LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

just saw a LS460 on the road ( mercedes S class is in trouble )

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 03:53 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just saw a LS460 on the road ( mercedes S class is in trouble )

boy is it big, nice and big. It looks really nice. it seems to look bigger than the bmw 7 series and benz S class.

it is distinctively lexus styled, whoever said it looks like a copy of benz or bmw is obviously bias towards japanese cars.

mercedes S class is in trouble, they SCREWED up big time with the lastest design. That radius'd wheel wells look nasty nasty nasty.

Last edited by mikemareen; 11-15-06 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-15-06, 04:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw a new LS 460 L yesterday, gorgeous!!! The vehicle had Lexus of Glendale plates and was black, which brings out the chrome highlights real well. The vehicle looked big, imposing, and elegant.

Sleek and sophisticated.
Old 11-15-06, 04:03 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it may look bigger but the fact is, its size is between the E and the S
Old 11-15-06, 04:07 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

When I was at Taste of Lexus, my impression was that the new LS 460 L is the size of the S550.
Old 11-15-06, 05:32 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
it may look bigger but the fact is, its size is between the E and the S
I really think it is the perfect size. It is not too big to make it hard to manuever and not too small that me or my back seat passengers are cramped (like my E). Just right!
Old 11-15-06, 05:57 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I parked next to an LS 460L today (I was at Lexus USA's trraining center, there were at least a dozen new LSs)... that is a BIG car. When sitting in my lowered 2GS, I looked over at the new LS... and looked right straight at the door handle!

Love that car
Old 11-15-06, 06:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Well based on the measurements I would say they are quite similar in size. From the front I think the Benz design has a bit more detail and the hood emblem helps. The LS front end is very nice and more streamlined looking. From the rear however, the LS clearly looks better IMO, the wedge-shaped S-class design looks downright old-fashioned.

I happen to prefer the side profile of the LS more as well.
Old 11-16-06, 04:32 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JJG430
Don't get me wrong I only drive Lexus but the LS460L isn't even in the same league as the S550.
Wrong. It is in the same league and you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 11-16-06, 06:15 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luxury1
Wrong. It is in the same league and you don't know what you are talking about.
I would have to disagree. The S550 is an overpriced, unreliable, ugly piece of junk. It is definitely not in the same league as the LS460L.
Old 11-16-06, 07:54 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Don't get me wrong I only drive Lexus but the LS460L isn't even in the same league as the S550. The S550 is also way bigger looking. I had them parked next to eachother.
You seem to have some kind of vendetta.

I would have to disagree. The S550 is an overpriced, unreliable, ugly piece of junk. It is definitely not in the same league as the LS460L.
And so do you.

The S-Class and LS are in the same class for sure, but targetted to different buyers. That's very evident.
Old 11-16-06, 11:16 AM
Stevekil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
You seem to have some kind of vendetta.

And so do you.

The S-Class and LS are in the same class for sure, but targetted to different buyers. That's very evident.
I agree with you. This maniacal mud slinging game is not necessary. LS is a truly phenomenal design and S550 is awesome too. They both became gold standards due to sheer innovation, quality and engineering acumen.

S-class slipped in quality from 1999 onwards ...

On the other hand there are hardcore lemons like XJ which have sold junk for at least 3 decades during the the entire 60s-90s period. Even now their fuel tanks leak and electrical circuits catch fire and the news is quickly suppressed by the media.

They also appropriate others' work and pass it off under their own brand name, like it was with aluminum bodies. This is plain marketing propaganda.

Imagine Lexus selling a vehicle as engineered as XJ for even 3-4 years instead of 3-4 decades. The entire brand will be destroyed forever. Forever. I can bet my entire savings and assets on this one.

Only the british can afford to sell total lemons as works of art, "part of their character", storied brand, a classic, "best car in the world", timeless elegance, fabled marque... The lavish praise that rabid media reserves exclusively for such brands should be noticed by those who care about excellence and not propaganda.

If LS tries this kind of deception-even the S-class or Audi A8- they will immediately face dreadful consequences by the customers.
Old 11-16-06, 08:02 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

You guys must have never seen an S in person becuase it makes the LS seem like an IS when it comes to size
I see a W221, W220 and four generations of LS's everyday.

To say that the LS460 doesn't 'look' as big as the W221 must mean you're either
a) blind
b) lying
c) a fanboy.

Either way, my condolences.
Old 11-16-06, 10:36 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys must have never seen an S in person becuase it makes the LS seem like an IS when it comes to size
i've seen both.. i really dont' see that much of a difference in size... also the new S styling isn't all that great... i like the previous model a lot better... everytime i look at the S... i think...... what did they do... i can't quite figure out which part is the front... it's so wierdly shaped...
Old 11-16-06, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

actually i happened to sit and drove one. i didn't say it's bigger or not, but that mild change is not even close to put two cars into different league. like i said in the other thread, you can separate two cars all you want, none of us here will stop you, but all i can tell you is you are all by yourself. pretty much everyone out there (and those with reputations as well) put them in the same league period
Old 11-18-06, 10:22 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Sorry to be picking on you too JJ , I can somewhat understand what you're saying IF you're not a car person. Well the new s is longer than the regular 460 though.

I guess because LS has smooth shape/line (or lack of sharp line) that makes it unnoticeable whereas the w221 has lines here and there that seems to break up the car in different sections visually where one can say it "seems" smaller, BUT not IS smaller

Plus the w221 has a big-droopy *** that makes the car look big too

Quick Reply: just saw a LS460 on the road ( mercedes S class is in trouble )