LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Petition Uncrippling Navigation While in Motion

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 01:00 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Petition Uncrippling Navigation While in Motion

Hey gang...I've noticed a lot of threads revolving around the crippling of the navigation system while in motion. What do you think about creating an electronic petition via a post to get Lexus to consider making all the functions within the navigation available? I wonder if we had enough response from all of the various forums here attached to one thread and then provide a forwarded link to Lexus if it might make a difference? Would you be interested in participating? Before I head this up, I wanted to see how much interest there is first (regardless of whether you think Lexus will make the change or not). Let me know if you'd be willing to sign a thread requesting this change.

Before anyone starts the debate, let's not turn this into a thread of whether you agree or disagree with the functions within the navigation system being released. There's plenty of other posts with that debate going on where you voice your concerns. I'm interested in hearing from those who would like to see the change and would be interested in participating in a thread that could be forwarded to Lexus electronically.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-07, 01:48 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i would sign up for the petition, but i dont think they will budge. Its not like were going to stop driving their cars and they know that. I think they are very afraid of the liability issues with the nav, and therefore do not want to get sued. Lexus is a very conservative car company, they wont let anything happen to them and will stay on the safe side; look at their design concepts! lol. if they didnt change it before (im sure people have complained in the past) they wont change it now.

you know what would be a great idea? Since they already have sensors in the passenger seat to see if he/she is wearing a seatbelt, they should disable the fuctions when there is one person in front,and allow it when there are two people in front! wow i should work for lexus.
Old 04-01-07, 03:01 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by acecert
I wonder if we had enough response from all of the various forums here attached to one thread and then provide a forwarded link to Lexus if it might make a difference?
no, it wouldnt, your petition would be a waste of bandwidth
Old 04-02-07, 07:22 AM
donaldm823
Rookie

Originally Posted by acecert
Before I head this up, I wanted to see how much interest there is first (regardless of whether you think Lexus will make the change or not). Let me know if you'd be willing to sign a thread requesting this change.
I would sign the petition. All they have to do is reveal the software link. I think it was more dangerous to stop on the side of the road to change destination or the other method to mark a map spot and change the destination to the "mark"
Old 04-02-07, 10:05 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd sign it too. I think all Lexus has to do is to upgrade the disclaimer to cover their backs. It becomes the driver's responsibility as soon as the "I agree" button is pressed. So set it free Lexus!!!
Old 04-02-07, 10:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Petition will not work. Toyota/Lexus is way too conservative.
Old 04-02-07, 04:27 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldm823
I would sign the petition. All they have to do is reveal the software link. I think it was more dangerous to stop on the side of the road to change destination or the other method to mark a map spot and change the destination to the "mark"
Easy solution here. Think in advance, and before you set out for your destination key it in. You should know where you want to go before you leave. The typical argument that it is more dangerous to stop on the side of the road isn't valid in most circumstances. Lexus/Toyota isn't going to change their policy. In fact, more nannies are coming in the future. Thank the slip and fall lawyers for this situation.
Old 04-02-07, 06:49 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Easy solution here. Think in advance, and before you set out for your destination key it in. You should know where you want to go before you leave. The typical argument that it is more dangerous to stop on the side of the road isn't valid in most circumstances. Lexus/Toyota isn't going to change their policy. In fact, more nannies are coming in the future. Thank the slip and fall lawyers for this situation.
Not such an easy solution if you use the phone for business and only have 20 voicetags to use and don't memorize each of your customers phone numbers. Using the phone display would be much safer with the large icons. Anyway, the post asks not to debate this (there are enough threads out there for that). Just those that are interested in trying something new as a group.