LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"Flagship Sedan" Details To Be Announced 10/19

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 08:54 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ls

Just found this article of the new LS, wanted to share it here.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10141
Old 10-06-05, 08:59 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vicestan
Just found this article of the new LS, wanted to share it here.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10141
re-post, but I hope to God this is not the final cut, after all just a computer rendition... ...and a terrible one I may add.
Old 10-06-05, 01:30 PM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

Im not to crazy about it... but its nice, I think the body somewhat resembles a maza 3 in some ways
Attached Thumbnails "Flagship Sedan" Details To Be Announced 10/19-929200565648.jpg  

Last edited by Luxury_LEX; 10-06-05 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-06-05, 01:41 PM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like the L-Finess concept that appears in the new GS & IS, and thank goodness, it doesn't resemble the LS430.
Old 10-06-05, 05:50 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

look like the new GS to me.
Old 10-07-05, 04:42 AM
swisslexusclub
Driver

This looks very promising:

Originally posted by "biker" @ the Euroforums of Lexusownersclub.

LS460 with 400 hp, scheduled to be released in Fall 2006 as a 2007 model. Hybrid version LS500h should be available in the US beginning 2007
Old 10-07-05, 05:14 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That last one looks pretty good but the reaer looks too much like a bmw 5 series. Lets hope the final product looks something like that.
Old 10-07-05, 11:34 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

Default New Lexus LS limo thinking big

HOT off the press.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/60...nking_big.html

Wednesday 5th October 2005

It's the car that's being tipped to knock the Mercedes S-Class from the top spot in the luxury saloon sector - and Auto Express magazine can reveal it first with its exclusive images.

The Lexus LS has long set the standard for refinement in this competitive market, but it has never been able to match the Merc's driving appeal or its broad range of equipment levels. However, with the introduction of the new LS, which is set to debut at this month's Tokyo Motor Show, Lexus is promising all of that will change.

For the first time, two versions of the new LS will be built: a standard length car and a bigger long-wheelbase variant. The shorter machine measures in at 5,015mm, while the stretched model is 5,135mm long - which is only 70mm shorter than the massive Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

There will be no diesel version, but Lexus is planning a hi-tech hybrid alternative instead. Using technology first seen in the Toyota Prius and transferred to Lexus' RX400h SUV, the twin-power machine will offer a unique blend of performance and refinement by mating its 5.0-litre V8 to a potent electric motor.

Badged LS600h, this car is set to be the flagship model, while entry-level LS460 machines will offer a 4.6-litre V8. Lexus is promising improved performance, thanks to a lower kerbweight achieved with the use of lighter materials. The LS460 tips the scales at 1,775kg, which is comparable to a diesel BMW 5-Series.

Prices have yet to be revealed for the newcomer, but the car is expected to cost around £50,000 when it arrives in the UK late next year.
Dan Strong
Old 10-07-05, 11:57 AM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If it looks like the last pic, sign me up.
Old 10-07-05, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the new upcoming ls is no doubt one of the most anticipated vehicles in my eyes. i have had great luck with all my lexus andi have always wanted the ls430. but with the promises lexus has been making on the new ls, i am definitely going to wait it out and see what they are cooking
Old 10-07-05, 03:41 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by swisslexusclub

I really HOPE this isn't the LS. Looks WAY TOO much like a BMW...and to be honest, I rather walk then have a BMW.
Old 10-07-05, 07:48 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Question

Those pics look like a$$ (imo) .... I surely hope they are bad photoshops, and not any legit clue as to the Ls's new look.... They show the new LS resembeling the one new "Uni-Car" design, it seems every auto mfgr is going for nowadays'.....ie: The new S class is an over grown Accord with a Maybach rear, The new Gs is an Altima/Maxima/Mazda3, I'm not a fan of these new generic looking cars of today..... and I'm under 30 yrs old... So I'm no old fart... who isn't open to change, but please, change with PROGRESS .......Change with individuality....... lemme' stop ranting,....

I talked ish' .... and then I jumped over to the GS forum..and saw the Auto Couture lip kit posted for the new 06' GS ....and This kit allowed the body style to mature on me... I still think the body style is "generic" ..but I will admit I'm feelin it (the NEW GS I mean, NOT LS)more after those pics......

Last edited by Lexobenz; 10-08-05 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-08-05, 08:40 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think both pic.s in previous posts are very good renderings of the new LS. Keep in mind though that stretched version was conceived way before gas prices went over $3/gal. So expect the hybrid to be the order of the day and yes, the limo won't make it to the U.S.
Old 10-09-05, 12:54 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DallasLex
So expect the hybrid to be the order of the day and yes, the limo won't make it to the U.S.
Really?
Old 10-09-05, 07:13 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Horta
HOT off the press.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/60...nking_big.html

Wednesday 5th October 2005

It's the car that's being tipped to knock the Mercedes S-Class from the top spot in the luxury saloon sector - and Auto Express magazine can reveal it first with its exclusive images.

The Lexus LS has long set the standard for refinement in this competitive market, but it has never been able to match the Merc's driving appeal or its broad range of equipment levels. However, with the introduction of the new LS, which is set to debut at this month's Tokyo Motor Show, Lexus is promising all of that will change.

For the first time, two versions of the new LS will be built: a standard length car and a bigger long-wheelbase variant. The shorter machine measures in at 5,015mm, while the stretched model is 5,135mm long - which is only 70mm shorter than the massive Bentley Continental Flying Spur.

There will be no diesel version, but Lexus is planning a hi-tech hybrid alternative instead. Using technology first seen in the Toyota Prius and transferred to Lexus' RX400h SUV, the twin-power machine will offer a unique blend of performance and refinement by mating its 5.0-litre V8 to a potent electric motor.

Badged LS600h, this car is set to be the flagship model, while entry-level LS460 machines will offer a 4.6-litre V8. Lexus is promising improved performance, thanks to a lower kerbweight achieved with the use of lighter materials. The LS460 tips the scales at 1,775kg, which is comparable to a diesel BMW 5-Series.

Prices have yet to be revealed for the newcomer, but the car is expected to cost around £50,000 when it arrives in the UK late next year.
Dan Strong
Sign me up for the big one Seriously I want this car asap im ready to trade and dont want to wait another year to do it

Quick Reply: "Flagship Sedan" Details To Be Announced 10/19