LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Test drove the LS460 (pics on pg 2)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
" Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then to the right to activate guidance "

You need to do that ^^ while the car is standing still ?
I thought you should avoid turning the steering wheel while the car is not moving. Doing that too frequently would wear out your front tires faster . . .
actually, tire wear is not the biggest problem. ball joint / tie rods they will take the most hit and could wear out very fast. i am surprised that's how you activate the system too
Old 06-22-06, 11:39 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe there's some weird logistical reason for it as well? Perhaps the car needs to know that the pavement is clear for manuvering around the wheel wells?
Old 06-23-06, 02:59 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Liz for those amazing pics! There is nothing better then waking up in the morning, going to Club Lexus, and finding something exclusive (it just makes my day, specialy this one because it's an LS )... I just hope that a loaded LS460L isn't over $80'000; My God, what a beautiful car! I'm going to look at those pics again, plus my friends are coming over to get their update on the LS.
(I dont want to sound too selfish, but do you have some more? j/k, but if you do, post plz )
Old 06-23-06, 05:39 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Default Beautiful

OMG it is beautiful.

How about pricing? Any word?
I started seeing some 60+ numbers around. That is kind of in-line with what the salesman said. I also saw 90+ for 600h.

Any word yet on the LS460? Not getting the "L" seems like it is more for the passengers.
Old 06-23-06, 09:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by dfiorito
OMG it is beautiful.

How about pricing? Any word?
I started seeing some 60+ numbers around. That is kind of in-line with what the salesman said. I also saw 90+ for 600h.

Any word yet on the LS460? Not getting the "L" seems like it is more for the passengers.
i don't think there are any pricing info yet, otherwise i would have known (would i, liz? )

i think talking about base price is pretty hard and misleading, coz' a lot of times the cars come with some options that are pretty much standard on all cars. but my guess is the 460 around mid 70s fully loaded, the 460l around low to mid 80s, and the 600hl mid to high 90s. all msrp.

again just my guess

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
Thanks Liz for those amazing pics! There is nothing better then waking up in the morning, going to Club Lexus, and finding something exclusive (it just makes my day, specialy this one because it's an LS )... I just hope that a loaded LS460L isn't over $80'000; My God, what a beautiful car! I'm going to look at those pics again, plus my friends are coming over to get their update on the LS.
(I dont want to sound too selfish, but do you have some more? j/k, but if you do, post plz )
lol, we can never have enough of the pics right? liz already did a very good job on taking as many pics as she could, but yeah, i hope she could take more.... on everything

about pricing though, 460l loaded, i think it will be over 80k for sure. the curren ls430 UL msrp is 74k. the 460 loaded i think would be at least that already. and the 460l loaded will include the RSES option which should cost a fortune, so i say it's going to be over 80s
Old 06-23-06, 10:09 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Manual vs. Automatic parallel parking...

Originally Posted by rominl
actually, tire wear is not the biggest problem. ball joint / tie rods they will take the most hit and could wear out very fast. i am surprised that's how you activate the system too
But isn't that what you do anyways in preparation to manual parallel parking?

I think there will be insignificant difference in tire or mechanical wear between automatic or manual parallel parking. You'll have to turn the steering wheel all the way anyways, especially with smaller spaces.
Old 06-23-06, 10:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Well, at least the car is mostly moving slowly when you park manually, but I agree with you that for small parking spaces in which you have to squeeze in, you usually have to turn your wheel all the way anyway.
But I guess I'm still a little surprised that they design this seemingly cumbersome mechanism to activate the self-park, I expect something better & more convenient.
Old 06-23-06, 11:05 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only question for me now is WHEN~~~
Old 06-23-06, 11:23 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The LS 460 is such a beautiful car, I love what Lexus has done with the LS. Can't wait to see it in the streets of NYC.
Old 06-23-06, 11:25 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyboi
when my parents got the 2001 LS430 with full option (ultra) it was already $93 OTD.
so this one must be about the same or more!

but it is so worth it, now the question is, 460L or the 600HL?

It's not possible to get an '06 LS430 to sticker past 76,000 even including destination charges - that's even getting the most wheels (2500 option), ultra lux with dynamic cruise, XM radio, etc - some of those weren't even available or as expensive in 2001.

So if your parents paid 93k out the door then they either
A: Live in Canada
or
B: Paid sticker price, lots of taxes, got a terrible financing rate, and were including the total interest built into the loan schedule

Not much of any other way I can think of paying 93 grand for an LS no matter how loaded up it was.
Old 06-23-06, 11:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

A LS430UL is C$110K+ OTD, that's awfully inflated & expensive considering the current US/Canadian currency exchange rate
Old 06-23-06, 01:08 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are the door scuff plates illuminated by default or is that part of an option package or is it not available at all? Hard to tell if those plates were illuminated or not from the daytime shots but that's also a well equipped LS so they could be while others might not?
Old 06-23-06, 03:08 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Threxx
So are the door scuff plates illuminated by default or is that part of an option package or is it not available at all? Hard to tell if those plates were illuminated or not from the daytime shots but that's also a well equipped LS so they could be while others might not?
Good question. It's kind of hard to tell from the existing pictures. It would suck if the entry-level Lexus gets it but the flagship does not. Anyone who's seen the New LS in person can chime in?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 06-23-06 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-23-06, 03:57 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

WOW...those are GREAT pics Liz!! THe car is just classy and smooth. Not in your face like other models, but its just so mature looking. I really really love it.

So is this the Obsidian Black?? The Black that some said in the 2IS forums that is blacker than black?? Very shiny and reflective??

I think Im with rominl about looking at these pics for extended periods of time.
Old 06-23-06, 04:04 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I have no idea about the scuff plates. I know it's a question many of you guys have and I try to remember to check these things for you, but once you get near the car it seduces you with the plush interior and all thoughts leave your head until you become a drooling speechless mess.

Quick Reply: Test drove the LS460 (pics on pg 2)