LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Five Star Wheels in the Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-06, 07:39 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brt3
We'd love to see a nice side pic where the wheels/tires are clearly visible...
Hint, hint...

brt3, here you go, with thanks to LexArazzo.
Attached Thumbnails Five Star Wheels in the Commercials-cimg0181-medium-.jpg  
Old 11-01-06, 07:42 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Default Touring L Picture

Hint, hint...
Here's another angle.
Attached Thumbnails Five Star Wheels in the Commercials-cimg0182-medium-.jpg  
Old 11-01-06, 07:46 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Default Touring L Picture 3

Hint, hint...

Final one, more from the front with full side view.
Attached Thumbnails Five Star Wheels in the Commercials-cimg0180-medium-.jpg  
Old 11-01-06, 08:42 PM
brt3
Driver

Man, what a beauty! Our car is a near twin -- LS460L w/Mercury metallic, gray leather, & dark gray wood -- and has everything except the Touring package. Your pics have me very tempted to upgrade to the 19-inchers. What tires is Lexus delivering with that package?
Old 11-01-06, 10:04 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Default Touring L Tires

Man, what a beauty! Our car is a near twin -- LS460L w/Mercury metallic, gray leather, & dark gray wood -- and has everything except the Touring package. Your pics have me very tempted to upgrade to the 19-inchers. What tires is Lexus delivering with that package?

The Touring Package includes 245/45R/19 Y-rated summer tires. In my case they are Bridgestone Turanza ER33. Tirerack shows this and a Dunlop tire as the two OEM tires for the 19" option.

The OEM performance summer tire should be perfect for the Bay Area climate but for Seattle I'm considering putting the summer tires away for the winter and getting the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 performance winter tire to make sure the LS stays on the road during our occasional snow events. I like the look of the OEM 19" wheels so will keep them on year around.
Old 11-02-06, 12:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ah 19s look so much more "ratio" to the car.

brt, my guess is on the 19s, the tire profile is 5% less than that of the 18s?
Old 11-02-06, 09:27 AM
brt3
Driver

Here's the comparison:

18s: 27.25" diameter; 4.63 sidewall height; 740.06 revs per mile; 60.00 mph
19s: 27.68" diameter; 4.34 sidewall height; 728.59 revs per mile; 59.07 mph

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

Looks like 19s may be in the cards for us...
Old 11-02-06, 09:55 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Here's the comparison:

18s: 27.25" diameter; 4.63 sidewall height; 740.06 revs per mile; 60.00 mph
19s: 27.68" diameter; 4.34 sidewall height; 728.59 revs per mile; 59.07 mph

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

Looks like 19s may be in the cards for us...

My understanding from the tech people at the dealer is that the touring wheels and tires will not fit on the non-touring L due to brake or other physical limitations.

I could have bought a non-touring L but when I asked about substituting the 19" wheels/tires and paying the difference they said it wouldn't work. Perhaps some after market solution will be available.
Old 11-02-06, 10:02 AM
brt3
Driver

Originally Posted by hendjaz
My understanding from the tech people at the dealer is that the touring wheels and tires will not fit on the non-touring L due to brake or other physical limitations.
Hmmm... Our car had, at delivery, a clear window sticker (now removed) that mentioned you could only use the factory 18s OR 19s with the factory specified tires. Does anyone else out there still have their sticker?
Old 11-03-06, 12:24 PM
finch
Driver School Candidate

Default Touring Package

Does anyone know whether with the Touring Package you also get heat/cool rear seats; adjustable rear seats and headrests; and folding rear seat? Thank you in advance.

--Atticus
Old 11-03-06, 12:52 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by finch
Does anyone know whether with the Touring Package you also get heat/cool rear seats; adjustable rear seats and headrests; and folding rear seat? Thank you in advance.

--Atticus

Yes the Touring L has heated rear seats and adjustable headrests. No it does not have rear cooled or adjustable seats. Those features are included in rear seat upgrade packages that are not available in the Touring L.

No version has folding rear seats that I am aware of. The Touring L does have a locking pass through door from the trunk to the rear seats for long objects and a full size trunk, neither of which is available if one gets the rear seat upgrade packages in the non-touring L.

They don't make it easy to get everything you want do they?
Old 11-04-06, 01:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Yes the Touring L has heated rear seats and adjustable headrests. No it does not have rear cooled or adjustable seats. Those features are included in rear seat upgrade packages that are not available in the Touring L.

No version has folding rear seats that I am aware of. The Touring L does have a locking pass through door from the trunk to the rear seats for long objects and a full size trunk, neither of which is available if one gets the rear seat upgrade packages in the non-touring L.

They don't make it easy to get everything you want do they?
none of the LS has folding seats. actually i don't think any of the lexus sedans has it?

it's indeed a shame that you can get rear seat upgrade on the touring package (i am pretty confused about all the options since i am not at that stage yet), i hope they could be more flexible in the future.

do they have touring package with the exec package?
Old 11-04-06, 04:43 AM
finch
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the beta Hendjaz. I ordered the Touring L and the dealer I ordered from was short on these facts; while another said it did have heat "and probably cool", and that the seats were adjustable but just did not include memory buttons. Disappointing that it would not have at least the adjustable seats, or the option to include the luxury package; equally so that the dealers don't have better information.
Old 11-04-06, 07:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
do they have touring package with the exec package?
Don't think so, maybe they don't think an executive riding at the back cares for a more sportily tuned/stiffer suspension ?
Old 11-04-06, 09:08 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by finch
Thanks for the beta Hendjaz. I ordered the Touring L and the dealer I ordered from was short on these facts; while another said it did have heat "and probably cool", and that the seats were adjustable but just did not include memory buttons. Disappointing that it would not have at least the adjustable seats, or the option to include the luxury package; equally so that the dealers don't have better information.

What color combination did you order? I was advised that exterior colors were black, granite and silver. Did you get the same info? Time for delivery?

I don't usually defend dealers (nor really attack them either) but in their defense I gather that not too many dealers have actually received a Touring L yet so they haven't had a chance to actually see it in person and see how it is actually optioned. Will be interesting to see if a more flexible combination of options becomes available later in the model year.

I would expect/hope to see AWD later in the 07 model year (maybe after introduction of the 600Lh?) or the 08 model and may trade for that if it is avaiable with the touring package. I am not sure I would add the rear seat upgrades because of the intrusion into the trunk area. With the full size trunk and the extended length, the Touring L is my SUV substitute as it will carry a lot of stuff (with the combination of the large rear seat area and full size trunk) and in grand style and handling.

Quick Reply: Five Star Wheels in the Commercials