LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tinted Windows on my LS-460 - Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-07, 06:17 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxofreak
My car is Verdigris Mica... computer screens
Oh wow, I thought it was Smokey Mica. Doh! Well regardless, it looks stunning!
Old 03-31-07, 08:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

and the last one.
Luxofreak - excellent job. Also excellent photographs. The one of the back of the car shows some details I wasn't aware of. LOVE how subtle the 3rd brake light integrates into the roof line.
Old 03-31-07, 09:38 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks! Now the dillema is to find the "just right" set of wheels.
Old 04-02-07, 08:07 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got it done and I really like the results. I used the non-metalized 3M film that has a lifetime warranty against everything like bubles, fading, change in color, etc...

The install was done by a world tinting award winning guy here in WA.

It's a legal 35% tint and I think it looks pretty classy, I'm very happy with it.
Mine has the same tint and shade...my car is Metallic Silver. Good luck with your quest for looking for rims. I went on a detailed mission for the same and have not been satisfied with the look of larger rims on the car (I've seen both 20" and 22" in person) without having the car lowered...which involves a lot more cash for the suspension, I'm told. The car almost looks jacked up because they try to keep near the same diameter so they increase the size of the rim, decrease the sidewall but you still have all that wheel well space with a thinner tire. Anyone seen something that looks good without lowering? pics? Your car looks great, btw.
Old 04-02-07, 09:52 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

I agree 100% with your above post. I think the biggest I could go without lowering is 19. But I have not found a design that appeals enough. Although that white LS on my WALD post here is a contender if those wheels were made in 19. They're only available in 20.
Old 04-02-07, 10:07 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Why not go with a 'fat' setup, a little bigger overall tire diameter than stock, to fill the fender a bit more?
Old 04-02-07, 10:11 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

That would demand re-calibration of the speedometer and maybe on other electronics that depend on that information to work properly.

Maybe the calibration available in the NAV would work, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 04-02-07, 10:21 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

I agree 100% with your above post. I think the biggest I could go without lowering is 19. But I have not found a design that appeals enough. Although that white LS on my WALD post here is a contender if those wheels were made in 19. They're only available in 20.
I haven't found that either 19" or 20" look much different regarding the "jacked up" look. That's why I decided to stick with the same 18" rims (unfortunately). It seems the less tire you get on the sidewall (from increasing the rim size) the more the car looks jacked up due to the space between the tire and wheel well. If the tire sidewall goes thinner, it actually makes that space look even larger in between the wheel well giving the overall impression of the car being jacked up. If you do want 19" (which I would consider as well), you might consider waiting for the tour package 5-spoke wheel (if you like them). They are available to order now through my dealer..but were to expensive. When more of the tour package cars come out, you'll start seeing them come down in price or find them on ebay much less.
Old 04-02-07, 02:53 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

That 19 that comes with the touring package is a nice wheel, I wonder how it would look like in subtle black chrome.

Talking to my dealer about 19 wheels, they said several calibrations would be necessary and that's why it's offered only on the LS with the air suspension.

Unfortunaltely on the LS, swaping wheels isn't just a Les Schwab trip deal. Lots of electronics.
Old 04-02-07, 03:58 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Really? Mine did not mention any calibration issues with the nav...or anything else. They said only the speedometer would be slightly off..check with them again and let me know what specifics they were referring to...I'd be interested as I am considering the 19" wheels.
Old 04-03-07, 06:54 AM
VIPLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Defenitely looks good!
Old 04-03-07, 07:20 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks good
Old 04-03-07, 08:09 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

My car is Verdigris Mica... computer screens
I don't see that color being offered through Lexus.com? I see Smokey Granite Mica..did you special order the color or am I missing something?
Old 04-03-07, 01:59 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by acecert
I don't see that color being offered through Lexus.com? I see Smokey Granite Mica..did you special order the color or am I missing something?
If you go to lexus.com and build your LS-460, Verdigris Mica is a color option. At least with my zip code punched in. Maybe it's not available to different zip codes?
Old 04-03-07, 07:13 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

My mistake...on my computer, that car looks grey, not green. That color is offered and I overlooked the name because I wasn't looking for it to be a green color. :-)

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows on my LS-460 - Pics inside