LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I found one big problem/downer for me at least!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 01:19 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I found one big problem/downer for me at least!

I go for lunch with my friends ever day, usually 5 or more of us and we switch out who drives. Well my car is the favorite when their is just 5 of us and three sit in the back. We are all normal sized guys 5'10 or so and three fit comfortably in my back seat, sometime even me if I let one of them drive my car.

Anyways last Sunday I went to the Miami Auto show and sat in the LS460 with the adjustable back seats. Now this is the Short wheel base but has the upgrade back seats which both recline slightly. I thought this was a cool option to have ad was excited about it, until I sat in the middle position. My head was totally rubbing the ceiling. The two left and right sides are not attached to the center section because of their sliding feature. Well there might be some wires or something underneath the center section because it actually sits higher up than the two sides.

Well this new 2007 car will actually be smaller and more uncomfortable than my 1998 car. This was a huge disappointment for me. now in looking thru some of my LS460 pictures I found some of the base back seat and the reclining back seat. From the pictures I have it does look like the base back bench is solid and the center may actually be the same height or close to the side one.

the point is if you do like taking three male adults in the back (Yes I wish they were female) seat you may wish to not get that reclining option. Please when you all go to the dealers to see this test out the center back seat and let us know if you fit. I guess also tell us you height, I'm 5'8 or so.

Thanks
Jerry
Attached Thumbnails I found one big problem/downer for me at least!-back-seats-1.jpg  
Old 10-11-06, 04:45 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The centre seat is almost always raised. Did you sit in the regular back seat without the reclining feature?
Old 10-11-06, 05:03 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm surprised you didn't complain that tall hump in the middle of the floor

I was hoping that they would shrink that hump-it's almost like you have to straddle that thing and both of your knees are spread apart, touching the other 2 passengers' knees. Yes, it's the drive shaft, but I don't know why they can't make it any lower.

I'll take a picture of the s-class. It's not flat of course, but it's alot lower than the LS.
Old 10-11-06, 06:49 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

At the Auto show they only had one car to sit in. It was the short wheel car with the reclining back seats.

The hump is big in my car too.
Old 10-11-06, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I'm surprised you didn't complain that tall hump in the middle of the floor

I was hoping that they would shrink that hump-it's almost like you have to straddle that thing and both of your knees are spread apart, touching the other 2 passengers' knees. Yes, it's the drive shaft, but I don't know why they can't make it any lower.

I'll take a picture of the s-class. It's not flat of course, but it's alot lower than the LS.
yup i agree, that's been the problem with most lexus rwd imho. indeed i complain about it

that's why i actually had more incentive about getting the exec package on the ls460l (if i get the car). not like anyone would "like" to sit in the middle anyway
Old 10-12-06, 01:30 AM
Faheta
Driver

I'm dumbfounded by another design decision as well: the new LS is 2 inches longer in both total length and wheelbase, but yet the rear-seat is nearly 2 inches shorter.