LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Windshield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 11:53 AM
StylinGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Replacement

Does anyone know how much does it cost to get the LS460's windshield replace? I took my car out for a joyride and a little gravel hit my windshield and cost a foot long crack. Is it better to have Lexus replace it or a third parties to do it? Any insight is appreciated.
Old 04-05-09, 02:08 PM
AlMuhairi
Driver

try to see if your insurance company will pay for the damage (if you have comprehensive coverage). If not, depending on where you are, there are services to fix the windshield without the need to replace it and it might cost you less than replacing it.

If you decide to replace it, I would prefer to replace it at the dealership since its a new car. Its going to cost you, but you'll be safe and confident that the dealership is doing the replacement. Hope that helps.
Old 04-05-09, 03:04 PM
icmoney
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StylinGS300
Does anyone know how much does it cost to get the LS460's windshield replace? I took my car out for a joyride and a little gravel hit my windshield and cost a foot long crack. Is it better to have Lexus replace it or a third parties to do it? Any insight is appreciated.
I had the same situation about a month ago. Had a 18" crack at eye level across the passenger side of windshield. There are no OEM windshields available outside of Lexus for the LS460 at this time. My insurance company tried to send me to a local glass shop, but I woulld not agree to do that. I do not know about Cal., but here you can not be forced to downgrade your vehicle with inferior glass.

State Farm squirmed around, but they agreed to pay for Lexus factory replaced at a cost of $1477. I had to pay my 200.00 deductible.

Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by icmoney:
Caflashbob (10-21-20), texas008 (08-16-22)
Old 04-05-09, 03:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if you are talking about the factory one, that's going to be about 1500 iirc. and when i checked about 4 months after i got my car, at that time they didn't have any aftermarket option yet coz' of the rain sensor and what not
Old 04-05-09, 07:47 PM
jsmuve7
Driver School Candidate

We had a rock hit about 2 months ago. The dealer recommended a 3rd party to us to get the windshield replaced. (the company that they outsource glass replacements to). The total cost was right at $1500.(we are in Charlotte NC by the way) Since the company was familiar with doing Lexus glass replacements, they managed the paperwork so that we only had to pay our deductible to Nationwide..Even though they were trying to say that they would pay a maximum of $1100. And as mentioned in previous posts...there is no 3rd party windshield for the LS460. The cost of the windshield itself was about $1000.00
Old 03-11-14, 02:49 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icmoney
I had the same situation about a month ago. Had a 18" crack at eye level across the passenger side of windshield. There are no OEM windshields available outside of Lexus for the LS460 at this time. My insurance company tried to send me to a local glass shop, but I woulld not agree to do that. I do not know about Cal., but here you can not be forced to downgrade your vehicle with inferior glass.

State Farm squirmed around, but they agreed to pay for Lexus factory replaced at a cost of $1477. I had to pay my 200.00 deductible.

Good luck.
$200 seems much better than the $1477 number.

has anyone got the windshield replaced recent months? Able to find a 3rd party replacement?

I have farmers insurance, they said most cases the deductible is $100, but I am sure that won't be the number if I claim the insurance. Thinking to claim the insurance to get a new windshield because it has too many small chips to tint.
Old 03-11-14, 05:39 PM
mariuszr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StylinGS300
I' ve replace my windshield about 2 years ago for aftermarket. Windshield looks the same as original and so far there is no any issue. It cost me about $ 590 installed. It was done by safelite in New Jersey. Installation time about 2 hours. I didn't use insurance. $ 590 total price.

Last edited by mariuszr; 03-12-14 at 02:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
texas008 (08-16-22)
Old 03-11-14, 06:29 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Originally Posted by mariuszr
I' ve replace my windshield about 2 years ago for aftermarket. Windshield looks the same as original and so far there is no any issue. It cost me about $ 590 installed. It was done by safelite in New Jersey. Installation time about 2 hours.
$590 with insurance? Rain sensor also works?
Old 03-11-14, 06:40 PM
korlexus
Driver

which insurance company do you have?
I've heard some insurance companies cover windshield.
If you are cool with your insurance agent, you might want to contact him and find out some info.
Old 03-11-14, 08:52 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I called around to see about replacing my windshield today. I spoke with Lexus and Toyota. Both said that they do not replace windshields and that Lexus does not supply replacements. All windshields are aftermarket. Fortunately, my insurance deductible is only 200 dollars which also covers a replacement car rental. I spoke with Speedy Autoglass (largest windshield replacement company in Western Canada), and they assured me that aftermarket replacements are equal to OEM. Guess we'll soon see.....
Old 03-12-14, 11:14 AM
RodT
Pole Position

hey guys you do know that the thread was started back in 09, i hope that by now he would have replaced the windshield,lol
Old 03-12-14, 12:08 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Originally Posted by RodT
hey guys you do know that the thread was started back in 09, i hope that by now he would have replaced the windshield,lol
I bring it back alive to check the current price and sources
currently shopping for new insurance and also thinking about replacing the windshield through the claim. So I have to compare the OEM and 3rd parties.
Old 03-12-14, 02:21 PM
mariuszr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
$590 with insurance? Rain sensor also works?
$ 590 is total price for windshield+installation. Rain sensor works with no issue ! I did not use insurance at that time, because my deductible was $ 500 . However $ 590 was cheap . I was suspicious about quality of windshield, but fortunately everythging went just fine.
Old 03-13-14, 12:04 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I had all kinds of problems with an aftermarket winshield for my BMW with rain sensor. The problem is the lense which is attached to the winshield. The windshield did not have the lense (which the sensor is attached to) pre-attached. They tried to re-attach the lense with the double sided tape supplied but it was impossible to get a smooth, bubble-free seal. As the 460 does not come without the rain sensor, they should all have the lense pre-attached. Make sure this is the case.
Old 03-13-14, 12:08 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mariuszr
$ 590 is total price for windshield+installation. Rain sensor works with no issue ! I did not use insurance at that time, because my deductible was $ 500 . However $ 590 was cheap . I was suspicious about quality of windshield, but fortunately everythging went just fine.
What brand is the windshield?
Safelite glass or another brand installed by Safelite.

Quick Reply: Windshield Replacement