LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Actual Cost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 05:10 PM
Patric
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. I didn't think you could get the rear DVD unit in the SWB. I thought you had to go the LWB route to get that.

No. 2 would be my choice.

Pat
Old 01-02-07, 06:23 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MarsB007
Just got a deal on the loaded LS460 SWB... $71,900 but it includes the stupid $2800 rear DVD option. Theoretically, that puts me about $2200 under MSRP had I opted to not go with the DVD entertainment package. What do you guys think?

Second thing... need help to choose color now...

1. Smoky Granite (dark grey)/Black Leather
or
2. Mercury Metallic (silver)/Grey Leather

Which one would you guys choose?
My vote is for #2. Of course I'm partial to Mercury Metallic, gray leather and the Bird's Eye Maple since that's what I have. The Bird's Eye is perfect with the black dash and gray leather. I also like the Metallic because it goes well with the standard gray wheels and so, will probably pass on the Lexus chrome wheels. There's also a five window medium tint that adds to the great looking exterior. I am so happy with the lighter color after two Black Onyx vehicles.
Old 01-02-07, 06:24 PM
MarsB007
Driver

It's actually the poor-man's DVD option in the SWB. It's an Advent headrest replacement. What you essentially get is 2x 7'' screens, each with an aux input, 2 sets of wireless headsets, etc... It's an aftermarket add-on... not a factory installed option.

Either way, they're throwing it in for MSRP essentially.
Old 01-02-07, 07:49 PM
ss350z
Driver School Candidate

So, my 70 yr. old parents just ordered a new ls460. They asked me if they did OK, since they had to pay MSRP. You'd think they would have asked me this yesterday, before they ordered.

Is anyone getting below MSRP, for these cars right now?

They were able to order the vehicle for delivery in 3-4 months with exactly what they wanted on it, and paid around 71,000.

Last edited by ss350z; 01-02-07 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 06:23 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's actually the poor-man's DVD option in the SWB. It's an Advent headrest replacement. What you essentially get is 2x 7'' screens, each with an aux input, 2 sets of wireless headsets, etc... It's an aftermarket add-on... not a factory installed option.

Either way, they're throwing it in for MSRP essentially.
You may want to verify this because as far as I know power headrests can not be altered or replaced with aftermarket stuff. In addition to that, they can't modify the existing ones because they come with an airbag and no one would want to touch that. Just make sure that your dealer is not pulling your leg. I've seen that done before
Old 01-03-07, 06:38 AM
wufrenchie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys im new to the lex family
i purchased or i should say leased a Ls460L this past saturday. msrp on it was the fully loaded 85947, i got them to to 82500. Im leasing it at 48months, no money down and the payments are rounghly 1400 so im sitting here debating if purchasing the car would work out better for me in the long run.. paying 67k to rent a car that is 86k for 4yrs seems wayyy to much obviously.. previously had the 7 and 6series.. and i want to say that i only paid half of what the car was worth.. what are your guys thoughts on this.. should i change the loan terms and just purchase the thing
* keep in mind this is my first ever purchase/lease.. the husband did the other 2 cars and i wasnt present
Old 01-03-07, 08:05 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Ask them to show you the terms for a buy vs. a lease so you can see the difference. Not sure if it works the same way in Colorado as California but here if you buy then you have to pay all the sales tax up front and therefore you end up financing the tax. If you lease you only pay sales tax on your monthly rent.

Basically, it usually comes down to how long you think you will keep the car. The longer you plan to keep the car the more I would tend towards buying vs. leasing.
Old 01-03-07, 08:06 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wufrenchie
i purchased or i should say leased a Ls460L this past saturday. msrp on it was the fully loaded 85947, i got them to to 82500. Im leasing it at 48months, no money down and the payments are rounghly 1400 so im sitting here debating if purchasing the car would work out better for me in the long run.. paying 67k to rent a car that is 86k for 4yrs seems wayyy to much obviously.. previously had the 7 and 6series.. and i want to say that i only paid half of what the car was worth.. what are your guys thoughts on this.. should i change the loan terms and just purchase the thing
* keep in mind this is my first ever purchase/lease.. the husband did the other 2 cars and i wasnt present
Wow!

Just buy it. You'll be happy with it, and any less luxurious car will no longer be sufficient to suit your driving/comfort needs after having the LS for 4 years...
Old 01-05-07, 06:08 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Originally Posted by wufrenchie
What is the residual after 4 years on this transaction?
Old 01-10-07, 04:14 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

Originally Posted by Threxx
I don't intend to even consider buying one until I can get one for about 1000 over invoice, if not less. The spread between invoice and MSRP on these cars is ridiculously huge - and of course even at invoice the dealer still makes kick backs and bonuses on the sales.

If they never come down that low in price, then I guess I'll never be getting one...

i'm sorry to say, i don't think you'll ever see an LS sold for 1000 over invoice.

but, the most important factor to consider is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! i like to read the ever popular "how much" posts, but people always tend to forget that you will pay different prices depending on where you live. just check out www.edmunds.com, they give a great comparison to what people are paying in your area (or whatever area you choose).
Old 01-15-07, 04:35 PM
MarsB007
Driver

Originally Posted by dimapb
You may want to verify this because as far as I know power headrests can not be altered or replaced with aftermarket stuff. In addition to that, they can't modify the existing ones because they come with an airbag and no one would want to touch that. Just make sure that your dealer is not pulling your leg. I've seen that done before
I have the old headrests in the trunk. There was nothing in there as far as I could tell. Why would the headrests have airbags in them? Curtain airbags are in the B-pillar I think.

Either way, it was $71900 including the 2 screens.
Old 01-15-07, 06:14 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the old headrests in the trunk. There was nothing in there as far as I could tell. Why would the headrests have airbags in them? Curtain airbags are in the B-pillar I think.

Either way, it was $71900 including the 2 screens.
Great. I guess my dealer was not honest with me, because I asked for the same thing and was told it's impossible. Well, wont be the first time. I would love to get same setup for my car. Can you tell me where your dealer ordered yours from or any other info you can provide would be great. Can you also post pics please. You just got me all excited. I know the kids would be so happy too. They've been asking me to put one in, but I didn't want to get one that just hangs on the seat. I wish I could get the factory TV w/out the exec package. Anyway, sorry for giving you wrong info.

Last edited by dimapb; 01-15-07 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 09:10 PM
MarsB007
Driver

First, it appears we have the Invision screens, and not the Advent ones. I took a look at both, and they seem to be the same quality. The Advent screens are a little more streamlined (no input jacks).

Either way, here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Actual Cost-imgp0983.jpg  
Old 01-15-07, 09:11 PM
MarsB007
Driver

and a view of both of them...
Attached Thumbnails Actual Cost-imgp0986-1.jpg