LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus LS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 02:00 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus LS Questions

Some general questions on Lexus' current line that will apply to the LS460:

1) What is the perforated leather for? Is just a choice, or does it have to do with heating and/or air conditioning?

2) With SmartAccess, can you open the trunk with a touch, like you can the doors?

3) Is there a motion sensor inside the car such that when the car is locked my dogs inside will set it off? If so, can it be permanently disabled (after signing a waiver)?

...Just trying to understand the Lexus line a little bit better before the big order day is upon me. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-05-06, 05:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
Some general questions on Lexus' current line that will apply to the LS460:

1) What is the perforated leather for? Is just a choice, or does it have to do with heating and/or air conditioning?

2) With SmartAccess, can you open the trunk with a touch, like you can the doors?

3) Is there a motion sensor inside the car such that when the car is locked my dogs inside will set it off? If so, can it be permanently disabled (after signing a waiver)?

...Just trying to understand the Lexus line a little bit better before the big order day is upon me. Thanks for your help!
1) Perforated leather is there to allow the fans to cool your ventilated seating.

2) The trunk does have a button on the underside that you can press to open it. Also there is the regular trunk release in the keyfob as well. Power open and close trunk to boot.

3) No motion sensor inside the car. Unless there has been a change in the standard Lexus Theft Deterrent System, the only way the alarm will turn on is if there is forced entry to one of the doors or trunk,. Also another way is if you arm the system (locking the doors via keyfob or power door lock) and you leave a window open, and try to unlock the doors by reaching inside of the car, the alarm will go off.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-05-06 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-05-06, 05:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by flipside909
2) The trunk does have a button on the underside that you can press to open it. Also there is the regular trunk release in the keyfob as well. Power open and close trunk to boot.
Here's that button between the LED license plate lights:
Old 05-05-06, 08:37 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

1) Perforated leather is there to allow the fans to cool your ventilated seating.

3) No motion sensor inside the car. Unless there has been a change in the standard Lexus Theft Deterrent System, the only way the alarm will turn on is if there is forced entry to one of the doors or trunk,. Also another way is if you arm the system (locking the doors via keyfob or power door lock) and you leave a window open, and try to unlock the doors by reaching inside of the car, the alarm will go off.
Regarding 1), what option triggers perforated leather? Or do you just order perforated to get the fan ventilation?

Regarding 2), if the key fob is in your pocket, you can open the trunk by the button on the underside? Or do you have to unlock it first?

Regarding 3), if I lock the car and arm the system, would my dogs set off the Theft Deterrent System by moving around inside?
Old 05-05-06, 10:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
Regarding 1), what option triggers perforated leather? Or do you just order perforated to get the fan ventilation?

Regarding 2), if the key fob is in your pocket, you can open the trunk by the button on the underside? Or do you have to unlock it first?

Regarding 3), if I lock the car and arm the system, would my dogs set off the Theft Deterrent System by moving around inside?
1) Perf. leather is automatic when packaged with the vent/heat seats.

2) Has to be unlocked.

3) No. there's no shock/motion sensor in the standard Lexus Theft Deterrent system unless they have made upgrades to it. Now, if your dog somehow unlocks the car from inside by unlocking the door from the plunger (not the power door lock switch) manually, then it will trigger.
Old 05-05-06, 10:30 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

Thank you, flipside!
Old 05-05-06, 10:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

No prob!
Old 05-05-06, 10:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think I also read a rumor about the New LS having an auto-trunk opener feature, along with the auto door-closing feature and the auto door-seal feature.

And of course if your dogs are distracting you while driving, the Driver monitoring system might beep at you, but it's not an anti-theft system
Old 05-05-06, 11:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the auto door seal, is that to seal the door when y ou didn't close it in full? if so, yes, it has it. even the current ls430 has it so it's a must

not sure about the auto door closing, ryan can comment. that would be pretty cool i think. the trunk i know it has auto open and close i believe
Old 05-05-06, 11:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's been reported here:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/...s-460-ls-460l/

"Power rear-door closer"

Someone I remember on CL commented that it closes the doors for you like they do in taxis in Hong Kong.
Old 05-06-06, 12:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
It's been reported here:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/...s-460-ls-460l/

"Power rear-door closer"

Someone I remember on CL commented that it closes the doors for you like they do in taxis in Hong Kong.
that would be cool man. i thought that's just the auto-seal feature that we have been seeing
Old 05-06-06, 06:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
"Power rear-door closer"

I think that would be Henry himself
Old 05-06-06, 06:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rominl
the auto door seal, is that to seal the door when y ou didn't close it in full? if so, yes, it has it. even the current ls430 has it so it's a must

not sure about the auto door closing, ryan can comment. that would be pretty cool i think. the trunk i know it has auto open and close i believe
Power trunk open/close that's for sure...i mentioned it above. Power door closers...that is already available on the car. You don't have to slam the door, it will close the rest of the way for you.

As for a full power open/close feature...that would be the coolest feature but i think that's unreasonable. Imagine you're in a tight parking space and you use this feature. Whoops I just dinged someones door. hehe. I think it would cost too much to have sensors measure how far to open the door and such.
Old 05-06-06, 08:11 AM
larrs
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

2) Has to be unlocked.
This is not true on an '06 GS with Smart Access. With the fob in your pocket and the car locked, you can press the button between the license plate lights and the trunk will open, with the car remaining locked. Car stays locked when you close the trunk.

Is this one of the personalized settings? If not, it might be different on the LS460 than it was on the LS430.
Old 05-06-06, 08:22 AM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

Originally Posted by larrs
With the fob in your pocket and the car locked, you can press the button between the license plate lights and the trunk will open, with the car remaining locked. Car stays locked when you close the trunk.
This is what I was hoping would happen on the 460's. Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS Questions