LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm on the list!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 08:57 PM
uthatch
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drink300
Thanks for the info Arazzo.

I just won't be able to understand it if they don't put AWD as an option for the LS460. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura, and Volvo all have this option. It seems unacceptable to me for a car of this caliber to not have this option. Heck, even the GS, RX, LX and (from what I hear), the new ES have AWD options.

Anyone else also on the wait list?

drink300
2003 LS430 Parch/Ecru Custom Lux

I'm on the list. I sent my deposit to Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills. I thought I was young at 31!!!
Old 04-14-06, 09:15 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

LOL...I always wanted to get a license plate that says "Not Dads". The first thing people think when they see me is:

A.) This guy is selling drugs
B.) He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth

Both couldn't be further from the truth. I grew up relatively poor in a single parent household and I have never even smoked Marajuana let alone sold it!! I'm an entrepreneur with two businesses - a computer consulting shop and a website development company. Additionally, I own some real estate. I opted to skip college and just start the businesses. I've been very blessed and never take it for granted.

drink300
Very impressive and I have to say you have a good head on your shoulders. I did go to college and I have my day job, I also have my accounting/tax business on the side and I also own some real estate but I'm older than you (33 years old). Keep up the good work. Live long and prosper.
Old 04-14-06, 10:18 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Woohoo....just put my $$ down to be placed on the wait list for the LS460L. I really wanted the 600hL, but honestly, it doesn't look like it will be here until mid-2007. Being 24, it could be that I am immature and impatient, but I just can't wait that long.

Very excited about this. Dealer told me first LS460Ls will arrive in early October. I am 6th on the list. EDIT: Apparently someone dropped out and now I am 5th on the list!

The only question I have...does ANYONE know if AWD will be an option on the LS460s or just the LS600? I am a skier and can no longer live without this option.

drink300

We're gonna await your review...
Old 04-14-06, 10:31 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

Did you have to put down a deposit? how much was it, if you dont mind me asking ...
Old 04-14-06, 11:40 PM
drink300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timoc42
Did you have to put down a deposit? how much was it, if you dont mind me asking ...
Yes. It was $1000.00

drink300
Old 04-14-06, 11:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I' ve said that I won't be going for the LS600hL, but it's certainly very tempting, & the LED headlights are one of the reasons.
I don't really care for the improved gas mileage nor do I think I really need more than the ~380hp on the LS460 for a large luxury sedan like this, it's not like I would take a car like this to the drag strip LOL, but the LS600hL just seem a little nicer than the LS460L inside & out . . . hmmm . . .
yeah the led headlights are indeed a killer on the 600hl. makes the car that much better than the 460l. me on the other hand i don't really care much on the gas mileage, but i do want the hp. i don't really consider the 300 on the 430 enough anymore. the 380hp on the 460 is nice, but give it another 3 yrs and i think it's common out there, so have close to 450hp is the "right" thing

but then you are talking to a guy who's only dreaming on the car

Hmmm...I thought I saw somewhere that the 7 series had AWD available. And with the ES, I wans't sure. However, I think my point is still valid. With a $70k+ car, you should be able to have every safety and security option at your disposal. AWD is in the category IMHO...

drink300
yup, we discussed this before, we have no idea why awd is not offered on the 460. lexus has awd options offered on all lower end setup, the gs300 and the is250. obviously the ls460 will become the "lower end" with the 600hl coming out. i wonder if it has anything to do with the 460 engine and the 8 speed tranny, but it's just a wild guess
Old 04-15-06, 06:45 AM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

My deposit was $500. I am 13th on the list at my dealers.
Old 04-15-06, 07:40 PM
uthatch
Driver

Originally Posted by Ex-Lexic
My deposit was $500. I am 13th on the list at my dealers.

Ditto here on the $500. But I put it on about 2 months ago, so I'm fairly high on the list. I think 4 or 5.
Old 04-15-06, 10:30 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the purchase. Better take lots of pics of that bad boy when it arrives.
Old 04-21-06, 10:53 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Your on the list!!!

Woohoo....just put my $$ down to be placed on the wait list for the LS460L. I really wanted the 600hL, but honestly, it doesn't look like it will be here until mid-2007. Being 24, it could be that I am immature and impatient, but I just can't wait that long.

