Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS460, LS460L and LS600h
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Correct 20" and 22" Wheel and Tire size for SWB LS460

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-06, 08:31 AM   #1
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default Correct 20" and 22" Wheel and Tire size for SWB LS460

I'm taking delivery of my SWB Black/Black LS460 today. Can someone confirm my observation for the correct wheel and tire size?

PCD 120MM

20"

Front 20X9 245/40/20 Offset 33

Rear 20x10 275/35/20 Offset 35

22"

Front: 22x9 245/30/22 Offset 33

Rear 22x10 295/25/22 Offset 35
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-06, 06:32 AM   #2
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Since nobody on this forum can reply since car is so new, I just tried some 20" Bryton's on Saturaday (so I can roll it out on Saturaday night without looking like a driver) and it fits perfect with no rubbing. The ride is still too soft for my taste though. I already took the 20" off and decided to go for 22" since 20" look a bit small for my taste. Also I still haven't figured out how I'm going to lower the car since my car have the air suspension. With the 20" I had... my car look like a off-roader sitting so high.... I can finally confirm that the correct wheel size is PCD120. The wheel size I put on was

Front 20X9.5 offset 38 (5mm spacer) Tire size 245/40/20 Correct wheels should be about 33 offset
Rear 20X10.5 offset 25 (no spacer). Tire size 275/35/20

New lug nuts are neccessary to install these rims. Also need new center rings since these rims are made for the BMW.

Last edited by hybrids14; 11-19-06 at 07:00 AM..
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-06, 12:44 PM   #3
pvo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)
 
pvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 705
Default

Wow these offsets are a lot lower than the LS430's. Pics please.
__________________
Phu
2010 RX350 - Matador Red Mica
SOLD - 2004 LS430, 2001 RX300, 2001 IS300, 1997 SC300, 1996 ES300
pvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 02:13 PM   #4
DKNY
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrids14 View Post
I'm taking delivery of my SWB Black/Black LS460 today. Can someone confirm my observation for the correct wheel and tire size?

PCD 120MM

20"

Front 20X9 245/40/20 Offset 33

Rear 20x10 275/35/20 Offset 35

22"

Front: 22x9 245/30/22 Offset 33

Rear 22x10 295/25/22 Offset 35
bolt patern is 5x120 correct?

Last edited by DKNY; 11-20-06 at 02:23 PM..
DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 02:19 PM   #5
DKNY
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 71
Default

the rims I want have these specs, will they fit?

front(245/40/20) 20 x 8.5, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 40
rear (275/35/20) 20 x 10, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 22

this is for SWB
DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 03:51 PM   #6
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNY View Post
bolt patern is 5x120 correct?
Correct...
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 04:01 PM   #7
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNY View Post
the rims I want have these specs, will they fit?

front(245/40/20) 20 x 8.5, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 40
rear (275/35/20) 20 x 10, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 22

this is for SWB
It is possible that this set would fit, can't be 100% sure since rim design also plays a factor. But you still would need spacers, special lug nuts, and hubcentric rings. When I put on my set, there is a machine shop down the block, I just put it on so I can have a set to play with before my 22" is done. I still would recommand you getting a custom forged set made for your car.

P.S. I'm putting on another set of 20" this week. Specs are:
Front 20X9J Offset 30 245/30/20
Front 20X10J Offset 23 275/35/20
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 07:20 PM   #8
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
SoCalSC4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cali
Posts: 4,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNY View Post
the rims I want have these specs, will they fit?

front(245/40/20) 20 x 8.5, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 40
rear (275/35/20) 20 x 10, bolt pattern 5x120, offset 22

this is for SWB
+

Those front wheels are actually a little more inboard than the OE wheels.
This means the front wheels and/or tires will probably rub the front sway bar when turned at full-lock. Just a heads-up!

We've delivered about a dozen sets of wheels for the new LS so far; I'm trying to get our distributors to get some pictures. Testing has revealed that our
19/20x8.5 front & rear and
19/20x8.5 front & 19/20x10 rear set-ups work great and do not create any issues with park assist, traction control, cruise control, or ABS on both long and short wheelbase cars. So far, all of these sets have been sold to Lexus dealers!
__________________
Member, Low Enforcement
SoCalSC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 07:09 AM   #9
DKNY
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSC4 View Post
+

Those front wheels are actually a little more inboard than the OE wheels.
This means the front wheels and/or tires will probably rub the front sway bar when turned at full-lock. Just a heads-up!

