LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

my nightmare at tustin lexus (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 04:15 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my nightmare at tustin lexus (long)

11/2006
I am one of the unfortunate ones who decide to buy a new ls 460 L back when it first came out here in Tustin Lexus, CA.

5/2007
At the the point of purchase, several cuts were found in two area behind the driver's seat. Dealer wrote a contract that stated" car sold as equipped. We will replace cut area behind driver's seat with new lexus part, at customer's convenience". When I took it in for the repair, months later the sales rep told me he is going try to patch/ buff the cut area. I told him to order the parts. Couple of weeks later I took the car in for service, the server rep told me they need to order the part again. Since I did not come to install immediately, the part were sent back to the supplier. At this time I was getting tire of the run around. I ask for a discount and not to service the cut. He refuses. I finally had to call Better business bureau. They contact the service manager Rick. Rich was professional. He made sure the parts were in before I take in the car for the third time. I finally got what I was promise at the time of purchase. Little did I know it would take so much trouble with several levels of red tapes.

7/23/2007
Doing the 8 month of ownership, I only put 1800 miles one the car. However, I, like most of the LS 460 owners, also suffer from the excess wind noise from the front driver/passenger seats and the lack of power at times. I took the car in for lo jack and ask the service rep T. Hernendez. He quoted me a price of $795 for the basis version of lojack. I mention to him that there is two TBIS on the transmission 007 and 004. At first he said he never had anyone bring in the car for the excessive wind noise nor the lack of power. Later that day when I pick up the car, only the tv007 was done. At the time of pickup, T Henadez ran my car through the speed bumps at high speed like that of a typical valet parking teenager. I was going to comment, but I don’t think I can stop him from doing it completely; he will just not do it in the presence of customers. I did, however, confronted him about the basic lojack selling for $595 elsewhere. I ask if this was a premium version with all the bell and whistles of $795. He looked surprise. He then said I receive the premium version with remote and early detection. He then disappeared and never came back. An invoice mysteriously came through the cashier for a invoice of $455 a difference of $340. I paid and left. However, I know that he rip me off. On the way back, I notice that the wind noise is still present and only 007 was service. They did not do the 004 which remove the problem of the hold button issue.
7/24/2007 Next morning, I took the car back for them to address the wind issue as well as take care of the hold button issue. After addressing the two issues, the service rap Sean went into the Service manager Rene's office. I over hear something about "there is currently no fix for the wind noise and I am not going to b.s. to the customer". The service rap Sean came back and took out a piece of paper with flow charts showing steps that they will do to narrow down the problem of the wind noise. I was told to ride with a mechanic Sal. Sal, indeed confirm that the present of noise. At this time I needed to return back to work, and ask them to write a service order. Sean refuses, so I ask Rene the service manager to help. Sean says he will call Lexus corporate and find out how to handle the wind issue. I ask him to document the fact that I came in today and his mechanic has witness the wind problem. (I am concern that the problem will the what the dealer call a normal ware and tear and never take responsible for it). After sever minutes of heated exchanges, he made degrading comments like "what are you trying to pull", "its natural to have turbulence". He even had the audacity to say "they make the ls 460 too quiet so you can pick up other small wind noise". I was about to comment, "what are you smoking?", but I held back. I finally agree to type something on his computer in the customer’s data base showing that the problem is present. As to the 004 TSIB, he will do it later.

In conclusion, I would not complain if I bought a Toyota, I wouldn’t even have it service at the dealers. However, this is a $80,000 semi-loaded LS 460 L with navi and preium sound. I refuse to get push around. I will document and contact the necessary people to get my LS 460 the way it supposes be--flawless. I just finish contacting the better business bureau again. Let hope Tustin Lexus, Ca can get their act together this time.
Old 07-25-07, 04:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

really sorry to hear all your trouble since you bought the car last year

i think the mistake it taking your car to tustin lexus. they have always had bad rep on both sales and service department. honestly i would never bring my car there even if i bought mine there.

i have always gone to keyes lexus for service since i know the master tech and he's been nothing but superior. and btw i live in OC as well so that's a whopping hour drive for me. still it's worth it imho than having some other monkeys working on my cars.

really good luck with everything, but i would definitely try some other venue to fix your problems rather than dealing with those people (again). if there is anything i can help, let me know
Old 07-25-07, 06:22 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

You should also complain to Lexus corporate. If they get enough serious complaints, I'll bet they pull the dealership. I've seen it happen with two different Infiniti dealers here in Mass.
Old 07-25-07, 07:02 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

I tried to go through corporate with the stratches before with no avail. They just refer me back to the local Lexus. However, I think for the new problems, I'll file complain with better business bureau but instead of complain about Tustin Lexus, I am going to compalin about Lexus Corporate.
Old 07-25-07, 07:06 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
really sorry to hear all your trouble since you bought the car last year

i think the mistake it taking your car to tustin lexus. they have always had bad rep on both sales and service department. honestly i would never bring my car there even if i bought mine there.

i have always gone to keyes lexus for service since i know the master tech and he's been nothing but superior. and btw i live in OC as well so that's a whopping hour drive for me. still it's worth it imho than having some other monkeys working on my cars.

really good luck with everything, but i would definitely try some other venue to fix your problems rather than dealing with those people (again). if there is anything i can help, let me know
where is keyes lexus? in van nys? that far..
Old 07-25-07, 07:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's about 1 hour NW of Tustin Lexus, 50 miles or so according to Google Maps. Rominl's recommendation is worth looking at IMHO.

