LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally got my LS Executive!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 11:44 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PUUUUURRRTY!!!
Old 03-07-07, 11:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pics of your beautiful car

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
PUUUUURRRTY!!!
Yours have the same color interior right ?
Old 03-07-07, 12:22 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I just gotta figure out the wheels.
I obviously would want to do 22's, but would only do that if the car could be lowered. Has anyone successfully lowered a LWB with the Air suspension?

I had an 04 Ultra with the air, and tried using the lowering module, and it did not work, not to mention the support I got was not up to par.

If lowering is not an option, I will go 20" with a higher profile tire.
Old 03-07-07, 01:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG WOW

That is the most amazing ride ever...

Amazing!!!!

Thx for the pics!!!
Old 03-07-07, 03:52 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Yours have the same color interior right ?
Actually, mine is a light grey leather with blackwood. Alabaster is more of a light cream paired with brown burl wood...

MINE

HIS
Old 03-07-07, 03:58 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

Damn that's hot. Rocman you're doing it big all over the place. Congrats
Old 03-07-07, 04:13 PM
clambros
Driver

Awesome vehicle .. congrats !
Old 03-07-07, 05:17 PM
alexusfr
Driver School Candidate

Nice car, I have also ordered the L version Black/Black. I want to get some after market rims. Do any of you have ideas where to buy. I like the rims that you see on the Black 460L in the photo gallery. it is the pic from the rear on the drivers side. They look like 22's but would love the name. If you guys can help that would be great.

thanks
Old 03-07-07, 05:29 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!

The alabaster interior is my favorite
Old 03-07-07, 05:38 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My gawd I want an LS460L Congrats buddy!
Old 03-07-07, 07:25 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rocman
Now I just gotta figure out the wheels.
I obviously would want to do 22's, but would only do that if the car could be lowered. Has anyone successfully lowered a LWB with the Air suspension?

I had an 04 Ultra with the air, and tried using the lowering module, and it did not work, not to mention the support I got was not up to par.

If lowering is not an option, I will go 20" with a higher profile tire.

Based on your previous rides I can't wait to see what you do with the LS!! Nice pick on the white and interior color / wood combination.

I have a weak spot for Full Sized white Luxury Sedans, and thats a nice one there.

I have done 20" wheels on the LS460 numerous times but no 22's yet. I'll paste a link to the one with 20" wheels.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=zone+wheels

Of course you can contact us if you have questions regarding wheels for the LS460. (info below)

Btw your GT is insane with those 20/22" wheels
Old 03-07-07, 07:49 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Based on your previous rides I can't wait to see what you do with the LS!! Nice pick on the white and interior color / wood combination.

I have a weak spot for Full Sized white Luxury Sedans, and thats a nice one there.

I have done 20" wheels on the LS460 numerous times but no 22's yet. I'll paste a link to the one with 20" wheels.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=zone+wheels

Of course you can contact us if you have questions regarding wheels for the LS460. (info below)

Btw your GT is insane with those 20/22" wheels
Thanks! After I got my wheels for the GT, I did not drive it for 2 months waiting for the drop. I hate cars with big wheels and no drop.

Thanks for the link. I think leaning towards the 22's, but have to lower the car first.
I bought wheels for my last LS, and had to sell them because I could not get the lowering module to work.

Aggressive is my middle name when it comes to wheels, but I have not made my decision on this car yet.

First mod on the list is TINT!!!
Old 03-07-07, 08:09 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

I also wanted to give you guys my first impressions.

I drove it to work today. The car is QUIET!! The first thing I noticed was how soft the steering wheel leather was. The Semi-Analine leather is buttery soft, and I just kept finding myself feeling the seats at stop lights.

The motor is so smooth, I can't tell it is on. It's even more smooth than my LS430. The tranny shifts very smooth, and you can barely feels any shifts at all. The seats are very supportive and soft. So soft that I honestly started to fall asleep on the way home when I was stuck at a traffic light. The brake hold is a great innovation!

I'm still breaking it in, so no crazy driving yet, but when I stepped on the pedal, the car really woke up and started moving. It has a nice, deep growl, and can easily keep up with most cars on the street. I did notice that the car drove very soft. I clicked it over to Sport, and it really changed the driving dynamics of the car. The car would not stay flat in turns, and did not bounce like it did in comfort mode.

At lunch, my wife and I got into the back seat and checked out the massage. Well, she loved it! You can control the front seat from the back, and really recline. The sound from the ML in the back seat is insane! Channel separation is very good, and it really makes it seem you are in a much bigger location. Lower bass response is superb. I have been into SQ and SPL cars for 18 years, and this is the best stock system I have ever heard! Even the XM radio sounded like a CD. I usually sounds muffled in my other cars, but not in this LS!

I got to use the trunk opener and closer on the way home today while picking up dinner. Man, I love how easy everything is on this car. I have not tried the auto park yet, but I plan on playing with it. I will never use it in a real life situation, but it's cool to tell people that the car parks itself.

Overall fit & finish is superb! The wood trim is impeccable! Everything is put together like a Bentley. The only thing I wish they would do is a Leather dash. All my other cars had that, and this car is so much nicer.

In comparison to the car I traded in, the M5, the LS blows it away in the luxury department. The M is much more of a driver's car with the High revving V10 and over 500HP, but the reliability of the M, combined with the oil burning (quart every 500 miles), recalls, tranny failures, and little fit & finish problems, make the LS a no-brainer! MY WIFE & I ARE HAPPY CAMPERS!

Now I can't wait to take it to my local dealer to show them!
Old 03-07-07, 09:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Actually, mine is a light grey leather with blackwood. Alabaster is more of a light cream paired with brown burl wood...
Thanx, I only remember your leather is very light in color
Old 03-07-07, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, indeed the car is very "white" inside and out!!!!! that's just sick rocman very nice car you got there. congrats again on scoring this baby!

so you are saying the ML sound when in the backseats is even better than in the front?

Quick Reply: Finally got my LS Executive!!