We've delivered about a dozen sets of wheels for the new LS so far; I'm trying to get our distributors to get some pictures. Testing has revealed that our
19/20x8.5 front & rear and
19/20x8.5 front & 19/20x10 rear set-ups work great and do not create any issues with park assist, traction control, cruise control, or ABS on both long and short wheelbase cars. So far, all of these sets have been sold to Lexus dealers!
can you post pictures of the rims you selling?
DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 05:23 AM   #10
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrids14 View Post
Since nobody on this forum can reply since car is so new, I just tried some 20" Bryton's on Saturaday (so I can roll it out on Saturaday night without looking like a driver) and it fits perfect with no rubbing. The ride is still too soft for my taste though. I already took the 20" off and decided to go for 22" since 20" look a bit small for my taste. Also I still haven't figured out how I'm going to lower the car since my car have the air suspension. With the 20" I had... my car look like a off-roader sitting so high.... I can finally confirm that the correct wheel size is PCD120. The wheel size I put on was

Front 20X9.5 offset 38 (5mm spacer) Tire size 245/40/20 Correct wheels should be about 33 offset
Rear 20X10.5 offset 25 (no spacer). Tire size 275/35/20

New lug nuts are neccessary to install these rims. Also need new center rings since these rims are made for the BMW.
The center ring for the Lexus is 60.1mm while the X5 have a center ring of 72.6mm, therefore, please make sure that you're getting a 60.1mm center ring with bolt patter 5x120 if you are planning to custom order your wheels from CL vendors. Almost all the custom forging wheel company can make this wheel easily. D2 autosport knows the correct fitment since he already did a couple sets of custom wheels. I believe he has Zone and Maya wheels that fits perfect.
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 02:06 AM   #11
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSC4 View Post
+

Those front wheels are actually a little more inboard than the OE wheels.
This means the front wheels and/or tires will probably rub the front sway bar when turned at full-lock. Just a heads-up!

We've delivered about a dozen sets of wheels for the new LS so far; I'm trying to get our distributors to get some pictures. Testing has revealed that our
19/20x8.5 front & rear and
19/20x8.5 front & 19/20x10 rear set-ups work great and do not create any issues with park assist, traction control, cruise control, or ABS on both long and short wheelbase cars. So far, all of these sets have been sold to Lexus dealers!
awesome bob, that's good to know that you guys have stuff all lined up already
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 12:11 PM   #12
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrids14 View Post
The center ring for the Lexus is 60.1mm while the X5 have a center ring of 72.6mm, therefore, please make sure that you're getting a 60.1mm center ring with bolt patter 5x120 if you are planning to custom order your wheels from CL vendors. Almost all the custom forging wheel company can make this wheel easily. D2 autosport knows the correct fitment since he already did a couple sets of custom wheels. I believe he has Zone and Maya wheels that fits perfect.
Just confirmed Japan has a set of reversed lip rim that fit correctly on the LS460 called Godfather Barbatos

【Size】   20in 8.5J +20 , 9.5J +20
【P.C.D】  120
【Hole】   10
【Size】   (F)245/35/20 , (R)275/30/20
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-06, 11:13 PM   #13
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,013
Default

gosh, i am really excited now. those are some very low offsets setup for the car!!! can't wait to see how wheels on the car is in person
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 03:50 PM   #14
BUSTN
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
BUSTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 813
Default

Please place a for sale post in the Wheels forum

Last edited by LexFather; 12-11-06 at 06:42 PM..
BUSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 11:32 AM   #15
hybrids14
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 81
Default

I am curious what is the wheel width, offset, and size of the hubcentric ring for these wheels?
__________________


2007 LS460 Black/Black 20" wheels for now!
2001 S2000 F20C Silver/Red
1997 Evolution 4G63 2.4L GT40R Lamboghini Red/Black
1997 S14 Silvia RB26DETT Black/Black

Last edited by LexFather; 12-11-06 at 06:42 PM..
hybrids14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 11:32 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
20x9, 22, 460, d2, fit, japan, lexus, ls, ls460, maya, put, rims, set, size, tires, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info