Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

I took the plunge, and put a deposit on an LS600hL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 06:20 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally put down a deposit...

...for my LS600hL. I am #11 on the list at Pohanka Lexus. They're telling me that, depending on allocations and how the people ahead of me on the list handle their spots, I should be getting a car anytime between July and October.

I opted for the Premium Package II with Advanced Pre-Collision System, which is apparently the configuration all the first (non-special-ordered) 600's will come in. Since some of the folks higher on the list may want either the executive seating package or a less-loaded version, that's why I could end up scooting up higher on the list.

I also told him that I only want the light gray interior, but that exterior colors are more flexible. My leading choices are black opal (because it's exclusive to the hybrid), noble spinel mica, truffle mica, and verdigris mica. I looked at the 460s on the lot today, none of which were in those colors, and none of them really grabbed me.

So wish me luck getting the car as soon as possible, and rest assured that I'll keep my peeps here at CL posted on the progress!
Old 04-25-07, 06:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Advance congrats on your selection, and good luck on your purchase!

I'm not familiar with the interior colors, but is the gray interior two-tone?
Old 04-25-07, 06:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats on the new car.. Looking forward to the pics.. GL
Old 04-25-07, 06:47 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, good luck to you man! Post pics and impressions ASAP.
Old 04-25-07, 06:58 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! So Awesome!
Old 04-25-07, 07:00 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me too, although with some hesitation.

Congratulations, and good luck!

With some trepidation, I've also have converted my deposit to an order. I'm number 1 on the list, with delivery scheduled some time in June. Verdigris Mica, cashmere interior.

The trepidation is caused by the somewhat disappointing results mentioned in several reviews.

Acceleration would appear to be a tick SLOWER than the LS460L. This is a BIG disappointment.

Mileage is hard to gauge because of the different way of measuring in 2007 and 2008.

Also disappointing is the fact that I must accept unwanted options that DETRACT from the car, such as the rear seat cooler which diminishes the trunk size.

I was close to going with a SWB LS460, but in the final analysis, what swayed me was my need for AWD.

I briefly considered an S550 4-matic, but quickly dismissed it because of the COMAND system. It, like the iDrive, is just too intrusive while driving. Also, I plan on keeping this car for 8-10 years, and I expect the S550 would be much less reliable.

HBH
Old 04-25-07, 07:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Congrats & good luck Yeah Black Opal looks good in the pics we've seen & it's exclusive to the hybris LS, I would pick that paint too if I go for the 600hL
Old 04-25-07, 07:13 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new LS600h... .I'm sure to call you when I go to Virginia..

At our dealer where I work in GA, we only have 6 deposits so far. One is $121K fully loaded.

Folks, this thread is about Iceman getting the new car and I'm sure he knows about pros and cons and gas mileage and horse power and weight ratio and 0-60 mph time and so on... Please keep it civilize..thank you.
Old 04-25-07, 07:20 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Dude Iceman, what are you doing for a living??

Incomes to justify a $105,000+ car ain't to shabby. At least $200-300K a year I would think.

Congrats!
Old 04-25-07, 07:22 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great. I was very impressed with the new LS at a recent auto show. Lovin my GS but LS is something I'll consider in the future. Congrats again!
Old 04-25-07, 07:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Iceman - congrats! You are on your way to owning what is probably the most sophisticated drive train and overall car on the planet.

Way to go. I'm sure it will be incredible.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying we hate you. j/k! CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 04-25-07, 07:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Iceman
...for my LS600hL. I am #11 on the list at Pohanka Lexus. They're telling me that, depending on allocations and how the people ahead of me on the list handle their spots, I should be getting a car anytime between July and October.

I opted for the Premium Package II with Advanced Pre-Collision System, which is apparently the configuration all the first (non-special-ordered) 600's will come in. Since some of the folks higher on the list may want either the executive seating package or a less-loaded version, that's why I could end up scooting up higher on the list.

I also told him that I only want the light gray interior, but that exterior colors are more flexible. My leading choices are black opal (because it's exclusive to the hybrid), noble spinel mica, truffle mica, and verdigris mica. I looked at the 460s on the lot today, none of which were in those colors, and none of them really grabbed me.

So wish me luck getting the car as soon as possible, and rest assured that I'll keep my peeps here at CL posted on the progress!

Congratulations!!! Are you going to keep the GS?
Old 04-25-07, 08:24 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Why a gray interior? The car's interior is so nicely designed, you need a nice color to bring it out. Gray is my least favorite interior color, it makes everything look so drab and depressing
Old 04-25-07, 10:06 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Congrats!!! Anyone who shell out $100K+ for a car get a
Old 04-25-07, 10:25 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Nice man! Very nice choice in cars.

Quick Reply: I took the plunge, and put a deposit on an LS600hL