LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Waiting for the Noble Spinel Mica LS.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-07, 04:46 PM
chumsdad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting for the Noble Spinel Mica LS.....

My dealer says MY NSM short wheelbase LS is due to arrive at the port in New York on April 4. My salesman thinks the car can be here in the DC area 5 days later, but I am guessing it will be a little longer. Anyone got any info on this? I mean I am not impatient about it or anything- its just a car, right?
Old 03-31-07, 05:52 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by chumsdad
My dealer says MY NSM short wheelbase LS is due to arrive at the port in New York on April 4. My salesman thinks the car can be here in the DC area 5 days later, but I am guessing it will be a little longer. Anyone got any info on this? I mean I am not impatient about it or anything- its just a car, right?
NO, it's not just a car! You'll see.
Old 03-31-07, 05:59 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Seen this color in person, looks great on the car Good choice
Old 03-31-07, 06:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Let's see, car arrives in NY on April 4th. Guy who unloads it takes it home to show the little woman and the neighbors over the weekend. He's out Monday and Tuesday to celebrate Canadian Easter and then the end of Passover. So he drives it back to the port on the 11th. He raves about the car so much his boss has to take it home for the next weekend.

Finally on Monday the 16th the car is loaded on the truck for DC. Unfortunately the driver has not kept up his commercial license and is stopped oputside Philadelphia. The truck is confiscated and impounded. On the 23rd a new driver shows up to pick up the truck, but he can't afford the impound fees and must wait for Tokyo to wire the funds.

Finally, the truck is back on the road by May 1st. It arrives at you dealer in time for the weekend, but your idiot salesman is out that day so it sits there over the weekend. The salesman would have called you Monday, but with the bender he was on over the weekend, he doesn't make it in until Tuesday afternoon. By that time the last thing on his mind is your car, he'll get to it on Wednesday. He calls you but your cell phone is out of range that day and he doesn't know how to work your phone mail system. He finally reaches you Friday, but by then you've already left for that weekend in the mountains.

Yup, looks like Monday May 7th that baby is yours!
Old 03-31-07, 07:08 PM
chumsdad
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Let's see, car arrives in NY on April 4th. Guy who unloads it takes it home to show the little woman and the neighbors over the weekend. He's out Monday and Tuesday to celebrate Canadian Easter and then the end of Passover. So he drives it back to the port on the 11th. He raves about the car so much his boss has to take it home for the next weekend.

Finally on Monday the 16th the car is loaded on the truck for DC. Unfortunately the driver has not kept up his commercial license and is stopped oputside Philadelphia. The truck is confiscated and impounded. On the 23rd a new driver shows up to pick up the truck, but he can't afford the impound fees and must wait for Tokyo to wire the funds.

Finally, the truck is back on the road by May 1st. It arrives at you dealer in time for the weekend, but your idiot salesman is out that day so it sits there over the weekend. The salesman would have called you Monday, but with the bender he was on over the weekend, he doesn't make it in until Tuesday afternoon. By that time the last thing on his mind is your car, he'll get to it on Wednesday. He calls you but your cell phone is out of range that day and he doesn't know how to work your phone mail system. He finally reaches you Friday, but by then you've already left for that weekend in the mountains.

First, you have too much time on your hands and second, very funny! You were joking weren't you? OH scheete, what if that really does happen??? Great, now I have to worry about that.
Old 03-31-07, 08:40 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

You are pure evil!
Old 03-31-07, 09:37 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh come on... he's being optimistic!
Old 04-01-07, 06:10 AM
mcalbala
Driver School Candidate

I have the Noble Mica Spina, extremely happy with it. The only down side, which I knew going into it, was it is harder to keep looking clean than other colors, but that should not be a decision making issue.
Old 04-01-07, 10:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalbala
I have the Noble Mica Spina, extremely happy with it. The only down side, which I knew going into it, was it is harder to keep looking clean than other colors, but that should not be a decision making issue.
Obsidian Black, Black Sapphire, Smoky Granite would just be as bad or worse in keeping the car "looking" clean.
Silver, & the light to medium greyish paints are the ones that hide dirt better.
To keep paint in great condition as long as possible, cars should be washed frequently regardless of color, even with a silver car.
Old 04-01-07, 05:28 PM
Nospinzone

...you have too much time on your hands...

That's what my wife is always telling me. Just having fun with you Chum. It will be my turn sometime in June/July when MY Noble Spinel Mica is due in!
Old 04-01-07, 06:17 PM
chumsdad
Rookie

Nospin,

I assume you special ordered yours. I just decided a few weeks ago to do this when my wife (and 6 year old daughter, aka Chums) said "buy it" after I drove them around in one. My salesman has been looking all over for an "unsold" NSM and found 3- 2 of which we lost out on but he says the 3rd is mine for sure. Only downside is it has some options I would not have ordered, notably the infamous parks itself feature. It's good for bragging rights though. Even people that know nothing about cars know about the car that parks itself.

Last edited by chumsdad; 04-01-07 at 06:22 PM. Reason: left out reply to
Old 04-01-07, 07:24 PM
Nospinzone

Yes, I did special order it. I absolutely had to have the Dynamic Cruise Control and it seems there is not a single car in the Northeast equiped with it.
Old 04-03-07, 09:44 PM
chumsdad
Rookie

Oh no, it looks like it is already happening. Salesman called, confirmed they got dibbs on my car from another dealer before it arrives in port. Now, however, it looks like the Apirl 4 in port date is wrong- now they say April 14.

Sounds like maybe Tony Soprano wants to try it out for 10 days first to see if Carmella would like it better than that boring Porche Cayenne Turbo he gave her last year, but she did not appear to appreciate.
Old 04-04-07, 02:44 PM
Nospinzone

Sounds like maybe Tony Soprano wants to try it out for 10 days first

If there's a body in the trunk, wipe off your prints and refuse delivery!
Old 04-04-07, 06:07 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... I absolutely had to have the Dynamic Cruise Control ....
I don't blame you, I won't own another car without dynamic cruise control or touch screen navigation either.

non-dynamic cruise control is virtually worthless in any kind of traffic, even light traffic.

HBH

Quick Reply: Waiting for the Noble Spinel Mica LS.....