Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Anyone hear from Lexus regarding LS600hL order?

Old 05-19-07, 08:03 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message left with dealer as we speak.

Another oddity. The executive package says that the rear seat entertainment system has wireless headphones. But it doesn't say that for the Premium II package's rear entertainment system. Is that really a difference, or an omission on the list?

Has the rear window sunshade been deleted?
Old 05-19-07, 10:12 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I'm being told by my dealer that as of yesterday , this has all changed. There are only 2 option packages being offered, A and B. B is the executive seating package that has the cold box, 4 seats, etc.

The other package with the 5 seats does not have it available. He is telling me that the Premium Package, Premium II Package, and Premium II Package with pre-collision will no longer be available.

He also said that the Advanced Pre-Collision system will only be offered with the Neiman Marcus version, no others.

He is getting me whatever information that he can.

Can anyone confirm these statements?
Old 05-19-07, 10:39 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Any indication of what is included in Package A? If it doesn't have pre-collision then maybe I shouldn't be trading up from my 460L which does have it, or opting for the NM version if that's the only way to get it in the 600.
Old 05-19-07, 10:43 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I was told it will not be in Package A. It will only be in the NM version. I'll have the exact list of features later this afternoon.
Old 05-19-07, 11:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Another possibility is that the packaging options varies with region ? For some reason, maybe they exclude some packages from certain regions ? That has happened with other Lexus models too . . .
Old 05-19-07, 12:54 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

New "official" word from the dealer. YMMV. Void where prohibited by law.

The Link above for features seems correct, except there will be no Advanced Pre-Collision System. In other words, options A,B,C, and D are available. Pre-Collision will only be available in the NM version (which was the launch edition, only available in that one color if memory serves.)

Whether this information turns out to be true, or is changed by Lexus between now and the real delivery of the cars remains to be seen. And, FWIW, the information I have obtained here has been more accurate than my dealer pretty uniformly up till now.

I'm also a little fuzzy as to whether not having the pre-collision system will remove the laser/radar cruise control. Not sure what's standard on a 460, and not sure how this will affect things. I can't imagine deleting that. It's so obviously necessary to compete with the S class, amongst others.
Old 05-19-07, 02:07 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

On my 460L, the pre-collision system and dynamic radar cruise are grouped together as a single $2850 option package. I wonder if this 460 package will instead be standard in the 600 and thus doesn't show up in any of the 600 option packages? Makes no sense that the 600 would not have this radar package. We will see as more info trickles in closer to actual US launch.
Old 05-19-07, 06:47 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
On my 460L, the pre-collision system and dynamic radar cruise are grouped together as a single $2850 option package. I wonder if this 460 package will instead be standard in the 600 and thus doesn't show up in any of the 600 option packages? Makes no sense that the 600 would not have this radar package. We will see as more info trickles in closer to actual US launch.
yeah, they are available as options in a few 460L packages, so I think they're probably standard on the 600hL & thus not listed as options. . .
Old 05-20-07, 05:05 AM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
yeah, they are available as options in a few 460L packages, so I think they're probably standard on the 600hL & thus not listed as options. . .
They're not standard. I had to order the $12,000 "Premium Package II with Advanced PreCollision System" to get the radar cruise control, which is actually all I really wanted in this package, but, along with NAV, has become a "Must have" option on any new car for me.

Unfortunately, this package also includes the rear cool box, which I understand reduces the size of the trunk.

HBH
Old 05-20-07, 12:32 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

The problem is, that my dealer is telling me that none of our cars are going to come with the Advanced Pre-Collision system. So now I don't know if they are also deleting the radar cruise control. I don't know if they are together as an all or nothing deal.

That's nearly a deal breaker for me, and pretty stupid to boot. None of this is an issue with an S-Class Mercedes. You want it, you get it.

Helmar, why don't you see what your dealer says in Maine, and report back. I'm not sure how much of any of this can be trusted right now.
Old 05-20-07, 01:04 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Helmar, why don't you see what your dealer says in Maine, and report back. I'm not sure how much of any of this can be trusted right now.
I just did, and he says that my order is still on track WITH the Advanced Pre-Collision system and radar cruise control, due in late July or August.

If for some reason the radar cruise control isn't available initially, I'll postpone my order. It's a must have feature for me.

He also said that their allotment of 3 LS600hL's was spoken for long ago and there's now a waiting list. It was fortunate that I put my deposit in early.

HBH
Old 05-20-07, 01:54 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Thanks for checking, Helmar.

So now it's official. I'm totally confused.

I want the Advanced Pre-Collision system and radar cruise control, I tried to order it, and I'm being told it isn't available.

Anyone know a contact in Lexus Corporate that I can contact to perhaps get an "Official" answer.

This really shouldn't be that difficult to order a car. Basically I'm told they don't know what it costs, they don't know when it will come, and they're not sure what options it will have.

Anybody sure it will come with 4 wheels?

Thanks.
Old 05-20-07, 02:16 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Anybody sure it will come with 4 wheels?
Actually it'll have 5 or 6 if you count the spare and steering wheel.

HBH
Old 05-20-07, 02:18 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I figure the steering wheel is an option they'll forget.

I'm calling in a favor at one of the biggest dealerships in the country. Their manager is trying to find out the real scoop for me. Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 05-20-07, 02:32 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Enquiring minds want to know.
Not to mention paying customers.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone hear from Lexus regarding LS600hL order?