LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

3m Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 09:51 PM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3m Clear Bra

has anybody used this product on their BLK LS460. how would u rate the product. does it really help with chips or not. and finally how much do they cost. thanks for ur help
Old 01-31-08, 11:08 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

yes, very good, yes, about $300 to $750 depending on how much you want to protect, I say, everything that faces forward, and the trunk lid sill...
Old 01-31-08, 11:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

do a search on clublexus "clear bra", tons of people got that. my car has full fender/hood and bumper protection. no one could tell it's on there. i have them on all my cars, i hate chips
Old 02-01-08, 05:26 AM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife owns a clear bra, they look great!
Old 02-01-08, 05:36 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes the clear bra in an absolute must. I currently have the Llumar the dealer installed on mine and have not been totally satisfied with the film quality. The fitment seems okay and it looks nice (film clarity) on the car. The bad part is the film seems thin thus it chips/scratches easily and does not have the hard clear coat surface as the 3M. I also have a few friends that have not had success with the film over the past few months. All in all the llumar is a fairly new product on the market & is only a 5mil compared to the 3M product that is an 8mil with clearcoat.. I have the 3M film on all my other cars and have zero chips from continous driving. I will be switching the LS in the next couple days to the 3M film.
Old 02-01-08, 07:34 AM
rajwany
Driver

Originally Posted by GS430X6
My wife owns a clear bra, they look great!
can u please post some pics for us
Old 02-01-08, 07:36 AM
rajwany
Driver

thanks for all ur help. anybody know of a good installer in the Dallas area forn 3M
Old 02-01-08, 11:02 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rajwany
thanks for all ur help. anybody know of a good installer in the Dallas area forn 3M
I've heard great things about Ventureshield. That's what I have installed on my E, thanks to our fabulous forum sponsor Aerotect

In any event, a clear bra is a must if you want to keep the front end of your car looking pristine. Some hate the visible cut-off line that exists on the hood, but I'd rather live with a slightly visible line than nasty rock chips.
Old 02-01-08, 02:58 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I feel the opposite. Today touch ups can be so well done that even close inspection can't tell where the chip was. On the other hand, you can spot a clear bra a mile away no matter what brand was used or how well it was put on. It just the nature of the beast, you can always see that line.
Old 02-02-08, 09:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I feel the opposite. Today touch ups can be so well done that even close inspection can't tell where the chip was. On the other hand, you can spot a clear bra a mile away no matter what brand was used or how well it was put on. It just the nature of the beast, you can always see that line.
completely disagree. take a look at my ls460l. to this date, i have yet to have someone come up to me and tell me i have clear bra until i show them. if you are willing to spend the right money to have the whole hood wrapped, problem solved

and take off is actually very easy, just pull at the right angle and it comes off
Old 02-02-08, 04:36 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to disagree as well...I have blk/blk and have the entire hood and fenders done..no line and no one has ever taken notice of the clear bra on my car. I have 3M Film. Great stuff!
Old 02-02-08, 06:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by acecert
I have to disagree as well...I have blk/blk and have the entire hood and fenders done..no line and no one has ever taken notice of the clear bra on my car. I have 3M Film. Great stuff!
hehe, dave, you have venture, not 3m 3m doesn't have big enough of a film to cover the hood from what francisco told me
Old 02-02-08, 06:44 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I also disagree. There hasn't been a person yet that has noticed the 3M clear bra on the LS. The film does not cover the entire hood but people are not looking for the line across the hood and only notice it when I mention the film protection.
Old 02-02-08, 11:10 PM
rajwany
Driver

can any of you guys post some pics of your car's hood with the clear bra. would really appreciate it. thanks
RR
Old 02-02-08, 11:12 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Anyone have any experience with the new, spray on version of the clear mask?

Quick Reply: 3m Clear Bra