LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
View Poll Results: Does your LS460 have wind noise? (you can pick more than one)
YES, my 2007 LS has definite wind noise as described.
40.00%
YES, my 2008 LS has definite wind noise as described.
8.57%
NO, my 2007 LS has no wind noise as described.
5.71%
NO, my 2008 LS has no wind noise as described.
17.14%
Yes, my LS has some occasional outside swishing sounds.
45.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LS460 Wind Noise Fix (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 04:52 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Mallory,glad to hear they have your glove box parts in. You're lucky to get the Michelin's. My dealer said they know nothing about swapping tires. I will ask the Lexus rep when I take my car in on the 24th. This will be the dealers first car to retro fit, so the Lexus rep will be showing them how it's done. I think that's why I have to wait until the 24th. They ordered the parts through the rep. Let me know once you get the retro fit done. I hope this is the end to our problems. I also hope they don't screw our cars up in the process. Are you out of pocket anything on the tires?

Regards,

Craig
Old 07-02-07, 05:49 PM
sidgriggs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the problem with the tires?
Old 07-02-07, 05:52 PM
Craig B

My dealer said the transmission update wasn't out yet. Someone posted they already had the update? It is kind of weird that some dealers know more than others. I'm not having problems with the tires, but they do have a stiff ride. I have the Dunlop's on my car. I know you had the Bridgestone's. I hope to have the transmission update at the same time. I live 110 miles from the dealership...

Craig
Old 07-05-07, 02:31 PM
Craig B

They're most likely waiting for the Lexus Field service rep to call them back with his schedule. I wouldn't want to rush them... you want it done right, not right now! Let us know what happens... The Lexus rep might come to the dealer and show them what needs to be done. That's what I'm waiting for on July 24th. The rep is coming to the dealer to show them how to repair my car and the other cars that need the retro fit. I just want it done right the first time.

Regards,

Craig
Old 07-05-07, 04:36 PM
Craig B

Mallory, the Lexus rep will also be at the dealership for 3 days as well. As far as I know, I should be able to take my car home the same day. I have to get it there first thing in the morning. I live 110 miles each way from the dealer, so I hope it can be done in one day. If not, they always give me a car to drive. My dealer has 3 cars to work on and mine will be first. Let us know what you find out. I hope you tell us no wind noise! Let me know how long it takes them to do the job once it's been completed...

Craig
Old 07-05-07, 05:33 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig B
Mallory, the Lexus rep will also be at the dealership for 3 days as well. As far as I know, I should be able to take my car home the same day. I have to get it there first thing in the morning. I live 110 miles each way from the dealer, so I hope it can be done in one day. If not, they always give me a car to drive. My dealer has 3 cars to work on and mine will be first. Let us know what you find out. I hope you tell us no wind noise! Let me know how long it takes them to do the job once it's been completed...

Craig

And this is all at no cost to you?

Thanks for the update guys. I'm starting to hear some wind noises on the driver's side. Gotta contact the dealer..
Old 07-05-07, 05:40 PM
Craig B

Yes, it's no charge. Contact your dealer so they can get the parts on order...

Craig
Old 07-06-07, 02:35 PM
allklr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luxofreak

It's important to note that on the service invoice it was written that "car has a system to disingage transmission torque converter when stopped for an extended period of time. System is operating within range". Even so, the software upgrade was done, and it's TSIB #TC004-07. This means "updated files for ECT ECU".
Has anyone else gotten this fixed? My dealership does not know anything about this and told me there are no TSIB's for the LS460 besides the Car Manual Updates. I told them that my glovebox had one and they said it was an ES TSIB that they are using on LS460's.
Old 07-06-07, 03:02 PM
Craig B

Ask them to let you speak to the Lexus area service manager or zone rep. They should know what's up. Lexus isn't going to issue a TSIB until they have enough parts to fix all the cars. If I were you, I would get on the list...
The kits are out in limited supply now. Mine is scheduled to be done July 24th.

Craig
Old 07-06-07, 03:22 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming that the wind noise discussed here is coming from the door glass and is different from the wind noise coming from the rear view mirrors?

http://www.lambros.net/LexusTechInfo...S/nv003l07.pdf

BTW, Here are a bunch of TSIB for the LS460:

http://www.lambros.net/2007LS460L/tsib/
Old 07-06-07, 03:30 PM
Craig B

It's coming from the mirrors, windows and window belt molding.

They're also going to add some extra insulation...

Craig
Old 07-07-07, 08:50 AM
portofinor
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus of Concord: never heard of "WIND" problem

Lexus of Concord in the SF Bay Area claims they have never heard of the wind problem. They test drove it and could not find a problem. And my wind problem is very bad. Nice!!!
Old 07-07-07, 09:35 AM
Craig B

Take it to another dealer. They sound like morons!

Craig
Old 07-07-07, 10:54 AM
Lex460
Driver School Candidate

Default Do not be too optimistic concerning the repair of wind noise

Here is what I found in Lexus Owners Club forum:

Jun 17 2007, 10:38 PM Post #75

New Club Member

Group: Regular Member
Member No.: 32,649
Car Model:2007 LS460

I HAVE WAITED THREE MONTHS FOR THE CURE! MY DEALER EXPERIMENTED WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE. THEY SPENT SEVEN HOURS CHANGING OUT THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER WINDOW TO THE DOUBLE PAIN THICKNESS OF THE LONG VERSION, CHANGED THE MOLDING AROUND THE GLASS, AND DID SOMETHING TO THE SIDE MIRRORS.HOWEVER, TO NO AVAIL. IT DID NOT WORK. NOT SURE WHAT RECOURSE I HAVE.THE WIND NOISE IS EXCESSIVE AND NOT TOLERABLE. ANY IDEAS?

what do you think about it?
Old 07-07-07, 11:14 AM
Craig B

How long ago did they do this repair? They did experiment with a few cars and found out it didn't work. Now, they tell me they have a real fix. My car is scheduled for July 24th for the windows, insulation, mirrors...

If it bothers you, ask Lexus for a buy back...

Good luck!

Craig

Quick Reply: LS460 Wind Noise Fix (merged threads)