LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 Lexus LS460L VSC/PCS/check engine light on

Old 12-11-11, 04:18 PM
htnguyen50
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Lexus LS460L VSC/PCS/check engine light on

Please help! I left my parking lights on overnight and my car would not start today because the battery died. I got it jumpstarted with another working vehicle and now the VSC, PCS, and check engine lights come on. Can anyone advise me on how to reset or turn off those warnings lights please?
Old 12-11-11, 05:02 PM
snoylekim
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably a trip to the dealer ..and they won't just 'reset' the VSC/PCS .. They'll check it out .. I had issues w/ the VSC/PCS and my brakes after a jump .. I suspect there's something in the braking computer system that does not like jump starts ( at least on 2007 ) .. I ended up having to have the brakes bled and a few other thngs .. be careful if you drive it ..
Old 12-11-11, 06:34 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by htnguyen50
Please help! I left my parking lights on overnight and my car would not start today because the battery died. I got it jumpstarted with another working vehicle and now the VSC, PCS, and check engine lights come on. Can anyone advise me on how to reset or turn off those warnings lights please?
You could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. This sometimes resets the computer to an earlier setting. Good luck.
Old 12-11-11, 09:26 PM
htnguyen50
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks a lot for the info guys. i actually fixed it by pressing the reset button next to trip on the dash and holding down the button and then pressing the engine on button. worked like a charm.
The following users liked this post:
lray (03-26-24)
Old 12-11-11, 09:42 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by htnguyen50
thanks a lot for the info guys. i actually fixed it by pressing the reset button next to trip on the dash and holding down the button and then pressing the engine on button. worked like a charm.
That is a new one for me. I will have to remember that but hope I never need to use it. Glad you achieved an easy resolution.
Old 01-08-14, 06:13 PM
duongt
Driver School Candidate

My car had VSC, PCS, and check break lights come on. I have tried all the above, but it wasn't working.
Finally, I got a new battery. All the issues is gone. I have checked the battery in local store, but they told me that the old battery is still okay. Took the car to the dealer and they told me that there are some cells in the old battery went bad (said they have better tools to check out the battery that the local stores don't have). I have the old battery for 7 years.
Old 05-25-15, 11:20 AM
Serpico
Driver School Candidate

Default Ls460 L

Battery went dead after leaving ignition on. Tried the procedure your forum,by holding Reset button next to Trip set down while pressing starter button. The VSC and check engine lights went out,good fix,thanks to everyone who posted the fix.
Old 06-29-15, 11:49 PM
xtcfor2
Driver School Candidate

had the VSC and PSC Lite gremlin and mines was a bad battery
Old 06-30-15, 09:00 PM
twentyone
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm currently dealing with this issue. i replaced my battery, and the lights went away, and they have came back. question about the reset button: are you pressing/holding the reset button and then pressing the engine start button while the engine is already running, or should the engine be off?
CamelKool (09-07-20)
Old 10-06-18, 10:30 AM
chainbuilt
Driver School Candidate

Hi, how did you rectify the problem?
Old 11-11-19, 03:34 PM
HendyKK
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2007 LS460L with 119k miles and it just recently gave me the check VSC and PCS warnings with the check engine light, warning triangle, VSC symbol, and PCS indicator on the dashboard.

I was going uphill at a decent pace on a hot day and the lights start coming up. I did not lose power or feel any adverse effects but I pulled over anyways and shut down the engine. I spent a few minutes on the forum to look up the posts on this issue and found it to be a common problem that mainly meant issues with the battery or an assortment of sensors.

I turned the car back on and the lights remained. I drove home 40-50 miles and did more research to find a solution.

Many posts suggested removing the negative line from the battery to allow for the computers to reset so I tried that and it worked. I did try the reset and engine start button after I pulled the battery so maybe that had something to do with it.

I've been driving for a couple of days now and the lights have not come back. I will be changing the 4 year old battery soon and hopefully that will avoid any recurrence.
jmcraney (11-11-19)
Old 11-23-19, 08:13 AM
idg
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HendyKK
I have a 2007 LS460L with 119k miles and it just recently gave me the check VSC and PCS warnings with the check engine light, warning triangle, VSC symbol, and PCS indicator on the dashboard.

I was going uphill at a decent pace on a hot day and the lights start coming up. I did not lose power or feel any adverse effects but I pulled over anyways and shut down the engine. I spent a few minutes on the forum to look up the posts on this issue and found it to be a common problem that mainly meant issues with the battery or an assortment of sensors.

I turned the car back on and the lights remained. I drove home 40-50 miles and did more research to find a solution.

Many posts suggested removing the negative line from the battery to allow for the computers to reset so I tried that and it worked. I did try the reset and engine start button after I pulled the battery so maybe that had something to do with it.

I've been driving for a couple of days now and the lights have not come back. I will be changing the 4 year old battery soon and hopefully that will avoid any recurrence.
Same (PCS, VSC, engine) on a 130k 2010 LS460 AWD. Shop cleared the faults, but it came back after 3 weeks (on a hot day). Faults went away after 3 days with no action on my part (on a cold and rainy day). Took it to the shop and replaced the battery. Hope the gremlin is gone....
HendyKK (12-16-19)
Old 11-29-19, 06:16 PM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default VSC/ Traction Control Light on/ check engine light on/

2007 LS460- 153k miles- one owner car before I purchased it from Lexus dealership! Lights came on 2 weeks after I bought it! Went to dealership, spoke to service mgr- said that it was on their log that previous customer was informed that gasket was leaking, causing oil to drip onto O2 sensor causing lights to come on! Service mgr said that 1500.00 estimated to correct problem!
Talked to Sales Mgr/ who turned it over to Pre-owned manager - this guy calls me to tell me that at 153k miles, there is going to be oil leaks on the vehicle!
Will keep you posted over the next week as to the outcome of this ridiculous situation!
CamelKool (09-07-20)
Old 11-29-19, 09:38 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

I would just turn the car in on the basis of their response. Total nonsense, contact the general manager of the dealership through email if they don't make it right with NO cost to you. This worked for me and file a BBB complaint while your still in that 30 day period.

Last edited by sha4000; 11-30-19 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Grammar
CamelKool (09-07-20)
Old 11-30-19, 03:08 AM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunately, I paid cash for the car, so I won’t be turning it in! The car is actually a very nice car and rides very nice! It has its fair share of cosmetic issues, but most can be cleaned up with elbow grease, wet sanding, and a good compound! If I don’t get the dealership to respond to my needs and take care of the repair 100%, I’m going to the local TV stations for help! The pre owned manager told me that they only look at safety issues before selling a used car. So with thst response, they are going to take care of the yellow headlights since the light is being redirected due to the yellow tint!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Lexus LS460L VSC/PCS/check engine light on