Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LS 600 headlights over LS 460 headlights

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-08, 03:48 AM   #16
Johnny
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 2,719
Default

Actually it's five per side, three high forward projector LEDs, and two low wide spread LEDs.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 05:51 AM   #17
uae
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates, DUBAI
Posts: 938
Default

May someone in the US ask their dealer or so what precisely needs to be done to obtain a 100% conversion of headlights for an LS 460 into an LS 600 + how much will it cost ?
__________________
RED CL 63 AMG Whte&Blck Int. stiched in red + Glitter Glossy protection Foil

[PICS]Upgrade 5 [Red WALD Brakes & Front Bumper Opening Closed]
[PICS]Upgrade 4 [EMBLEM]
[PICS]Upgrade 3[Without Angels Eye]


uae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 06:18 AM   #18
uae
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates, DUBAI
Posts: 938
Default

I got another price :

15,000.00 AED

=

4,083.92 USD



For Both.

This price is just for the headlights.

Henry mentioned that the wiring differs so i think its useless like that.
__________________
RED CL 63 AMG Whte&Blck Int. stiched in red + Glitter Glossy protection Foil

[PICS]Upgrade 5 [Red WALD Brakes & Front Bumper Opening Closed]
[PICS]Upgrade 4 [EMBLEM]
[PICS]Upgrade 3[Without Angels Eye]


uae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 10:05 AM   #19
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,150
Default

none of teh US dealerships can tell you what needs to be done, coz' it's not part of dealership information, they can't do any of the conversaion

as i said, you need harness from japan
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 10:12 AM   #20
GSteg
Rookie
Trader Score: (14)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 15,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post

cool factor, the led wins by a mile
brightness, the hid wins
ding ding ding!!

LED < HID when it comes to light output. The LS600h' LED system is brighter than halogen, but dimmer than HID. Not to mention, the color it puts out is no even ideal. Give it a more yellow/white tint and you'll see better at night. If you care about having one of the only few LED headlights around, then switch over. If you care more about output, then go with HID.

The only real advantage I see with LED over HID is that you can flicker the lights on and off and it wouldnt' care.


EDIT: Owned

Last edited by GSteg; 11-26-08 at 03:06 PM..
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 01:52 PM   #21
Helmar
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Helmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Maine
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uae View Post
Where could i get the LS 600 Headlights ?
UAE, Just out of curiosity, why do you want to switch over to LED headlights?

HBH
__________________
2008 LS600hL - Mercury Metallic on Light Grey
Helmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 02:01 PM   #22
whlkev
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
ding ding ding!!

LED > HID when it comes to light output. The LS600h' LED system is brighter than halogen, but dimmer than HID. Not to mention, the color it puts out is no even ideal. Give it a more yellow/white tint and you'll see better at night. If you care about having one of the only few LED headlights around, then switch over. If you care more about output, then go with HID.

The only real advantage I see with LED over HID is that you can flicker the lights on and off and it wouldnt' care.
ugh.. don't you mean LED < HID
__________________

2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS - White/Black Alcantara
2013 Lexus CT200h - Nebula Gray/Black, F Sport/PREM/NAV/IDS
2008 Lexus LS460L - Smoky/Black, RSP/LUX/AIR/ML/PCS
2008 Lexus GS460 - Starfire/Black, NAV/ML/ACC/IDS (sold )
whlkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 02:50 PM   #23
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,150
Default

hehe yeah, henry seems like you got the </> wrong
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 02:54 PM   #24
GSteg
Rookie
Trader Score: (14)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 15,041
Default

shoot. what was I thinking
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 03:18 PM   #25
talwang
Moderator
Trader Score: (4)
 
talwang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NASA
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uae View Post
I got another price :

15,000.00 AED

=

4,083.92 USD



For Both.

This price is just for the headlights.

Henry mentioned that the wiring differs so i think its useless like that.
If you have connection, you can get good used ones from Japan for around $1000 to $2000.

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v75533236

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k105488530

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n69389630

Click the image to open in full size.



