LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Five Star Wheels in the Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-06, 09:52 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finch
Thanks for the beta Hendjaz. I ordered the Touring L and the dealer I ordered from was short on these facts; while another said it did have heat "and probably cool", and that the seats were adjustable but just did not include memory buttons. Disappointing that it would not have at least the adjustable seats, or the option to include the luxury package; equally so that the dealers don't have better information.
Finch, I understand where you are coming from. When I placed the order with my dealer I told them luxury and touring only to be told can't have both. So I ended up just getting the luxury package, no Rear Seat Upgrade, and adding the air suspension on the options list, along with many others. Get to keep the trunk space and have cooled rear seats. Hopefully in the 08 model Lexus will revisit what option packages one can get.
Old 11-04-06, 10:02 AM
finch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hendjaz
What color combination did you order? I was advised that exterior colors were black, granite and silver. Did you get the same info? Time for delivery?

I don't usually defend dealers (nor really attack them either) but in their defense I gather that not too many dealers have actually received a Touring L yet so they haven't had a chance to actually see it in person and see how it is actually optioned. Will be interesting to see if a more flexible combination of options becomes available later in the model year.

I would expect/hope to see AWD later in the 07 model year (maybe after introduction of the 600Lh?) or the 08 model and may trade for that if it is avaiable with the touring package. I am not sure I would add the rear seat upgrades because of the intrusion into the trunk area. With the full size trunk and the extended length, the Touring L is my SUV substitute as it will carry a lot of stuff (with the combination of the large rear seat area and full size trunk) and in grand style and handling.

Same color combo as you have (silver/black); it was down to the silver or granite, I don't think you could go wrong with either. Dealer I ordered with qouted 30-60 days from order to delivery (ordered a week and a 1/2 ago); another dealer that I was talking to put the time period at 2-4 months. (Dealer I ordered with does much higher volume, so I guess they may get some preferencing.)
Old 11-04-06, 11:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Don't think so, maybe they don't think an executive riding at the back cares for a more sportily tuned/stiffer suspension ?
did they say anywhere on lexus.com that the exec is only with luxury package? couldn't find much info about it (and also couldn't find info about the touring not going with luxury as well)

if that doesn't work out, i guess my hope is that the touring package front sway bars will fit on normal ls460l?

damn, i shouldn't look into options now @_@
Old 11-05-06, 11:25 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

JJG, if you do not get the Touring, you will not get the larger rotors & the 19" rims, along with the AVS & VGRS. AVS & VGRS can be added on as a stand-alone option though, MSRP on that is $2,120. Not sure if there are luxury package LS460(L)'s with the AVS & VGRS option floating around, may be special order only. The Luxury package gives you heating & cooled rear seats, power rear seats & headrests with memory, along with rear-seat side airbags and upgraded leather & headliner. That is what I see on the website at least for the LS460L, if I am incorrect on anything, hopefully those that have the car can correct me or add to the above.
Old 11-06-06, 12:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

gs430 guy is pretty much right on. with touring package it also has a different front sway bar, the KEY why the 19" touring wheels will fit on the car but not on the normal ls460
Old 11-11-06, 06:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
damn, i shouldn't look into options now @_@
LOL, I know you're itching to get one.

Sell the modded SC and you're half way there!
Old 11-12-06, 07:05 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The touring package is the ultimate LS460L...

Originally Posted by JJG430
Ok after looking on Lexus I am confused. So to get 19's I have to go touring? What is the diff in touring and Lux? What don't I get if I go touring? Am I better to go Lux and get my own wheels aftermarket? Confused and out of energy over this drama I just want to roll!!!
for handling and can not be duplicated easily by after market modding. The steering rack on the TP has special stops to keep the 19"x8" wheel/tires from rubbing the wheelwells when parking and comes with the nifty variable gear steering shaft which goes lock to lock in 2.5 turns. The air suspension has tauter combination then the stand alone air suspension and it lowers the car almost half an inch. There is probably a space or system conflict that precludes getting the Lux package in conjunction with the TP. Ironically Lexus had a handbuilt prototype that had exactly that combination on display at Taste of Lexus. They warned us that we wouldn't be able to order it that way.....

The brakes have been surprisingly good on the standard LS460/460L but the beefy 14 inch spiral ventilated front rotors (13 inch back) and high friction brakes should add emphasis to panic stops....

We just special ordered a couple TP's in Black and Silver but they will be for Feb. or March delivery.

IMO Touring package trumps Lux package....

Rock
Old 11-12-06, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Rockville
for handling and can not be duplicated easily by after market modding. The steering rack on the TP has special stops to keep the 19"x8" wheel/tires from rubbing the wheelwells when parking and comes with the nifty variable gear steering shaft which goes lock to lock in 2.5 turns. The air suspension has tauter combination then the stand alone air suspension and it lowers the car almost half an inch. There is probably a space or system conflict that precludes getting the Lux package in conjunction with the TP. Ironically Lexus had a handbuilt prototype that had exactly that combination on display at Taste of Lexus. They warned us that we wouldn't be able to order it that way.....

The brakes have been surprisingly good on the standard LS460/460L but the beefy 14 inch spiral ventilated front rotors (13 inch back) and high friction brakes should add emphasis to panic stops....

We just special ordered a couple TP's in Black and Silver but they will be for Feb. or March delivery.

IMO Touring package trumps Lux package....

Rock
among all the stuff on the TP i guess the steering upgrade is the one that i really look into. everything else there can always be a "fix". it's going to be a real torn decision. handling and driving is high up on the list for us (me and my wife), but luxury is almost hand in hand with this car that we look for..... so it seems like ls460l with exec package can't have TP? that really blows....

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
LOL, I know you're itching to get one.

Sell the modded SC and you're half way there!
hald way what? divorce case?