LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Visited the Service Dept yesterday for hesitation, transmission and wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 09:40 PM
jgoergen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visited the Service Dept yesterday for hesitation, transmission and wind noise

I brought my LS460 in yesterday for the wind noise (yes, I have a LWB), hiccup from a stop, and the transmission slip when car is cold. Here is what they told me:

3787 Hesitation upon acceleration tech notes bulletin due out August to address this issue, new trans shift update due to come out in August

In regards to transmission slip when car is cold: 3787 see notes on condition no. 1 bulletin with reflash due out soon, not available yet

On both the above, my service tech said it will be a software tweak.

On the wind noise, he said - moulding update in progess bulletin with new belt moulding and glass due out August.

I copies these from my invoice. Hope this helps
Old 06-06-07, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sounds like lexus is working hard on all the fixes huh? very nice
Old 06-06-07, 09:57 PM
jgoergen
Driver School Candidate

Default doesn't surprise me

This is my 2nd Lexus and I don't have a single complaint about Lexus or the service dept. They do their best and I think it shows.
Old 06-06-07, 10:03 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Hope this all works out well for everybody eventually
Old 06-07-07, 09:06 PM
ghmundt
Driver

The head tech at my local dealer is really embarrassed by all the problems with the new LS. As I had him out in mine today, he said he can't believe Lexus released its new flagship with so many problems. He has never seen this from Lexus before and is concerned they are taking their eye off quality to focus on growth. THATS BAD!
Old 06-07-07, 09:15 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoergen
I brought my LS460 in yesterday for the wind noise (yes, I have a LWB), hiccup from a stop, and the transmission slip when car is cold. Here is what they told me:

3787 Hesitation upon acceleration tech notes bulletin due out August to address this issue, new trans shift update due to come out in August

In regards to transmission slip when car is cold: 3787 see notes on condition no. 1 bulletin with reflash due out soon, not available yet

On both the above, my service tech said it will be a software tweak.

On the wind noise, he said - moulding update in progess bulletin with new belt moulding and glass due out August.

I copies these from my invoice. Hope this helps

Great News! That hiccup from start is driving me crazy.
Old 06-08-07, 08:16 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ghmundt
The head tech at my local dealer is really embarrassed by all the problems with the new LS. As I had him out in mine today, he said he can't believe Lexus released its new flagship with so many problems. He has never seen this from Lexus before and is concerned they are taking their eye off quality to focus on growth. THATS BAD!
Compared to the BMW's and Mercedes I have owned they are still kicking butt! Perfection is just hard to achieve...
Old 06-08-07, 01:56 PM
garyr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jgoergen, thanks for the update. My LWB has just 2-k so I have not had it in for service yet. I called the dealer for the first time last week and asked about the wind noise issue. They put me in on the phone with the lead tech and he said they have never heard of a wind noise problem. This is one of the largest Lex dealers in my area. So hear goes the bull**** on trying to get my car fixed.

Thanks again for the update, I guess I have find the TSB and bring it with me to the stupid delaer.......

This board rocks, thanks everyone for sharing info!!

PS can't stand the wind noise, it's getting worse
Old 06-08-07, 03:31 PM
Nospinzone

Received 408 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by garyr
They put me in on the phone with the lead tech and he said they have never heard of a wind noise problem.

So the question is, is he lying or is he really that stupid. I hope he's lying because you don't want someone that stupid servicing your car.
Old 06-08-07, 05:29 PM
massshelti
Rookie

Originally Posted by garyr
jgoergen, thanks for the update. My LWB has just 2-k so I have not had it in for service yet. I called the dealer for the first time last week and asked about the wind noise issue. They put me in on the phone with the lead tech and he said they have never heard of a wind noise problem. This is one of the largest Lex dealers in my area. So hear goes the bull**** on trying to get my car fixed.

Thanks again for the update, I guess I have find the TSB and bring it with me to the stupid delaer.......

This board rocks, thanks everyone for sharing info!!

PS can't stand the wind noise, it's getting worse

I just test drove an LS, and I heard the noise on a brand new car. It's not trivial, and it sounds like the window is not sealing correctly.

Last edited by massshelti; 06-08-07 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-09-07, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by massshelti
I just test drove an LS, and I heard the noise on a brand new car. It's not trivial, and it sounds like the window is not sealing correctly.
swb? seems like common problems here
Old 06-09-07, 06:54 AM
jgoergen
Driver School Candidate

Default My experience with Lexus...

I too am disappointed with paying $80,000 for a car that has minor problems, especially after having an 04 (which I still have) which virtually had no problems at all, up to now.

In my experience, my dealer has always addressed any issues I have had in a professional, efficient manner. Anytime I brought my car in for maintenance, they would check to see if any TSBs were issued on my car and would make any tweaks required. I don't remember EVER having to bring my car in twice for the same problem, something I have numerously experienced with other makes of cars. I remember when 04 LS430 was 3 months old, they recalled ALL the transmissions due to ONE or TWO persons having the car slip out of gear. They were replacing transmissions on all cars affected. I brought the car in , left it for a day, and shortly thereafter Lexus send me a gift card for Amoco gas for $100 (LOL wouldn't go so far now).

There is no such thing as a "perfect" car, it is just machinery. I own a motorhome and if you want to be frustrated with a piece of machinery, just buy a motorhome. Just remember, Lexus's motto is the "Pursuit" of Perfection LOL.

Just be patient, Lexus will come thru. I, too, wish the fix was coming prior to August. You all must admit that this car is an amazing car, even with the defects. I feel sorry for owners who have dealers that are uncooperative. I bought both my cars from Lexus of Naperville in Illinois and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

By the way, if you go to the Lexus LS website, did you know you can chat live with Lexus regarding the LS? Has anyone done that and asked them directly?? Just wondering.
Old 06-09-07, 01:36 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mallory H.
Just got off the Lexus Chat and they had no info on any TSIB for the LS460, that info may not be available to them. I have heard that the repair would begin this month, than I heard July and now I am hearing August.
My first Lexus was a 2005 LS430 and when I traded for the LS460 wind noise was the furthest thing from my mind. I was more worried about the new 8 speed transmission and the 380hp engine but wind noise no.
I doubt the people at Lexus Chat have the same info as the service director at the Lexus dealerships. The Lexus Chat people are just glorified sales people trying to push the Lexus product.

You should try and contact your local service director at the dealership. My service director mentioned that the fix has been issued by Lexus Corp and the actual repairs will start in 2 weeks when the parts arrrive.
Old 06-09-07, 03:31 PM
socaljint
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope they get fixed. My LS has zero problems. Thank God, quiet as a mouse.
Old 06-09-07, 03:41 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck Mallory, thanks for sharing...

Quick Reply: Visited the Service Dept yesterday for hesitation, transmission and wind noise