I just checked Yahoo Japan, the whole LS600H conversion kit has been released. It says the headlight for LS600h can be installed in your LS460.


http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f65519794

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
_____________________________________________

<a href=http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/keikomd/sig0607.gif target=_blank>http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...md/sig0607.gif</a>

CL link to my SC430 Flickr Link
_____________________________________________
__________________
talwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 04:19 PM   #26
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,150
Default

yup it's been released since last yr i wonder if someone can get just the harness
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 08:32 PM   #27
Johnny
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 2,719
Default

The stalk is in a very confined space, so this is the best I could do, and as you can see it is the same as the 460; Auto/Headlight On/Parking Lights/Off.

Click the image to open in full size.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 01:06 AM   #28
uae
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates, DUBAI
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talwang View Post
If you have connection, you can get good used ones from Japan for around $1000 to $2000.

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v75533236

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k105488530

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n69389630

Click the image to open in full size.



I just checked Yahoo Japan, the whole LS600H conversion kit has been released. It says the headlight for LS600h can be installed in your LS460.


http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f65519794

Click the image to open in full size.


Thanx man.

I visited the links but i couldnt understand a thing the website is in japanese.

The prices are excellent.

90,000.00 JPY

=

945.968 USD




But im still not sure if this is the price of two headlights or just one.


Do i get any wiring with the headlights as well ?
__________________
RED CL 63 AMG Whte&Blck Int. stiched in red + Glitter Glossy protection Foil

[PICS]Upgrade 5 [Red WALD Brakes & Front Bumper Opening Closed]
[PICS]Upgrade 4 [EMBLEM]
[PICS]Upgrade 3[Without Angels Eye]


uae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 01:09 AM   #29
uae
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates, DUBAI
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnaby View Post
The stalk is in a very confined space, so this is the best I could do, and as you can see it is the same as the 460; Auto/Headlight On/Parking Lights/Off.

Click the image to open in full size.


Thanx for the picture man. Post some pictures from the front if you have some time bro.
__________________
RED CL 63 AMG Whte&Blck Int. stiched in red + Glitter Glossy protection Foil

[PICS]Upgrade 5 [Red WALD Brakes & Front Bumper Opening Closed]
[PICS]Upgrade 4 [EMBLEM]
[PICS]Upgrade 3[Without Angels Eye]


uae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 06:37 AM   #30
talwang
Moderator
Trader Score: (4)
 
talwang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NASA
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
yup it's been released since last yr i wonder if someone can get just the harness
so it is a repost? I am such a damn newbie here. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by uae View Post
Thanx man.

I visited the links but i couldnt understand a thing the website is in japanese.

The prices are excellent.

90,000.00 JPY

=

945.968 USD




But im still not sure if this is the price of two headlights or just one.


Do i get any wiring with the headlights as well ?
They are all buy it now auctions for the set, so good deals for sure.

As Henry said, you need the custom harness for the conversion.
The custom harness is most likely modified from the stock one, so you probably can fine someone who is capable of doing that.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
_____________________________________________

<a href=http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/keikomd/sig0607.gif target=_blank>http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...md/sig0607.gif</a>

CL link to my SC430 Flickr Link
_____________________________________________
__________________
talwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-08, 06:37 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
600, conversion, headlamps, headlight, headlights, led, lexus, ls, ls460, ls600, ls600h, mods, number, oem, part, sale

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FL For sale: LS600 lexus headlights [Vouched] silver305 LS460 / 430 / 400 / 600h Classifieds 19 04-20-13 08:27 AM
change headlight to ls600h shmookh LS460, LS460L and LS600h 1 04-21-12 05:41 AM
Ls 460 Replacement Shift Knob LSFANMIAMI LS460, LS460L and LS600h 15 05-24-11 05:26 PM
LS600h headlight on LS460 FAHAD460 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 14 09-12-08 05:18 PM
Lexus LED headlights bhrbhr LS460, LS460L and LS600h 22 04-22-08 06:00 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info