LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tips and Tricks you might not know about your LS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Belmont
One of the things that annoyed me was the inability to rip .mp3 or .WMA files directly to the hard drive. But there's actually a really easy workaround.

I belong to a private audio hub, and it's got some pretty specific naming conventions and only allows full albums to be ripped.

So I simply converted all of the .mp3 files back to .CDA, which is what a normal audio CD uses. It ripped them back to .mp3 and kept everything in tact. I am assuming the same will happen if you convert a bunch of random .mp3 to .CDA and pop in the player, but I haven't tested it yet.
yup, that would work. but by doing that, might as well just burn a mp3 cd
Old 03-15-08, 10:06 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the goal is to not have to keep swapping discs. By ripping them to the hard drive, I can save the spots in the changer for my favorite DVD-A and DVD-V discs.
Old 04-08-08, 06:50 PM
jprice1645
4th Gear

Default Loading Phone Address Books

I finally got a Blackberry (8830) that will transfer all the contacts to the car. Here is a tip (learned the hard way). You probaly have hundreds of numbers you don't want on the car but the cell phone transfers all at once. Tranfer all your contacts to ANOTHER GROUP (01,02,etc) and don't use the default "No Group" 00. This way you can reassign the numbers you want to keep to new groups and then DELETE the download group with all the contacts you don't want in one pass. If you dump into Group 00 (default No Group), you have to delete one at a time!!
Old 04-08-08, 09:12 PM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

i try to transfer my contacts to the car, when i hit the transfer button, my phone's bluetooth was disconnect from the car by itself and on the nav screen it show phone's transfer but it took forever to finish the transfer, I could not wait that long so I press the cancel button. I try this like 10 times already and they was took so damn long. why is this happen? anyone know?
Old 04-08-08, 09:47 PM
superLS
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ this happened to me too. i think that it just dont work with some phones. but i would like to know this too.
Old 04-09-08, 02:10 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by luxury1
You can adjust the sensitivity of the automatic air filter by pressing and holding the air recirculate button (you may have to be parked with just the battery on so you may have to check the manual).
too add to this > automatic air filter DOESN'T work when outside temperature is lower then 5 degrees of celcius. It doesn't work on ALL lexus models. Only in LS it is possible to make it work is to turn the "Air Purifier" off if your ls has it.

In other way it shows that it works in auto mode but all the time it takes air from outside.

I founded this out after several months of complains of my ls, and at last Japanese answered that it should be like this. Going to complain dealer for lower price for next lexuses for this not fully working option..
Old 04-09-08, 05:09 PM
jprice1645
4th Gear

Update on the cell phone transfer. When I first told thephone to transfer, the NAV system popped up the transfer in progress screen - BUT the phone then immediately said bluetooth connection lost. I found out by accident that I just had to hit the file transfer selection ON THE PHONE again and suddenly the NAV showed the transfer going on. I transferred over 550 contacts in about one minute.

Prior to that, I thought the bluetooth was really lost - apparently it was not and hitting the file transfer instead of messing with "re-linking" the bluetooth, it worked.

Hope that helps. Again it was Blackberry 8830 - Verizon (supposedly the worst one to do file transfers)
Old 04-10-08, 12:24 PM
segdog2
Driver School Candidate

is there a quick way to close all windows and sunroof at the touch of one button? Like the roll down option works by holding the unlock button down on smart key.
Old 04-10-08, 01:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i believe press and hold the lock button on the door? that's my guess, can't remember. otherwise you can put in the mechanical key and turn/hold in the lock position, which can be quite troublesome
Old 04-10-08, 08:54 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i believe press and hold the lock button on the door? that's my guess, can't remember. otherwise you can put in the mechanical key and turn/hold in the lock position, which can be quite troublesome

Nope, Lexus disabled this feature on the US spec cars. Same deal on my IS - what goes down does not go up.

Interestingly, Lexus has most of the features discussed across the model line. My IS has the rear sunshine with auto retract, the smog detector w/sensitivity settings, ventilated seats, etc. Of course, no auto trunk.
The following users liked this post:
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 04-10-08, 09:50 PM
sbdan
Driver School Candidate

i believe press and hold the lock button on the door?
that works on my car...
Old 04-10-08, 10:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 15951
Nope, Lexus disabled this feature on the US spec cars. Same deal on my IS - what goes down does not go up.

Interestingly, Lexus has most of the features discussed across the model line. My IS has the rear sunshine with auto retract, the smog detector w/sensitivity settings, ventilated seats, etc. Of course, no auto trunk.
you sure? i am almost 100% sure the mechanical key will work (on my gs400, is300, and sc430, they worked fine)

and sbdan confirmed the lock button works?
Old 04-11-08, 02:05 AM
superLS
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jprice1645
Update on the cell phone transfer. When I first told thephone to transfer, the NAV system popped up the transfer in progress screen - BUT the phone then immediately said bluetooth connection lost. I found out by accident that I just had to hit the file transfer selection ON THE PHONE again and suddenly the NAV showed the transfer going on. I transferred over 550 contacts in about one minute.

Prior to that, I thought the bluetooth was really lost - apparently it was not and hitting the file transfer instead of messing with "re-linking" the bluetooth, it worked.

Hope that helps. Again it was Blackberry 8830 - Verizon (supposedly the worst one to do file transfers)

i will try that tomorrow. wow 550 contact, i only got like 150.
Old 04-11-08, 08:28 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

you sure? i am almost 100% sure the mechanical key will work (on my gs400, is300, and sc430, they worked fine)

and sbdan confirmed the lock button works?
Yes, the mechanical key will work, but by the time I disengage it from the fob, pop the cover off the door, and sit there holding the key to the correct position, I could just open the driver's door and press all four auto "up".

Overseas the remote works for auto up and down. In the US Lexus is too paranoid about litigation.
Old 05-22-08, 06:22 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Serendipity today. If you press the "telephone call" button on the steering wheel TWICE, the system will automatically dial the last number called.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlawr:
Jguterman (10-21-22), Santa01 (09-13-20)

Quick Reply: Tips and Tricks you might not know about your LS