 05-27-09, 03:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i am just playing from memory but i believe you are right. from the front you control both sides the same time
Old 05-27-09, 04:27 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i am just playing from memory but i believe you are right. from the front you control both sides the same time
That's what I was guessing from playing with it, I am guessing Lexus just don't want to put too many buttons on the console.
Old 09-26-12, 08:09 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The only way to get the side shades is to have that Exec Seating package with the big clunky middle console? Also, is there Semi-Aniline leather and Laminated glass on lesser models.... with side shades?

Quick Reply: Equivalent LS460 to a 06 LS430UL?