LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 pics with 19 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-06, 06:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I visited the dealership today hoping to drive an LS. No cigar. They had about 5 cars but since they were all sold, I couldn't drive one. I did get the chance to play around with it, touch and feel it. Sit in the rear recliners. The car is awesome. Amazingly, I didn't even notice the wheels. The car is that sweet. I'm an addicted wheel modder and I didn't even check the size or really notice the style. I just kept staring at that beautiful long sleek body. Lexus has a sure fire hit!
Old 11-11-06, 11:57 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension

[QUOTE=bitkahuna;2234031]Congrats on your LS460L. I believe the air suspension is an option for the SWB and LWB though, right?

From what I understand at the dealer and in the Lexus website, the AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension/electronic suspension) is only available in the L version and not the SWB version. Perhaps others will learn differently but that's what I understand. Not sure if special ordering would make a difference so that's another approach.

There is a noticeable difference in the 3 available settings and it also allows height adjustment (dedicated button for this). As others have noted, the normal and comfort settings are a bit on the soft side (for me anyway) and so going to a more hard core sport setting would have been preferred. I keep it set to sport generally but do switch to normal for particularly rough roads and it definetly helps. If you see speed bumps coming then quickly switch over to normal/comfort. Haven't tried the comfort setting yet for any real use as it seems like it may be too soft for my taste but is probably useful for others.

The flexibility of the air suspension was a must have for me and then combined with the Touring Package elements was just the right fit for me anyway.
Old 11-12-06, 01:55 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the LS at the Lexus dealer today too. Longo is selling them like mad. I saw at least seven LS's roaming the parking lot in and out in various stages of test drive. The car is darn impressive. Looks plain mean. Congrats to the owners, seriously.
Old 11-12-06, 03:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
There is a noticeable difference in the 3 available settings and it also allows height adjustment (dedicated button for this). As others have noted, the normal and comfort settings are a bit on the soft side (for me anyway) and so going to a more hard core sport setting would have been preferred. I keep it set to sport generally but do switch to normal for particularly rough roads and it definetly helps. If you see speed bumps coming then quickly switch over to normal/comfort. Haven't tried the comfort setting yet for any real use as it seems like it may be too soft for my taste but is probably useful for others.

The flexibility of the air suspension was a must have for me and then combined with the Touring Package elements was just the right fit for me anyway.
Thank you so much for the great feedback. That's cool about ride height. Maybe that's why a pic of an LS I saw with 19's (touring pkg - maybe yours) seemed to have a huge front wheel gap to the fender above - maybe it was due to the height setting? Also, does the car automatically go 'high' height when going into park or anything? That would be nice for getting in/out of the vehicle.

Thanks again for any insight.
Old 11-13-06, 12:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't really like those 5 spokes 19s on the ls460, doesn't look good, somehow they look very plain.

i agree with andrew i think the 7 spoke ones on the ls600hl look so much nicer
Old 11-16-06, 12:16 AM
MR.FG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DPRSupra
this'll spice it up and show the potential Auto COuture style

Auto Couture definitely makes a nice rim, and that combination is absolutely lethal, I want one.
Old 11-16-06, 04:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't really like those 5 spokes 19s on the ls460, doesn't look good, somehow they look very plain.

i agree with andrew i think the 7 spoke ones on the ls600hl look so much nicer
I agree completely.
Old 11-16-06, 06:58 AM
trentpa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In person, the 5-spoke wheel is very sharp and strong-looking, something that doesn't come across as well in photographs.
Old 11-16-06, 08:00 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

The five spokes in the first post are very blase. I guess you can like it, but it's just another set of rims.

I've seen them on the W211 many times before.

The seven spokes on the LS600 look very classy, I wonder if they'll have the same effect on your eyes like the LS430 stock rims did later on in the year. They had some kind of angle on the wheels so if you looked at them they'd look really really different.

The AutoCorture ones are just bling bling. I dunno if it adds to the class of the car. If I was setting it up for my dad or something, I'd pass immediately on those. If the car were for me, I'd go for them in a heartbeat -- anything that detracts from the front of the car (uggglly) is great by me