Very excited about this. Dealer told me first LS460Ls will arrive in early October. I am 6th on the list. EDIT: Apparently someone dropped out and now I am 5th on the list!

The only question I have...does ANYONE know if AWD will be an option on the LS460s or just the LS600? I am a skier and can no longer live without this option.

drink300
Drink3, if you really want the LS600 wait till next year. You'll just trade in the LS460 anyway when the LS600 is for sale. save the dough and wait on the first LS600's and put your deposit down for the car you REALLY WANT. GOD IS GOOd ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-06, 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by usermel
Drink3, if you really want the LS600 wait till next year. You'll just trade in the LS460 anyway when the LS600 is for sale. save the dough and wait on the first LS600's and put your deposit down for the car you REALLY WANT. GOD IS GOOd ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!
haha well if he really gets money and don't want to wait, i dont' see the probem in getting the ls460 now already
Old 04-23-06, 12:23 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Buy now or wait!!!!

One word answer to response. WISDOM!!!!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
Old 04-23-06, 12:46 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Advice from a guy who also was buying Lexus' at 24 years old.

If you buy now what you really dont want, you waste whatever you were making in car payments up until you buy the 2007 LS600 if you still want it next year. I purchased 9 cars in 7 years and learned after a while that I was pissing my money away. The owner of the dealership even tried to get me not to buy my last car. He said to get what you really want and stay there, I didnt listen. In these times no matter how much we make (I also have a high income and Excellent credit) we need be careful with wasting what we might need. How many in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast (Mississippi) and Texas areas thought they were O.K until after the devastation. You never know what tommorrow brings. Im talking WISDOM, not whatever. It is your choice man your young and if something unseen comes from nowhere and your finances change you got enough youth in you to make it back. On the other hand the dollar loses value aound 2%-3% a year so instead save your talents and get what you REALLY want. Its wasted money at the end of the day if youll just trade in. I have friends who on car dealerships and they usta tell me I was a fool buying a depreciating item. Now I get it from a cost stand point. Get what you want, it sounds like you really want the LS600. Add you down payment to what you will spend in car payments, then your downpayment to get the LS600 and thats extra money that you could flip in real estate and take the money you make of the real estate and pay for the car. And a 9 month CD or some other safe investment. Im old money not new money. All my friends have money and cars are either a hobby or a stage. Some of us admitted we were unhappy with our lives when buying car after car. When we saw that was it we stopped and looked for happiness elsewere. No matter your choice of what to do its yours but, I wanted to give you the real about getting older and becoming usta having money for years. I was down with Jodeci and other big money atist and groups and so I have mad experience in this money thing. Im behind the scenes in the game and seen it come and go.Not mines others by not being alert that Bill Gates is wealthy the rest of us are on incident from disaster. I know people with $ 20,000,000 who lost it all in this music game, by over spending. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
Old 04-23-06, 01:00 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Also...

we dont think about as much as we should but, are you guys aware for the first time since the depression the country is in the negative in the savings rate. Last I heard on the news below 0% for the first time since the depression. We with money are even spending more on gas. I wonder how much we have spent more in gas alone with gas prices rising. Also gas effects cost of other goods and services so what is your dollar really worth. WISDOM!!!! Just think a minute, is it better to buy some gold at these unstable fiat money times or a car. Gold in the early 2000's was around 285 or 300 I think, now its in the 400's do the math. Get what you want dont **** it away. Take it from old money. READ "MILLIONAIRE NEXT DOOR". Great food for thought. Enjoy the money, but be a good steward and be wise with your talents. Your story young man is a great one, showing whatever you belive you can be you can . I want it to go further than material items young man. No matter if you have $100,000 in the bank or $100,000,000 doesnt matter, anyone rich like Cris Rock said can go broke. .GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.

Last edited by usermel; 04-23-06 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-23-06, 01:24 PM
Ex-Lexic
Driver

I have both the LS460 and the LS460hybrid on order, with a deposit at my dealer. I intend to buy both and enjoy both. Right now the lengh of time between delivery of each is 6 months, but that could grow, with delays of one sort on another. If I can't enjoy these vehicles now...then when? LOL Hey--if I don't spend the money now, my kids will get it...and who knows WHAT they will spend it on!

Quick Reply: I'm on the list!