I'm sorry to hear about your Tustin Lexus service experience, it seems that their reputation for below-average Lexus service is sadly deserved.

After these instances, there is definitely bad blood between the dealership and you, I would suggest taking your business elsewhere. Yes, it's good to contact the proper authorities, but you also want the job done.

You are absolutely right, as an LS 460 L owner you deserve top-tier treatment. It's unfortunate that you've been given the runaround and poor service. If you do continue to stay with Tustin Lexus, I hope that you will be able to get the necessary work done for your car, and avoid the stress of confrontations and anger. However I would suggest looking elsewhere...another Lexus dealership that hopefully will treat you better.
Old 07-25-07, 10:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bluex5
where is keyes lexus? in van nys? that far..
yes it's far in van nuys. but just imagine that i am still doing all these trips early sat morning arriving there at 8am just so my tech can work on my car. my cars are all modified (gs400 and sc430). he always take very good care of my care, very patient explaining issues and solutions to me, giving me advices on what to do and what not. i can't say about other service people at keyes but i have only worked with him all the time.

like enigma said, it's already bad blood between you and tustin, trust me they probably talk crap about you behind anyway. so if i were you i would probably think twice about going back
Old 07-26-07, 08:58 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Keyes is pretty good for service. Alan Pliss, the service manager, is very nice and responsive to customer concerns. They are a bit expensive compared to other Lexus Dealers, but if you twist Alan's arm he will usually meet what other dealers charge. For new car sales, on the other hand, I would stay as far away from Keyes as you can. From all the way at the top their General Manager Ryan's attitude is "we will extract as much money from a customer as we can." They do not take deposits or have waiting lists for new cars. They side sticker every new car with ridiculous options like $10K wheels and lojack which they refuse to remove from the deal.

It is a very interesting dichotomy with a great service department and a horrible sales department. I guess that's why I buy my cars from Longo and take them for service at Keyes (which I live a mile away from).
Old 07-26-07, 12:08 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrComputer
Keyes is pretty good for service. Alan Pliss, the service manager, is very nice and responsive to customer concerns. They are a bit expensive compared to other Lexus Dealers, but if you twist Alan's arm he will usually meet what other dealers charge. For new car sales, on the other hand, I would stay as far away from Keyes as you can. From all the way at the top their General Manager Ryan's attitude is "we will extract as much money from a customer as we can." They do not take deposits or have waiting lists for new cars. They side sticker every new car with ridiculous options like $10K wheels and lojack which they refuse to remove from the deal.

It is a very interesting dichotomy with a great service department and a horrible sales department. I guess that's why I buy my cars from Longo and take them for service at Keyes (which I live a mile away from).
I couldn't agree more about their sales tactics. Keyes is in Van Nuys, as well as Valencia. The Valencia store was the one that I reported was selling their black Executive Package LS460L for $20K or 25K over sticker. I forget which one it was. You are also correct about them not taking deposits. I tried to put down a deposit for the ISF, and they said they can not take it, but promise me that I can have the first one at sticker. Well, we all know what that means.
Old 07-27-07, 09:16 AM
Nospinzone

It sounds like SoCal is a real seller's market. I feel badly for you poor buyers out there.
Old 07-27-07, 10:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

not really. here in socal you have lexus dealerships within 15 mins in every direction
Old 07-27-07, 11:54 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
not really. here in socal you have lexus dealerships within 15 mins in every direction
Hehe, too true. I can navigate LA somewhat by the freeway passing by landmarks, aka Lexus dealerships...

There's alternatives if one does not like the service at a dealership. BTW, Tustin Lexus' owners also own the newer Newport Lexus, wonder if the service is better there? I've read some complaints however of overcharging...not to mention the recent bodyshop story with someone's IS.
Old 07-27-07, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by enigma888
Hehe, too true. I can navigate LA somewhat by the freeway passing by landmarks, aka Lexus dealerships...

There's alternatives if one does not like the service at a dealership. BTW, Tustin Lexus' owners also own the newer Newport Lexus, wonder if the service is better there? I've read some complaints however of overcharging...not to mention the recent bodyshop story with someone's IS.
yup, the story in the socal forum isn't pretty. and newport lexus is definitely charging big time for services.

funny though, newport lexus has been surprisingly quiet the several times i was there. even the service department was pretty quiet

and back to sales, in terms of competition i am not sure if there is another region similar. even in norcal you don't have lexus dealerships sooo close
Old 07-28-07, 01:34 PM
Nospinzone

Well if they're selling cars at up to $20k TO $25K over MSRP, and they aren't taking deposits, the competition isn't resulting in lower prices. Evidently the demand is outstripping the supply regardless of the number of dealerships.
Old 08-14-07, 11:30 AM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Longo Lexus in El Monte has a pretty good reputation for dealer service and sales, you should go there if you have the time.

Quick Reply: my nightmare at tustin lexus (long)